Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Blues, Jazz & Other Guitar Styles
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-24-2015, 07:55 AM   #1
JJx24

Cool acoustic funk?

Hi, lately I'm interested in funk music and I know many bands of that genre.. the thing is - do you know an artist or a band which plays funk but with acoustic guitar instead of an electric one? It could be anything, but the key is acoustic guitar. I just wonder if there is someone out there who, same as me, thinks that acoustic guitar can be played sharply and with edge enough to "funk" . Thank you guys for any idea, I appreciate it.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:13 AM   #2
Mikey 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJx24
Hi, lately I'm interested in funk music and I know many bands of that genre.. the thing is - do you know an artist or a band which plays funk but with acoustic guitar instead of an electric one? It could be anything, but the key is acoustic guitar. I just wonder if there is someone out there who, same as me, thinks that acoustic guitar can be played sharply and with edge enough to "funk" . Thank you guys for any idea, I appreciate it.

Hey, have you heard of Grant Stinnett? Here's a video where he gets funky on acoustic guitar and definitely with an edge. He has lots of videos online and is also incredible at bass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2i...=youtu.be&t=31s

Michael
www.realbasslessons.com
Mikey 1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:52 AM   #3
JJx24

Wow, that's like really really cool. A strange tuning, though

Rate This Thread: