Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-20-2009, 10:19 PM   #81
Yeti60
INTRUDER ALERT!

Whoever bumped this:

I love basketball, but I haven't been watching that much this season cause the Wizards have been garbage this year. Been watching Washington hockey instead.

But next season... if Arenas is back on the court with Haywood and we can maybe dump Stevenson and get a better role player, and everyone is healthy, I'm gonna be excited.

And if McGee develops nicely we should have some solid center positions.

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Yeti60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:03 PM   #82
terrencemaddox
UG Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvid
It has already been seven straight wins for the Hawks. Beating Cleveland would make that eight.

Yeah. Tough game for my Hawks though. They are very good and they are developing in a way that makes me very happy, but Cleveland is such a great team. I hope the hawks can defeat them, but if not I know that they are fighting for it and they really couldn't be losing to a better team (honestly, I rate Cleveland the #1 team to fear in the league).

Whatever though, GO HAWKS.

EDIT: And Gibson, I'm sorry but I have been drinking a bit so I can't offer much to your reply at the moment. Tomorrow I will though, because your answer was full of things to talk about (you do well with sports I'm noticing).

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.

Last edited by terrencemaddox : 03-20-2009 at 11:07 PM.
terrencemaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:07 PM   #83
The Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti60
Whoever bumped this:

I love basketball, but I haven't been watching that much this season cause the Wizards have been garbage this year. Been watching Washington hockey instead.

But next season... if Arenas is back on the court with Haywood and we can maybe dump Stevenson and get a better role player, and everyone is healthy, I'm gonna be excited.

And if McGee develops nicely we should have some solid center positions.

I think Jamison is pretty good too right? I know he dropped 30 points or so the other night.

In St. Louis, where I live, there is no NBA, and it's only on TV when ESPN or TNT shows it, or sometimes the Bulls come on some cable station (WGN I think). There is barely any newspaper coverage, just a few box scores and game summaries.

However, I still try to follow NBA as much as I can, but I only get to see the teams ESPN shows (LA, Cleveland, Boston, Houston, Detroit, and Dallas are pretty much on all the time, and sometimes Atlanta, Utah or Orlando). Even though I am NBA-deprived, I still refuse to watch any game announced by that Van Gundy guy. I think he's horrible!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:10 PM   #84
slidething31

^ I love Jeff Van Gundy. Mostly because he reminds me of when the Knicks were relevant...
Old 03-21-2009, 12:11 AM   #85
meet puppets
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvid
It has already been seven straight wins for the Hawks. Beating Cleveland would make that eight.

yeah my bad. I just think that the hawks are very underrated. In the power rankings we're usually always out of the top 10.

We've played boston and cleveland really close. We only lost to boston by 1 point on and that was on a paul pierce buzzer beater. And the same with the Cavs. And we've beat them once.

Plus horford is just amazing. Give him 1-2 more years before hes an allstar.
meet puppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #86
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrencemaddox
Yeah. Tough game for my Hawks though. They are very good and they are developing in a way that makes me very happy, but Cleveland is such a great team. I hope the hawks can defeat them, but if not I know that they are fighting for it and they really couldn't be losing to a better team (honestly, I rate Cleveland the #1 team to fear in the league).

Whatever though, GO HAWKS.

EDIT: And Gibson, I'm sorry but I have been drinking a bit so I can't offer much to your reply at the moment. Tomorrow I will though, because your answer was full of things to talk about (you do well with sports I'm noticing).

haha not really. I'm good with football but not with other sports. Like, I love to watch basketball, and I know the basic rules and the positions, but I know nothing of strategies and types of offenses and defenses.

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers
Gibson_SG_uzr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #87
Yeti60
INTRUDER ALERT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Picker
I think Jamison is pretty good too right? I know he dropped 30 points or so the other night.

In St. Louis, where I live, there is no NBA, and it's only on TV when ESPN or TNT shows it, or sometimes the Bulls come on some cable station (WGN I think). There is barely any newspaper coverage, just a few box scores and game summaries.

However, I still try to follow NBA as much as I can, but I only get to see the teams ESPN shows (LA, Cleveland, Boston, Houston, Detroit, and Dallas are pretty much on all the time, and sometimes Atlanta, Utah or Orlando). Even though I am NBA-deprived, I still refuse to watch any game announced by that Van Gundy guy. I think he's horrible!

Oh yeah, Jamison is the man... if I could play ball like anyone it might be him.
You should find a website that lets you watch games live for free.... they exist, and I used to know one, but sadly I forgot the name.

Oh yeah and Butler kicks ass... and we definitely shouldn't of given up Mason to the Spurs

Last edited by Yeti60 : 03-21-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:15 PM   #88
Yeti60
INTRUDER ALERT!

WHOA! Something I noticed when I watched the Wizards-Bulls game tonight... really good game despite the Wizards losing, they put up a good effort, and Jamison had a monster game... but! what I noticed!

(but in a Wizards jersey)

Dave Chapelle IS Javaris Crittendon!

Old 03-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #89
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE

^

My Pistons, they are dreadful once more. It dont help that Rip, Rasheed, and AI have been hurt forever, but they have had some big leads that they've blown.

Snake?

Snake?

Quote:
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers
Old 03-28-2009, 10:59 AM   #90
Karvid
Rips Out Spleens

I wore my Lebron jersey the other day for the heck of it. Cleveland has an 11 game winning streak right now, which is always nice.

I'll be happy as long as either the Cavaliers or the Celtics win the championship, although Orlando's also doing really well right now.

/total disregard for the Western Conference
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobTheMe
Karvid is sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Karvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #91
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE

^I think those are the only teams with a legit shot at winning the championship in the East. Boston will need Garnett back, and Cleveland may not need Wallace back, but they may need his help on defense if they want to go all the way.

Snake?

Snake?

Quote:
Old 03-31-2009, 06:53 PM   #92
Yeti60
INTRUDER ALERT!

I hope its Boston. I am jealous of Cleveland. Washington and Cleveland used to be comporable in skill... but now Wizards are at the bottom and Cleveland is on top and James is playing really well.

I like how Boston plays and I like the personalities on the team and its good to see them winning again after years of being terrible.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #93
Yeti60
INTRUDER ALERT!

I just saw the Wizards-Cavs game... HOLY CRAP! A really amazing game. The Wizards put up a monster effort. Defensively they were solid. Arenas managed the ball well and made some amazing passes, Haywood rebounded like a monster, Songaila had an all around spectacular game, lots of energy coming from him.

For the Cavs, James had a pretty good game, he stepped up his play in the 2nd half, got me worried a few times. Mo Williams had a good shooting night also.

I'm really proud of the Wizards for the upset win, and definitely glad to see Arenas and Haywood back.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Charles Barkley needs to shut the **** up.

Last edited by Yeti60 : 04-02-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #94
Alexishxc1337
down to clown

Lakers fan myself, so i was pretty satisfied when Cleveland lost to the Wizards.

And Van Gundy is the one that needs to shut up out of all the TNT commentators.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #95
thefuzz454
**** Bob Duato

^ I love Charles, can't really take him seriously but he makes me laugh.

My Mavs need to move up into the 7th seed to avoid a 1st round against the Lakers so they can stand a chance in the playoffs. They have 5 home games left so its possible.
thefuzz454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #96
Yeti60
INTRUDER ALERT!

Go Mavs...

But.... if it comes down to Lakers and Cavs, I'm definitely going with the Lakers. I used to be a fan back with Robert Horry, Derek Fisher, Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, Phil Jackson, Karl Malone, and all those fellas. Then all most of em moved on and I don't like Kobe that much, so I stopped following them.

But Lakers > Cavs

Old 04-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #97
RHCP94
So hood rich

Playoffs started yesterday. Anyone watching?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #98
Karvid
Rips Out Spleens

I haven't watched any games yet, but I was surprised by the Celtics losing yesterday. Lulz were had when I checked the scores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobTheMe
Karvid is sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Karvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:58 PM   #99
RHCP94
So hood rich

There's actually been a surprising amount of lower seeds beating higher seeds. Out of six games, only the Lakers and Cavs have held seed.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:04 PM   #100
Yeti60
INTRUDER ALERT!

76ers are doing decently against the Magic.

Rate This Thread: