Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > Archives Of The Best Threads
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-17-2008, 07:17 PM   #61
Thornography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logz
That could be your problem:
margin-(@) (@)15px

Try removing that entire line. Ive mentioned this before, but for some reason UG when you submit the form sometimes messes up the CSS. Try remove that line.

Also, theres a space in background-repeat:
backgr ound-repeat:

Try getting rid of that, if you cant, leave it out. UG's own CSS file should replace it by default.

Still no luck. I took out the "margin-(@) (@)15px", and removed the space in the background word. It's the end of the world through. And I reuploaded the background, which is a working link, so that's not the problem.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #62
-BlackZeppelin-
imaguition

Thank you man. As you can see they worked. Now you would guess (or hope) that I'm done requesting HTML codes, BUT!! There are still a few things sticking out.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3183...c66c932.jpg?v=0
^ Everything that's light blue I want changed.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258...760b740.jpg?v=0
^ I would like to change all of the Grey font to the matching red.

Logz, your helpfulness is GREATLY appreciated man.
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #63
Logz
UGs UGing UGer

To Thorn:
hmm, ok, try it one line at a time.
<style type="text/css">
.pic { background-image: url('URL'); }
</style>

Then try:
<style type="text/css">
.pic { background-image: url('URL'); background-repeat: no-repeat; }
</style>

Then try:
<style type="text/css">
.pic {background-image: url('URL'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: #000000; }
</style>
Old 06-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #64
Logz
UGs UGing UGer

blackzepplin...
You can try:
<style type="text/css">
.smp {background-color: COLOR;}
</style>

for the blue background bit, however, i dont know if that will work very well as that particular element is styled with "style" tags and not "CSS Class" tags.

And for the grey text:
<style type="text/css">
.forum SPAN {color: FONT COLOR; }
</style>
Old 06-17-2008, 07:41 PM   #65
-BlackZeppelin-
imaguition

Second one worked, but the first did not change the light blue font.

Thanks though. What I got is fine.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:41 PM   #66
Logz
UGs UGing UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BlackZeppelin-
Yea check out my profile for the result of putting in that code. It didn't change the blue text at all, but it did some background changing. Weird, huh?

Thats what i thought might happen. Because CSS uses Class IDs to decorate elements, its possible to have any number of different elements with the same class ID. So you might think you're changing one thing, but you're actually changing alot more than that.

The only way i can see it working (getting the "user is online" background to change color), is if the UG programmers add either Unique classIDs to the elements, or Unique TagIDs to them.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #67
Thornography

Quote:
To Thorn:
hmm, ok, try it one line at a time.
<style type="text/css">
.pic { background-image: url('URL'); }
</style>

Then try:
<style type="text/css">
.pic { background-image: url('URL'); background-repeat: no-repeat; }
</style>

Then try:
<style type="text/css">
.pic {background-image: url('URL'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: #000000; }
</style>

Again, tough luck. It's no biggie though, I'll manage something else another time because I have to go now. Thanks a lot though, it's really appreciated!
Old 06-17-2008, 08:50 PM   #68
Baboom
UG Newbie

BZ Why don't you post the code from your About Me here, so people can just work off yours? Like change the color and background to their liking..
Old 06-17-2008, 08:52 PM   #69
Logz
UGs UGing UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboom
BZ Why don't you post the code from your About Me here, so people can just work off yours? Like change the color and background to their liking..

Ill post mine, if enough people wanted me to. Its a big ish file though.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #70
smb

^I'd appreciate it for one

I'd like to change the background image
Old 06-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #71
Baboom
UG Newbie

Quote:
Ill post mine, if enough people wanted me to. Its a big ish file though.

Nice! I like yours alot, with the Gradients and all.

If you uploaded the file what would we do with it? Just copy and paste it?
Old 06-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #72
Logz
UGs UGing UGer

Its very important to read this bit first:
My CSS code is contained in a seperate .css file, and hosted on another server, linked back to UG through my about me section.
If you want to do this, follow these steps:
  • Set up a free hosting account which allows hotlinking (allows you to link the css file remotely)
  • Copy and paste the code below into the file: ugcss.css (You can do this in notepad)
  • Upload ugcss.css to your web hosting account and copy the URL of its location
  • Goto your about me section and type the following code into it:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://yourhost.com/username/ugcss.css">
  • Once you have done this, your new style should be displayed on your UG profile. You can make changes to ugcss.css directly.

Free file hosting sites you can try:
www.mediafire.com/
myfreefilehosting.com/
filefactory.com/
www.fileden.com/
www.savefile.com/

Please dont copy my code exactly, make changes to it, see what happens in your own profile, or simply copy and paste snippets from it to use in your profile.

Code:
<style> a{color: rgb(36,173,255); text-decoration: none} body{background-image:url('bggrad-1.gif'); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-color: #000000;} a{color: rgb(36,173,255); text-decoration: none} a:hover{color: rgb(36,173,255); text-decoration: underline} a.m {color: #ffffff; text-decoration: none; text-transform: lowercase} a.m:hover {color# #ffffff; text-decoration: none; text-transform: lowercase} a.ma {color: #000000; text-decoration: none; text-transform: lowercase; background-color: #ffffff;} a.ma:hover {color: #000000; text-decoration: none; text-transform: lowercase; background-color: #ffffff;} .my {color:#ffffff; text-decoration: underline; font:bold 12px Arial; text-transform: lowercase} A:hover.my {color:#ffffff; text-decoration: none; font:bold 12px Arial; text-transform: lowercase} A.me {color: #ffffff; text-decoration: underline; font-size:13px; font-family:Trebuchet MS} A:hover.me {color: #ffffff; text-decoration: none; font-size:13px; font-family:Trebuchet MS} .cnt {color:rgb(45,151,238); text-decoration: underline; font:bold 11px Arial} A:hover.cnt {color:rgb(45,151,238); text-decoration: none; font:bold 11px Arial} A.me {color: #ffffff; text-decoration: underline; font-size:13px; font-family:Trebuchet MS} A:hover.me {color: #ffffff; text-decoration: none; font-size:13px; font-family:Trebuchet MS} A.sm {color:rgb(0,198,255); font-size:11px;text-decoration:none} A:hover.sm {color:#ffffff;font-size:11px;text-decoration:none} A.smp {color:rgb(0,198,255); font-size:11px;text-decoration:none} A:hover.smp {color:#ffffff;font-size:11px;text-decoration:none} .sm3 {font:bold 10px verdana;color:rgb(0,198,255);text-decoration:underline} A:hover.sm3 {font:bold 10px verdana;color:rgb(0,198,255);text-decoration:none} A.sp {color:rgb(0,198,255); font-size:11px;text-decoration:underline;letter-spacing:1px} A:hover.sp {color:#ffffff;font-size:11px;text-decoration:none;letter-spacing:1px} A.nx {border: 1px solid #ffffff; background-image:url(topnav_bg-1.gif); background-repeat: repeat-x; color: #ffffff; padding: 5px; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; text-transform: lowercase}; A:hover.nx {border: 1px solid #ffffff; background-image:url(topnav_bg-1.gif); background-repeat: repeat-x; color: #ffffff; padding: 5px; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; text-transform: lowercase text-decoration: underline;}; .nx {border: 1px solid #ffffff; background-image:url(topnav_bg-1.gif); background-repeat: repeat-x; color: #ffffff; padding: 5px; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; text-transform: lowercase}; .sm2 {font:bold 10px verdana;color:rgb(0,198,255);text-decoration:none} A:hover.sm2 {font:bold 10px verdana;color:rgb(0,198,255);text-decoration:overline} td.m {background-image: url('topnav_bg-1.gif'); background-repeat: repeat-x;} td.sts {border: 1px solid rgb(12,173,226);} td.b3 {color: #99CEFF; } td.b8 {background-image: url('bggrad-1.gif'); background-repeat: repeat-x;} td {color: #AFD9FF; } td.b {background:rgb(4,30,51) URL('inf_bgd_bl.gif') repeat-x;padding:10px;margin-bottom:25px;width:100%} .pic {background:#102839 URL('prf_bgd.gif') no-repeat;padding:10px;margin-bottom:15px} .info_bl {background:rgb(4,30,51) URL('inf_bgd_bl.gif') repeat-x;padding:10px;margin-bottom:25px;width:100%} .info {background:rgb(4,30,51) URL('inf_bgd_bl.gif') repeat-x;padding:10px;margin-bottom:25px} DIV.in {background:#000 URL('bt_bgd.gif');padding:6px 10px} DIV.in_s {background:#000 URL('bt_bgd.gif');padding:9px 10px;font:bold 12px Arial; color:#808080; text-transform:lowercase} DIV.info_in {padding:3px 5px; border:solid 2px #000; background:#000 URL('bt_bgd.gif'); position:relative; top:1px; color:#808080; font:bold 13px Trebuchet MS} DIV.info_in_s {padding:5px 5px 7px 5px; border:solid 2px #000; background:#000 URL('bt_bgd.gif'); position:relative; top:1px; color:#ffffff; font:bold 13px Trebuchet MS} DIV.info_ot_s {padding:0px 1px; border:solid 2px #000; border-bottom:0px; margin:0px 2px 0px 0px;background:#666 URL('info_bgd.gif'); position:relative; top:2px; font-size:0px; float:left} DIV.avt {float:left;margin:0px;width:142px;height:142px;po sition:relative;background:#070707 URL('avatar_bgd.gif')} DIV.avt P.mod {position: absolute;left:27px;padding:6px 0px 0px 28px;font:bold 11px Arial;color:#ddddcc;background: URL('ico_ug.gif') no-repeat;height:30px;margin:0px} .forum SPAN {color:rgb(101,180,243);font:bold 11px verdana} .theader DIV {font:bold 10px verdana;color:#ffffff;background-image:url(topnav_bg-1.gif);padding:5px} .theader {padding: 0px;} TEXTAREA.tcomm {border:solid 1px #004F97;background:#00213F;color:#ffffff;padding:3 px;font-size: 9px;} input {border: 1px solid #ffffff; background-image:url(bt_bgd.gif);background-repeat: repeat-x; color: #ffffff; padding: 2px; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; text-transform: lowercase}; //div#comments_div {display: none; visibility: hidden}; </style>
Old 06-17-2008, 09:10 PM   #73
smb

Thanks Logz! I'll study it tomorrow and geek up my profile accordingly
Old 06-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #74
DisturbedDean
Dean Guitars & Disturbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedDean
*deleted*

I'm really sorry about this...I guess I clicked the wrong sticky.Thanks

div edit: that's fine i've deleted the posts now so the thread is neater.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:46 PM   #75
-BlackZeppelin-
imaguition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboom

Alright...

Code:
<style type="text/css">.info_bl {background-color:#C24641;background-image:URL('ht tp://host.com/image.jpg');background-repeat: repeat-x;padding:10px;margin-(@) (@)25px;width:100 %}</style> <style type="text/css"><!-- span,td,body{font-family:sylfaen; font-style:italic;font-size:15px;color:#C24641;} //--></style> <style type="text/css">a:active, a:visited, a:link { color:#C24641} <br />a:hover { color:#C24641; } <br /></style><br /> <body STYLE="background-image:url(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3074/2588827848_7a885fdf58_o.jpg);background color:#C24641;background-attachment: fixed;background-position:left;background-repeat:yes-repeat;"> <style type="text/css">.pic{background-image: url('http://host.com/image.jpg');background-repeat :no-repeat;background-color:#C24641;padding:10px;m argin-(@) (@)15px}</style> <style type="text/css">h1{color:#C24641;font-family:sylfaen;font-size:15p x;font-weight:bold;} </style><style type="text/css">.contact {border:solid 1px #C24641;margin:0px 0px 10px 0px;padding:5px}</style> <style type="text/css">.info {background-color:#C24641;background-image:URL('UR L');background-repeat: repeat-x;padding:10px;}</style> <style type="text/css">.forum SPAN {color:#C24641; }</style>

I have no idea which is which, but those are all of the codes I have entered in my "about me". Hope that helps.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #76
OzarkMDaredevil
**** YEAH THE DOORS

Location: In Lee's Summit Missouri, in the United States of Broland
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/OzarkMDaredevil/

On the first page, ctb had the right about the backround, just stick in the URL in "about me", and it works fine......Thanks ctb.

▲ ▲

Lying face down upon the floor of my vessel

I marvel at the stars
And feel my heart overflow
Read my nerd blog!!
Old 06-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #77
ctb

nice one, phil.

just having to change bits each time and re-uploading to the file host is annoying.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:01 PM   #78
Logz
UGs UGing UGer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb
nice one, phil.

just having to change bits each time and re-uploading to the file host is annoying.

Lol tell me about it. I spent 2 days working on it
Old 06-18-2008, 07:29 PM   #79
-BlackZeppelin-
imaguition

My name is Phil too!!!

One L or two L's?
Old 06-19-2008, 12:28 AM   #80
mikko 9119
siin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbedDean
div edit: that's fine i've deleted the posts now so the thread is neater.

she's in the mood i tell ya...

And goodness Logz (or Phil... whatever your name is...) That is alot of work for a profile haha...

but very sweet nonetheless... when I get some extra time, I'll give a whirl with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by innertom
So much down syndrome

Rate This Thread: