Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 03-28-2008, 05:49 AM   #21
MrDURPEEDURP
Now its time to preach it
 
MrDURPEEDURP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern Nevada <--> Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLees666
God knows lol, it was a slight hill but 106, with 4 people in it (therefore, full) is quite a feat lol. I do have pics of the car on my MySpace page, but I've just remembered it's private. My UG profile pic and my avatar have it in it but it's kinda sliced off the front lol


Your lil' thing managed THAT?!

Looks like your specific car got special attention by the factory or previous owner(s)

Just upload it to tinypic.com and repost it here then
unless you don't have a full car pic.

In that case, upload the one from your profile
__________________
FS/FT ESP LTD Alexi-600 Limited Edition (black/pink [1 of 200 worldwide])

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru....php?p=28274757


FS/FT Randall RH150G3 head+RX412 cab!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1486410
MrDURPEEDURP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:50 AM   #22
MaxLees666
UG's Yorkshire Bastard
 
MaxLees666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Where the sun doth shine and the Moon doth glow. England.
Must have lol, I love my baby :-D
__________________
-Max-
MaxLees666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:50 AM   #23
musiclover2399
musiclover for short
 
musiclover2399's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDURPEEDURP
Your lil' thing managed THAT?!

Looks like your specific car got special attention by the factory or previous owner(s)

It would be funny if it turned out it had a small supercharger or something that he didn't know about .
__________________
Member of the "I cry UG FTW! on every youtube link posted in the Pit" group. http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ugftw/

So it goes.
musiclover2399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:51 AM   #24
MrDURPEEDURP
Now its time to preach it
 
MrDURPEEDURP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern Nevada <--> Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover2399
It would be funny if it turned out it had a small supercharger or something that he didn't know about .


O_o good point, ever checked for any mods?
__________________
FS/FT ESP LTD Alexi-600 Limited Edition (black/pink [1 of 200 worldwide])

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru....php?p=28274757


FS/FT Randall RH150G3 head+RX412 cab!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1486410
MrDURPEEDURP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:53 AM   #25
Jack Off Jill
Is Voting MakinLattes.
 
Jack Off Jill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Elmo's World.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDURPEEDURP
Mine gets to stick around because when OFFICIAL is claimed, anything related to the broad topic MUST now be put in the thread, or else it is locked

besides, that thread is 6days since gone.



If your car can no longer be used, they can't legally charge you for a repair, since it wont' do anything right?

Look over their terms perhaps, if they still push payment, take them to court?

I'm taking them to court. I wanted to be nice, but now I'm done with that. I thought it was completely unfair, it was a three year old car, and completely destroyed. I was almost done with payments, too. Now I'm stuck staying with my parents because they live closer to my job, and I can't get to and from my house without bumming a ride and over paying people for gasoline. Plus, I can't get a rental because I'm under 25, which is completely unfair. It is also getting in the way of my music, since I can't play with people, and I can't bring my amp, electric, and pedals to my parents house. So I'm pretty much stuck playing my acoustic when I play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover2399
^That's bull**** about the insurance company thing. Was the car new or lightly used when you got it?

New.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Jack Off Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:54 AM   #26
MaxLees666
UG's Yorkshire Bastard
 
MaxLees666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Where the sun doth shine and the Moon doth glow. England.
Well I've never gone looking for any but I've been under the bonnet and nothing stands out as extraordinary lol, plus judging from the previous owner, my 20something year old female cousin, I doubt it's been fiddled with. Maybe it's just because when I "tested" it, I was listening to the Blues Brothers soundtrack, so it got the car in the mood :-p lol
__________________
-Max-
MaxLees666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:57 AM   #27
MrDURPEEDURP
Now its time to preach it
 
MrDURPEEDURP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern Nevada <--> Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Off Jill
I'm taking them to court. I wanted to be nice, but now I'm done with that. I thought it was completely unfair, it was a three year old car, and completely destroyed. I was almost done with payments, too. Now I'm stuck staying with my parents because they live closer to my job, and I can't get to and from my house without bumming a ride and over paying people for gasoline. Plus, I can't get a rental because I'm under 25, which is completely unfair. It is also getting in the way of my music, since I can't play with people, and I can't bring my amp, electric, and pedals to my parents house. So I'm pretty much stuck playing my acoustic when I play.

New.



Good, counter-sue them about 6x more for not only their illegality of charging for repairs on the unrepairable (is that a word? Lol), transportation issue, conflict with job, conflict with place of residence, and stress.

That's just a simple way of putting, find a way to make that into much more complex statements and you'll most definately win.
__________________
FS/FT ESP LTD Alexi-600 Limited Edition (black/pink [1 of 200 worldwide])

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru....php?p=28274757


FS/FT Randall RH150G3 head+RX412 cab!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1486410
MrDURPEEDURP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:57 AM   #28
M.O.P
Like a Boss
 
M.O.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Everywhere
I can't drive a car yet but as soon as I save up money i'm buying this honda civic. Just not so pimped up I think a used one in good condition would be about $5000-9000.
Not that I have that much money at the moment
__________________
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
M.O.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:57 AM   #29
StratPat
UG Fanatic
 
StratPat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SYDNEY Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDURPEEDURP
Thing's quite a beaut' you got there StratPat

Specs and cost?

Havn't gone lookin' much yet, but I know it has a Chevy 350 under the hood, I got it as a gift from my grandad, but It'd be easily worth >30k AUD
__________________
HI
StratPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:01 AM   #30
MrDURPEEDURP
Now its time to preach it
 
MrDURPEEDURP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern Nevada <--> Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.P
I can't drive a car yet but as soon as I save up money i'm buying this honda civic. Just not so pimped up I think a used one in good condition would be about $5000-9000.
Not that I have that much money at the moment



Honda Civic compacts are pretty nice cars, don't get me wrong, but what kind of neighborhood do you live in/regularly park in?

Civics are incredibly easy to break into my friend
My cousin's old one was broken into and stolen from.....twice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by StratPat
Havn't gone lookin' much yet, but I know it has a Chevy 350 under the hood, I got it as a gift from my grandad, but It'd be easily worth >30k AUD


Why don't you sell it off then and get another Chevy for maybe a little extra.
Then you'll have some extra at least 5k leftover
__________________
FS/FT ESP LTD Alexi-600 Limited Edition (black/pink [1 of 200 worldwide])

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru....php?p=28274757


FS/FT Randall RH150G3 head+RX412 cab!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1486410

Last edited by MrDURPEEDURP : 03-28-2008 at 06:05 AM.
MrDURPEEDURP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:04 AM   #31
M.O.P
Like a Boss
 
M.O.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDURPEEDURP
Honda Civic compacts are pretty nice cars, don't get me wrong, but what kind of neighborhood do you live in/regularly park in?

Civics are incredibly easy to break into my friend

Well, there are a lot of thiefs around here so i'll probably have to buy some more security for it.
__________________
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
M.O.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:05 AM   #32
Jack Off Jill
Is Voting MakinLattes.
 
Jack Off Jill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Elmo's World.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDURPEEDURP
Good, counter-sue them about 6x more for not only their illegality of charging for repairs on the unrepairable (is that a word? Lol), transportation issue, conflict with job, conflict with place of residence, and stress.

That's just a simple way of putting, find a way to make that into much more complex statements and you'll most definately win.

They're not really charging me for repairs on anything. They know they can't repair it. I owed about 4000 dollars in car payments, when it got destroyed I still had to pay for the car. So, they want to give me 7000. 4000 of it would have to be used to finish the payments on the totalled car.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Jack Off Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:08 AM   #33
xblack_sabbathx
UG Senior Member
 
xblack_sabbathx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover2399
It would be funny if it turned out it had a small supercharger or something that he didn't know about .


thats impossible. You would hear a superchrager winding, couldnt be a turbo either as you would hear that winding as well as would see the intercooler.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
xblack_sabbathx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:09 AM   #34
leaping badger
UG Board King
 
leaping badger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: UK
currently driving my mums slightly battered ford fiesta, not a bad car, but i hurt it


one day i will get myself one of these bad boys



triumph Tr7 V8/ Tr8
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayaplaya
(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
leaping badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:10 AM   #35
MrDURPEEDURP
Now its time to preach it
 
MrDURPEEDURP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern Nevada <--> Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.P
Well, there are a lot of thiefs around here so i'll probably have to buy some more security for it.


It's just so simple to steal from, Honda makes another model of compacts that look EXACTLY like that I believe, which look the same, which provide better built-in security.

Civics are generally just easy to open the lock.

Look into it, the model name just escapes me right now because I think it's somewhat new.
__________________
FS/FT ESP LTD Alexi-600 Limited Edition (black/pink [1 of 200 worldwide])

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru....php?p=28274757


FS/FT Randall RH150G3 head+RX412 cab!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1486410
MrDURPEEDURP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:13 AM   #36
MrDURPEEDURP
Now its time to preach it
 
MrDURPEEDURP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern Nevada <--> Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Off Jill
They're not really charging me for repairs on anything. They know they can't repair it. I owed about 4000 dollars in car payments, when it got destroyed I still had to pay for the car. So, they want to give me 7000. 4000 of it would have to be used to finish the payments on the totalled car.



THAT'S BULL****!!!

My stepfather totalled his old Ford Excursion past the point of repair and he didn't have to finish paying it off.

Court, now.

for that 7000dollars, counter-sue for 20000.
Just do it.

They're supposed to take whatever payments you made on that car, and pass it over to another, used I believe (not sure if it works for new cars), car and help pay off that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by leaping badger
currently driving my mums slightly battered ford fiesta, not a bad car, but i hurt it


one day i will get myself one of these bad boys



triumph Tr7 V8/ Tr8


Hmm, pic(s) of the Fiesta?
I always like seeing what other people are riding in no matter what

Damn that thing's nice.
How much would that run you?
__________________
FS/FT ESP LTD Alexi-600 Limited Edition (black/pink [1 of 200 worldwide])

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru....php?p=28274757


FS/FT Randall RH150G3 head+RX412 cab!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1486410

Last edited by MrDURPEEDURP : 03-28-2008 at 06:17 AM.
MrDURPEEDURP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:14 AM   #37
M.O.P
Like a Boss
 
M.O.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDURPEEDURP
It's just so simple to steal from, Honda makes another model of compacts that look EXACTLY like that I believe, which look the same, which provide better built-in security.

Civics are generally just easy to open the lock.

Look into it, the model name just escapes me right now because I think it's somewhat new.

Thanks, i'll look into it.
I still have to wait about a year until I can drive.
It sucks!
__________________
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
M.O.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:19 AM   #38
MrDURPEEDURP
Now its time to preach it
 
MrDURPEEDURP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern Nevada <--> Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.P
Thanks, i'll look into it.
I still have to wait about a year until I can drive.
It sucks!



I'll tell you man, when you start, you'll love it as long as you're naturally good at it.

I actually started a little while ago, and i'm naturally good at it

When I get my car, I'm gonna race my Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder against his
He also just started driving and he too is naturally good.

the car is to share with him and his youngest older brother.
__________________
FS/FT ESP LTD Alexi-600 Limited Edition (black/pink [1 of 200 worldwide])

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru....php?p=28274757


FS/FT Randall RH150G3 head+RX412 cab!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1486410
MrDURPEEDURP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:28 AM   #39
mattscar
Boro Boro style
 
mattscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Heres my AE86 coupe the other AE86 is my brothers (We had it for almost 10 years now)



It looks like ass right now I know but it will be repainted soon in my garage. I am just too lazy right now lol.

All it has right now is just the zenki front bumper right now. I have about $8000 saved that I am putting in my car.

I am installing a rebuilt smallport 4age, Greddy coilovers, advan a3a rims, Falken Azenis tires, bride seat, cusco roll cage and a plethora of other crap.

Basically what I am doing is spending a whole deal of money to make my really slow car into just a slow car but it will kill in handling.

My main concern right now is safety and reliabilty.

The car will ONLY see track use in the future. But right now its my daily.

NO DRIFTING!
__________________
This is my Signature.

Last edited by mattscar : 03-28-2008 at 06:31 AM.
mattscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:36 AM   #40
MrDURPEEDURP
Now its time to preach it
 
MrDURPEEDURP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern Nevada <--> Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattscar
Heres my AE86 coupe:



It looks like ass right now I know but it will be repainted as soon in my garage. I am just too lazy right now.

All it has right now is just the zenki front bumper right now. I have about $8000 saved that I am putting in my car.

I am installing a rebuilt smallport 4age, Greddy coilovers, advan a3a rims, Falken Azenis tires, bride seat, cusco roll cage and a plethora of other crap.

Basically what I am doing is spending a whole deal of money to make my slow car a little bit fater but murderous in handling.

The car will ONLY see track use in the future. But right now its my daily.

NO DRIFTING!


How do you have on planning to have it refinished?

And when do you plan on having this done so we can see the final result.
It sounds like it's going to be a beast

(in point to the bold)
Track use? Do you race on a team?
__________________
FS/FT ESP LTD Alexi-600 Limited Edition (black/pink [1 of 200 worldwide])

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru....php?p=28274757


FS/FT Randall RH150G3 head+RX412 cab!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1486410
MrDURPEEDURP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.