Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #2201
ChamsRock
UG Fanatic

I'm really getting into Progressive music right now, and I'd love to have a song or two to learn. Prog rock or metal is fine. Ideally, intermediate, with odd-meters, as that is what I need the most work on. I can count and drum them fine, but applying them to guitar has been more difficult than I had hoped. Time signature changes are fine, as long as there isn't too many. Ideally, more guitar based than synth, but as long as I can hear the guitar parts, I'm happy.

Thanks.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #2202
ThrashUnleashed
caught w/the wack calzone

Any songs that use E A D F# A D D tuning?
Other than Mumford & Sons' The Cave.
ThrashUnleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #2203
messupp

Can someone answer my thread? I need it for my GCSE, which is important

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1564293
messupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:31 AM   #2204
Antenshi

I'm balls to the wall in love with technical death metal, have been playing guitar for two and a half years now, and would describe my skill level as advanced. I only have six-string guitars, but I'm planning on getting an 8-string very soon, so I'll take any songs that usually use 8-strings.
I usually play songs from bands like "The Faceless", "Psycroptic", "Veil of maya", "Necrophagist", and "Between the Buried and Me". With experience from these bands, I can sweep like a janitor, but what I'm really looking for is shredding experience.
I only know a handful of shredding licks, and don't have nearly enough experience as I think I ought to, so here's what I need: A song/songs with plenty of shredding, or at least one-two solo's with plenty of shreds in them.
Technical-death metal preferred, but not required. If it were a blues song, which for some ungodly reason had a few shred licks, I'd probably still learn it.

All answers are appreciated
Antenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:38 AM   #2205
Hail
kill both bass players

uhm

AAL

i mean, duh
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #2206
Nietsche
Registered Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antenshi
I only know a handful of shredding licks, and don't have nearly enough experience as I think I ought to, so here's what I need: A song/songs with plenty of shredding, or at least one-two solo's with plenty of shreds in them.
Technical-death metal preferred, but not required.

If you want wanky, shreddy tech death then your best bet is every modern tech death band. Here's 280 of them. Have fun.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #2207
rocknrollstar
Debaser

Anybody recommend some open tuned fingerpicking songs? like Beck 's version of He's A Mighty Good Leader.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #2208
Outside Octaves
Thinking about the octave

Any songs that are in E minor but use the F# dim chord preaty heavily? I'm currious as to how that would sound if someone were to actually use that. Preferedly I'm thinking classic rock or metal, etc... but I don't care bout genre in this case...

Outside of that I'm practicing E minor atm, any good ones? LMAO j/k I know, it's like 90% of all rock right? lol.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Last edited by Outside Octaves : 09-29-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Outside Octaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #2209
randomguy2000
<3's ToppScore

Hey
I have been playin 2 years and can play fairly well-led zeppelin, pink floyd, van halen, that stuff.
However i am also interested in some neoclassical.
Suggest a neoclassical song for me-(grade 4), a grade 6 violinist,grade 5 cellist and grade 4 pianist.
Thanks

Last edited by randomguy2000 : 10-04-2012 at 01:20 PM.
randomguy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #2210
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright

Hey I'm looking for some songs with easy solos that I can learn to build up my ability of soloing.

I have been playing for nearly 2 years now. So far the only proper solo worth mentioning that I can play is Goldfinger's cover of 99 Red Balloons.

I don't really mind what genre it is, just put some suggestions and I will appreciate it
Nero Galon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #2211
stryker11

Try "You shook me all night long" by ACDC..pretty easy song and the solo isnt too hard and fun to play
stryker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #2212
Hydra150
not so cowardly

Yea, shook me all night long has a really cool solo.
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #2213
theguitarerguy

Stairway to Heaven. It's long, but defiantly not hard.
theguitarerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #2214
theguitarerguy

Can someone suggest me a song/solo/riff to improve my legato picking? I'm pretty experienced at guitar, but a beginner with this. I'll be fine with any kind of music, but not much of a fan for death metal.
theguitarerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #2215
RndyW0

Hi!

Just bought a 7 string and have been playing it a lot over the past 2 days...as much as I can between work anyway.

I'm not struggling too much with the wider neck (massive hands are a bonus) and I have been learning a touch of Dream Theater so far.

I have learnt all of The Dark Eternal Night in a couple of hours this morning, just to give you all an insight on the level I can/want to learn. I will also be learning A Change Of Seasons over the weekend.

My question is just asking if anyone knows any other music of this difficulty level (specifically 7 string) that I could learn to increase my versatility with the instrument before starting to write more of my own 7 string pieces?

Thanks
RndyW0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #2216
mojachiee

Hey,
I've been playing for 2 years, I need a song that is more than just power chords and has a challenging verse or chorus, it needs to be in the genre of Rock/Blues, such as hendrix, Stevie ray Vaughan.

The hardest song I've fully learnt is Get your hands off of my woman by The Darkness
mojachiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #2217
J-Dawg158
UG's Resident Dhampyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RndyW0
My question is just asking if anyone knows any other music of this difficulty level (specifically 7 string) that I could learn to increase my versatility with the instrument before starting to write more of my own 7 string pieces?

Jeff Loomis plays 7 string and has a lot of really cool riffs and leads to say the least. Check out his solo stuff and his work with Nevermore.
Enginere

I'm Good at Math
J-Dawg158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #2218
Kaid123

Hello, Recently i played Joe Satriani's "A Day At The Beach" at a formal school event and it went down a treat. I have been asked to perform again and they want me to play another song, im around advanced/intermediate level, Looking for a Unnacompannied, Soft Shred solo similar to "A Day At The Beach" i have a couple of months so feel free to suggest some tasking songs .
Kaid123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #2219
poisonousmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaid123
Hello, Recently i played Joe Satriani's "A Day At The Beach" at a formal school event and it went down a treat. I have been asked to perform again and they want me to play another song, im around advanced/intermediate level, Looking for a Unnacompannied, Soft Shred solo similar to "A Day At The Beach" i have a couple of months so feel free to suggest some tasking songs .

Midnight. Or if you can find another guitarist play the Andalusia intro. I'm gonna play Satch Boogie with the official backing tracks that he uses in clinics, so that's another good option.
poisonousmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #2220
DJMonty

I've been playing seriously for a few weeks. The only songs I can play the lead all the way through is Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes and Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton.

I'd like to branch out into power ballads; things like Whitesnake. The songs must be at a beginner level. What songs would you suggest?
DJMonty is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: