Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-04-2008, 04:39 AM   #1
Slash42x

1983 Ibanez / 1980s Cort Bass, half stack

I recently got a 1983 Ibanez Roadstar and an 80's Cort Steinberger and a 300w bass half stack. I need info.

The Ibanez Roadstar II is a dream. It's in great condition, looks great, but it sounds amazing. I don't have much to compare it to ($300 epiphone) but it truly just sounds AMAZING. I'm confused as to whether or not this is a starter guitar or a cheap guitar back then. It seems really, REALLY nice and the action, finish, neck - it seems like a nice, quality guitar. Can anyone give me more info on it? It has one humbucker. It's from november 1983. The neck and fingerboard have a nice finish, its like pearly/shiny.. I like it

I also got a 80's (I think) Cort steinberger. It's a headless bass. I'm sort of new to bass, so I don't know much abouit basses themselves - but it seems pretty nice. I know a cheap bass. It isn't like a squier or anything. Any info on it? Original pricing? etc?

Also came across a 80's 300w carvin half stack. The head is a 300 watt Carvin Pro Bass head. The cabinet appears to have four 15 inch speakers. It may be 12 inch, but they seem bigger than twelve. I haven't measured. Any info on this? It's a beast!

Anyway, thanks for the replies. Here's a picture:

Guitars: http://a693.ac-images.myspacecdn.co...26e7e120014.jpg

half stack:
http://a800.ac-images.myspacecdn.co...d9e363d0edf.jpg

http://a533.ac-images.myspacecdn.co...c11308af07c.jpg

Any info on any of this? I got it all free from a friends dad who used to be in a band. I also got a pedalboard with tons of pedals (along wtih an old tube screamer and some other stuff. It's a modern pedalboard tho, BCB60) and a bunch of other stuff too. I'm curious about these things though (that I posted about)

Thanks!
Jesse

Last edited by Slash42x : 07-04-2008 at 04:53 AM.
Slash42x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:45 AM   #2
High_o
Doctor Worm

lucky bastard
lucky, lucky bastard
i've no idea about the amp, but the guitar and bass are high quality fo' sho'
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
High_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:52 AM   #3
Slash42x

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_o
lucky bastard
lucky, lucky bastard
i've no idea about the amp, but the guitar and bass are high quality fo' sho'

Sweet deal. I love the guitar. I looked up Ibanez Roadstar II and got a few $200 guitars.. so I wasn't sure. The bass is just awesome, too.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
Slash42x

Come ON, anyone? I''d like some more info and surely you guysknow what you're talking about
Old 07-04-2008, 05:55 PM   #5
mogar

The Roadstar is Japanese made. Very nice guitars that have a cult following. Don't know much about the cort since I haven't had a chance to play any of their basses, but I've played one of their guitars from that era and was pleased. The carvin amps are pretty good, but I haven't had experience with the bass stuff. The cabinet looks like it's a guitar cab though(kinda looks like an x100b cab). Definitely a 412 though, never heard of there being a 415 cab.

All in all, great free score.

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids
mogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #6
Slash42x

Sounds good. Could I buy, say, a peavey valveking head and put it on the Carvin cab? If you think its a guitar cabinet. Are you sure its a guitar cab... is there a way I can tell?

edit: back of cab says its a v-412m magnalab cab. 400w. Any info?

edit: I found a carvin meauseum website. Says "Extension cabinets were also available, in straight or slanted fronts, with MagnaLab or Celestion speakers. The V412-M cabinet with MagnaLab speakers sold for $359." On a guitar amps page. So I guess it is a guitar cab. So if I bought a tube head it'd be a badass guitar half stack? http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/82-guitaramps.html

Last edited by Slash42x : 07-04-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #7
mogar

It'd be fine for a valveking. Just make sure to match the ohms on the head and cab and you're set.

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids
mogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #8
Slash42x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogar
It'd be fine for a valveking. Just make sure to match the ohms on the head and cab and you're set.

SWEET!!! I plugged it into the "Extension cabinet" port on my crate and it was unbelievable! oh my god! This thing is badass... I can't wait to buy a head for this

Rate This Thread: