Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 07-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #81
mrwaffles
Irukandji
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
^I think the people who did my mom's hair did it differently. She doesn't have to do any of that maintenance that you speak of. I dunno...
mrwaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:37 AM   #82
Karvid
Rips Out Spleens
 
Karvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan 118
Quick question:

My hair is shorter in the front than it is in the back. In the front, it comes down to about my chin, and in the back, it's at/a little past my shoulders (I have a pic in my profile, but it's quite a bit longer than that). Should I even it up?

I understand it may be hard without a recent pic.

I never un-evened my hair. What I did when I started growing my hair out was I first shaved it completely off and then grew it to where it is today. Also, my hair looks longer in the back than in the front, obviously because the hair has a longer way to travel from my forehead than from the back of my head (In other words, I can pull the hair at the top of my forehead down past my face and then past my throat, but the hair at the back goes past my shoulder blades and chest). I guess, overall it depends on what you want, but I'm guessing that having it even might make your hair easier to deal with...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobTheMe
Karvid is sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Karvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:38 AM   #83
Jiro from GLAY
Registered User
 
Jiro from GLAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
How do I get my hair like this?



Jiro from GLAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #84
gh0sthack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro from GLAY
How do I get my hair like this?




Personal stylists.

You could probably get it like that by straightening, using a strong wax, finishing it with clay and hairspraying it to set it. As for the actual technique involved, just get the basic shape with the wax. Pull the hair up into normal spikes. With the clay you can give it that solid look and add the curves to it.
The hardest part would be the front!
gh0sthack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #85
mrwaffles
Irukandji
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro from GLAY
How do I get my hair like this?




Wood glue =D
mrwaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:48 AM   #86
Retro Rocker
Banned
 
Retro Rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cradle of the Railways, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro from GLAY
How do I get my hair like this?




Super Saiyan. You'll need a power-lever of roughly 3 million to start with, and a good shot of pure rage.
Retro Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #87
Popsai
RAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
Popsai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Rocker
Super Saiyan. You'll need a power-lever of roughly 3 million to start with, and a good shot of pure rage.

ITS OVER 9000!!!!

I need to ask something, my hair at the back is pretty long, it reaches the shoulders, at the sides its past the ears but not that long, and the bangs are about nose lvl.
Before i started growing my hair, i had a mohawk so i shaved everything and started.
At what length should my bangs be to get it cut at the same lvl? im thinking around mouth lvl...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic


Popsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:58 AM   #88
RevaM1ssP1ss
UG's MtG player
 
RevaM1ssP1ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiro from GLAY
How do I get my hair like this?




You should learn this early - many Japanese products are far superior to Western products
If anyone figures out though I'd love to know ~sigh~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsai
ITS OVER 9000!!!!

I need to ask something, my hair at the back is pretty long, it reaches the shoulders, at the sides its past the ears but not that long, and the bangs are about nose lvl.
Before i started growing my hair, i had a mohawk so i shaved everything and started.
At what length should my bangs be to get it cut at the same lvl? im thinking around mouth lvl...

What do you mean by at the same level? Like.. pretty much all at the same length all the way round?


Also I'm quite proud this thread's still going.
Anyone gonna put it in the 'forbidden threads' thread?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.


E-married to muffinduck01, XmydyingheartX, brndnstffrd, totheark, valennic, stepco12345 and funny_page
RevaM1ssP1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:01 AM   #89
Popsai
RAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
Popsai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevaM1ssP1ss
You should learn this early - many Japanese products are far superior to Western products
If anyone figures out though I'd love to know ~sigh~


What do you mean by at the same level? Like.. pretty much all at the same length all the way round?


Also I'm quite proud this thread's still going.
Anyone gonna put it in the 'forbidden threads' thread?

Yeah, same length all around.
Right now its not.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic


Popsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:04 AM   #90
RevaM1ssP1ss
UG's MtG player
 
RevaM1ssP1ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Manchester
Well whenever you trim your hair, always get more trimmed off the longer bits. It'll eventually even out and won't look daft in the process.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.


E-married to muffinduck01, XmydyingheartX, brndnstffrd, totheark, valennic, stepco12345 and funny_page
RevaM1ssP1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:08 AM   #91
Popsai
RAAAAAAAAAAAA
 
Popsai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevaM1ssP1ss
Well whenever you trim your hair, always get more trimmed off the longer bits. It'll eventually even out and won't look daft in the process.

Yeah i usually do that, cut it more a the back, etc.
But the gal who cuts my hair always trims it too much, then i get pissed for cutting it and just dont cut it.
Its going for about 3 months tho and its starting to get to thin, so i should get it cut.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic


Popsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #92
mrwaffles
Irukandji
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Update on the locks: I have made an appointment to get my hair dreaded next Tuesday. =D
mrwaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #93
mrwaffles
Irukandji
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
^It does make it smelly for a few weeks and it looks fairly damaged, but it's nothing that some good conditioner can't handle.
mrwaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #94
Tom_hatton
Banned
 
Tom_hatton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Midlands, England.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portuguese_boy
Doesn't it completely **** up your hair, makes it smelly and makes it look burned.

That's what happened to my friends hair.

Not at all. If you take care of it like you're meant to, there's no reason why it should screw up your hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwaffles
Update on the locks: I have made an appointment to get my hair dreaded next Tuesday. =D

You can't pull it off unless you is black.

Seriously, very cool. I've been thinking of dreads, but my hair needs to be at least chest length before I'm gonna get any decent looking dreads.
Tom_hatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:01 PM   #95
mrwaffles
Irukandji
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
^Yeah, longer dreads always look better. I wish I had dreads that were about 5/6 down my back...
mrwaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:20 AM   #96
Platinum Pro
old enough to know better
 
Platinum Pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ga.
ok i need to know.. i made a thread about it and was derrected into this one... ok my hair is down past my ears and i need a new hair style.. can somone that knows somthing about hair styles recomend me one? i don't want to cut it off short.. i want to leave it as long as it is.... but if i don't gel it it "poofs" soo any help on a hair style would be good here's a pic of it geled..... don't mind the spikes in front..getting rid of them..
Platinum Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:44 AM   #97
mrwaffles
Irukandji
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
^You could always shoot for the mohawk. You could also just live through the awkward phase and grow it longer. Then you could leave it loose and see how it is or tie it back.
mrwaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:48 AM   #98
RevaM1ssP1ss
UG's MtG player
 
RevaM1ssP1ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Manchester
(p.s. has anyone PM'd a mod to get this put in the 'forbidden threads' thread?)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.


E-married to muffinduck01, XmydyingheartX, brndnstffrd, totheark, valennic, stepco12345 and funny_page
RevaM1ssP1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:53 AM   #99
'Leviathan'
IAWTCIRD
 
'Leviathan''s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Australia
I have a problem with my hair, hopefully someone can help me.

I want my hair to 'drop'. (If you know what I mean.) It's nice when I get out of the shower, but by recess time at school, it's very afro-like. How do I stop this and get it to 'drop'? (Check my profile to see it, although it probably wouldn't help cause I was halfway through a headbang when my brother took the photo.)
__________________
F U C K A - T E E D A H
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH AND BLAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vornik
I look like an alligator.


~☣~
'Leviathan' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:56 AM   #100
mrwaffles
Irukandji
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevaM1ssP1ss
(p.s. has anyone PM'd a mod to get this put in the 'forbidden threads' thread?)

Already done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan
I have a problem with my hair, hopefully someone can help me.

I want my hair to 'drop'. (If you know what I mean.) It's nice when I get out of the shower, but by recess time at school, it's very afro-like. How do I stop this and get it to 'drop'? (Check my profile to see it, although it probably wouldn't help cause I was halfway through a headbang when my brother took the photo.)

You could start using mousse. Also, you could go to a hair salon and have it relaxed. It's not a fun process and your hair will smell funny for a while, but it will help.
mrwaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.