Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-12-2010, 10:50 PM   #61
P1ayingW1thF1re
Ever-opening flower

Arthur, this is the best Tiberan Ass Bastard Folk I've ever heard. Keep up the great work. Metazoa is a truly unique piece of art.
P1ayingW1thF1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #62
TheTiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraband
Oh my god, you even post here?

I find that Metazoa is more and more enjoyable every time you give it a spin. The first 4 or 5 times, I found it to be rather bland. But the piratey vibe proves to be infectious and the melodies just plain fun. Then there's the atmospheric, textured parts. If that's "weird" and there's more of that, I'll be happy.

Yeah I've heard more than once that it's a grower. Glad you're enjoying it. By "weirder," I mean more progressive, more textures, more dissonance, more inventive use of time signature and tempo changes.
TheTiberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #63
TheTiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1ayingW1thF1re
Arthur, this is the best Tiberan Ass Bastard Folk I've ever heard. Keep up the great work. Metazoa is a truly unique piece of art.

Thank you kindly. Perhaps one day we won't be the ONLY Tiberian Ass Bastard Folk band.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:07 PM   #64
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fukk

So, you play for the band?

I think that's swell. You guys planning on touring Alberta, Canada?

or are you sticking around your area?

Sorry for sounding needy.
Shall dry and die in
Lost Carcosa.

Your only chance to evacuate, is to leave with us
severed-metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #65
TheTiberian

Yes, I'm Arthur, the vocalist/bassist. A fan tipped me off to this forum recently when Metazoa was inexplicably included in a top metal albums of the decade listing. I'm actually Canadian, and we'd love to tour in your beautiful country, but unfortunately we can't afford it at this time. Touring is complicated when everyone in the band has full-time jobs, loving girlfriends, and no record label.

You're not sounding needy at all. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

Nice doom dance gif, by the way. Love me some Candlemass.

Last edited by TheTiberian : 04-12-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:19 PM   #66
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fukk

"your beautiful country" ?

That's OUR beautiful country, man!

That's great, i'll be glad to catch you guys if ever end up in Edmonton or Calgary, once everything balances out, thanks

How did you end up in San Francisco anyways?
Shall dry and die in
Lost Carcosa.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:24 PM   #67
TheTiberian

Well, I'm not JUST Canadian. I was actually born in Florida of all places. My father's a purebred canuck, and I lived in Vancouver for several years when I was a kid. My mother is French, as in from Europe... so I somehow have a triple-citizenship going. It's very strange.

And indeed, OUR beautiful country, but I hesitate to call it that since I haven't visited since I was a teenager. I love it though.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:55 PM   #68
Burning_Angel
Valar Morghulis

Arthur posts here! I'm rather excited by this.
Question:
By chance will there be more sections like the trem picked atmospheric one in Hanging Gardens, after the intro [starts at like 1.19]? Or, hell, the whole beginning, up to the folky riff? [I'm curious cause if I had to pick, that'd probably be my favorite moment of the whole album.]

...or there's the phasered arpeggio brilliance of Hole in the Sea... or the octave melody/solo towards the end of The Crossing... See this is the problem. There's so much great stuff on Metazoa!

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Burning_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:04 AM   #69
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fukk

Whoa! Triple-citizenship would be awesome.

Well, I think it's time for a visit then

Thanks for the responses
Shall dry and die in
Lost Carcosa.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:05 AM   #70
P1ayingW1thF1re
Ever-opening flower

This glorious appearance has resulted in me listening to Metazoa. So good. The tremolo harmony in the chorus (I'm assuming that's what it is) of Scavengers Feast is just unbelievably transcendent. Same goes for Sky Burial as a whole. Well ****, the entire album
P1ayingW1thF1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:31 AM   #71
TheTiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning_Angel

Arthur posts here! I'm rather excited by this.
Question:
By chance will there be more sections like the trem picked atmospheric one in Hanging Gardens, after the intro [starts at like 1.19]? Or, hell, the whole beginning, up to the folky riff? [I'm curious cause if I had to pick, that'd probably be my favorite moment of the whole album.]

...or there's the phasered arpeggio brilliance of Hole in the Sea... or the octave melody/solo towards the end of The Crossing... See this is the problem. There's so much great stuff on Metazoa!

I'm really glad you enjoy the start of Hanging Gardens! That song is very personal to me, especially the opening. The writing for the next album is still in progress, but in terms of my current feelings on it, I'm hearing a good deal of atmospheric black metal, some Coroner/Voivod, and a surprising amount of Rush (!). Hole in the Sea was a hell of a lot of fun to record, because that song was actually improvised in the studio. I think you'll enjoy a lot of the layering going on, especially since we brought someone interesting in to mix this time. He's not well-known for some reason, but the band he's worked with their whole career sure are.

Quote:
Whoa! Triple-citizenship would be awesome.
Well, I think it's time for a visit then
Thanks for the responses

I think you're right. I could use some northern air. Not sure how I'll swing it but I'd sure like to.

Quote:
This glorious appearance has resulted in me listening to Metazoa. So good. The tremolo harmony in the chorus (I'm assuming that's what it is) of Scavengers Feast is just unbelievably transcendent. Same goes for Sky Burial as a whole. Well ****, the entire album

Ha, yeah I guess it's a chorus. Sorta. There's only really a couple choruses on the whole album, and they're just repeated once. I'm very glad you enjoy it. Thanks!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:43 AM   #72
Scourge441
Eyes With Pride

Lol. I saw the last post in this thread was by someone named TheTiberian, and I figured it would be you.

Well, welcome to UG. Hope you enjoy your stay. Also, GHOULS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodster
Mega Death?

Are they like Megadeth?
Scourge441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:26 AM   #73
Keth
Contrapunctalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTiberian
Yes, I'm Arthur, the vocalist/bassist. A fan tipped me off to this forum recently when Metazoa was inexplicably included in a top metal albums of the decade listing. I'm actually Canadian, and we'd love to tour in your beautiful country, but unfortunately we can't afford it at this time. Touring is complicated when everyone in the band has full-time jobs, loving girlfriends, and no record label.

You're not sounding needy at all. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

That would be me
Great to have you here on the forums Arthur!

Keth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #74
Shabadoo
perfect gentelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by severed-metal
That's great, i'll be glad to catch you guys if ever end up in Edmonton or Calgary, once everything balances out, thanks

Put me on that list as well, should you ever come to one of those citys.

Quote:
Yeah I've heard more than once that it's a grower. Glad you're enjoying it. By "weirder," I mean more progressive, more textures, more dissonance, more inventive use of time signature and tempo changes.

Can't wait, can we expect to see a sample track or two in the near future?

Last edited by Shabadoo : 04-13-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Shabadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:47 AM   #75
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fukk

Quote:

You're quickly winning your way to my heart.
Shall dry and die in
Lost Carcosa.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:53 PM   #76
TheTiberian

Quote:
Lol. I saw the last post in this thread was by someone named TheTiberian, and I figured it would be you.

Well, welcome to UG. Hope you enjoy your stay. Also, GHOULS.

Thanks for starting this topic. In my opinion the other board can sometimes get over-saturated with Cormorant topics (when Metazoa came out it got a bit insane), so it's extremely helpful when we get spread to other forums like this one. So thank you.

...and ATTACK THE CHURCH.
Quote:
That would be me
Great to have you here on the forums Arthur!

Pleasure to be here. I'll check back every so often to answer questions or offer recommendations. And I appreciate you letting me know about this forum.

Quote:
Can't wait, can we expect to see a sample track or two in the near future?

I'd love to but we do need to record it first. That won't be until the late autumn I'd assume. When we do release the next album, we'll have a very special pre-order package available. I really wanted to integrate the fans more into the process, so this will do that very literally. I need to figure out some logistics, but I think die-hard fans will really enjoy what I'm planning.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:30 PM   #77
Scourge441
Eyes With Pride

Quote:
Thanks for starting this topic. In my opinion the other board can sometimes get over-saturated with Cormorant topics (when Metazoa came out it got a bit insane), so it's extremely helpful when we get spread to other forums like this one. So thank you.

It's pretty crazy over there in general. Most of the stuff that happens there would result in warnings and bannings pretty fast over here. But we have a strict one-topic-per-band thing here, so you won't get a bunch of random Cormorant topics here.

I can not, however, guarantee that this one topic will not also get crazy. Go take a look at the Ne Obliviscaris thread; all they've released is a three-song demo and they have a thread here with over 2,000 posts because Tim and Xenoyr are so active there.

Quote:
I need to figure out some logistics, but I think die-hard fans will really enjoy what I'm planning.

Any hints, or are you leaving us hanging until the official announcement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodster
Mega Death?

Are they like Megadeth?
Scourge441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:01 AM   #78
Shabadoo
perfect gentelman

Quote:
I'd love to but we do need to record it first. That won't be until the late autumn I'd assume. When we do release the next album, we'll have a very special pre-order package available. I really wanted to integrate the fans more into the process, so this will do that very literally. I need to figure out some logistics, but I think die-hard fans will really enjoy what I'm planning.

Sounds awesome, couple this with your even "weirder" sound for the next album and this is easily one of my most anticipated releases of the year.
Shabadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #79
Keth
Contrapunctalist

Just recieved my mega order yesterday, 2 shirts, Metazoa + EP, 2 stickers, a card for the luthier Greg Nelson and a signed 'thank you' note.

Awesome

Keth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #80
progbass
UG Resident

lucky sod

Hey Aurther, how zit going? I was that wierdo that started talkin to you about Heart of Ages and Omnio a longgggggg time ago.

I wanted to say your bass playing is superb, very emotive and expressive. Not a note out of place.

Rate This Thread: