Password
Search:

Old 01-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #17301
_KurtCobain_77
All Praise Lord Emery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama FTW
Yes...

Feel free to rip on me for messing shit up already. It is under warranty however so I'm going to get all the mud off. If its still acting weird, than I will take it to the dealership and hopefully they'll cover. Not gonna get my hopes up on that.

Don't lie to the dealership. As soon as they catch you in that lie (and they will), it's all over for you, and you'll be on their records lying and trying to get warranty work done. It's not just that dealership either, if it's a warranty claim that the dealership questions, it usually goes to the head of the car manufacturer for that nation and they decide.

Source: I'm good friends with a dealership mechanic. Many guys with jeeps come in wanting warranty work done on a new vehicle that has obviously been offroaded, yet they say it's never been.

Like gaming? Like podcasts? http://www.dragonscrewgaming.com/
_KurtCobain_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #17302
Alex_WK

Getting one of these next month

not sure what colour to get though. Also I'm very tempted by the sports version and I can get them for really cheap through a contact.
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
Alex_WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #17303
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

Get the Zetec S.

Though I'd actually say wait a bit longer if you can and get the ST when it comes out.

If not. Get the ZS or they are just so slow and gut less.

1977 Burny FLG70
Tom 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #17304
Obama FTW
you can call me Bill.

I gotcha man. I cleaned again, this time in the engine bay and the wheel well/tire area. There was mud caked in the bottom part of the shocks/springs whatever. Surprisingly the braking is back to normal. The 5-10second squeak when I first start it up is still there.

I really think I could get them to fix it because it was making noises before I took it mudding. Also, the check engine light popped on about two weeks back for like a day or two so obviously something is up with it. Lol, this is not the best car I could have bought but oh well.

Also, I topped off the coolant yesterday because it was low and it's normal to smell maple syrup type smell after right? If not, than I definitely need to take this thing over to the dealer. I'm just not familiar with Subarus so I don't know what is normal for these engines and what's not normal.

Pedals
Digitech Multi-Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Amp
Peavey 5150

Go Falcons!
Obama FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #17305
jambi_mantra
Is actually English

Screeching when starting is not normal on any engine

Gridion Newsletter: http://issuu.com/mugc/docs/mugc_new...r_edition_three
jambi_mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 PM   #17306
_KurtCobain_77
All Praise Lord Emery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama FTW
I gotcha man. I cleaned again, this time in the engine bay and the wheel well/tire area. There was mud caked in the bottom part of the shocks/springs whatever. Surprisingly the braking is back to normal. The 5-10second squeak when I first start it up is still there.

I really think I could get them to fix it because it was making noises before I took it mudding. Also, the check engine light popped on about two weeks back for like a day or two so obviously something is up with it. Lol, this is not the best car I could have bought but oh well.

Also, I topped off the coolant yesterday because it was low and it's normal to smell maple syrup type smell after right? If not, than I definitely need to take this thing over to the dealer. I'm just not familiar with Subarus so I don't know what is normal for these engines and what's not normal.
The squeak sounds like the pulley system. That said, do you have AC? cause the older Subaru AC systems make a notorious noise when it keeps turning on and off. Coolant should smell like....well..coolant, I've never related it to maple.

You bought it used didn't you? And it's a bugeye? how do you expect to get warranty work on a 8-10 year old car?

Like gaming? Like podcasts? http://www.dragonscrewgaming.com/
_KurtCobain_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #17307
Axeaman
UG's Curve lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seref
So, I'm 21, in the market for a first car. I have about $7000 in blood, sweat, and tears to play with. It'll be mostly city driving, used to get to work and university. I can do most minor car maintenance myself, so I'm thinking of gambling on German cars. I know they don't have the best rap but they're plentiful down here.

Thinking of a ~2003 BMW 325i (I know I can a find a deal on these) or a ~2007 VW GTI or Golf (would have to haggle hard). Fringe options include Pontiac G6, Subaru Impreza, Saab 3-9 Linear, and the boring old Civics/Accords/Corollas/Camrys.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

325 for a city car? No, except if you have a steady income. I would much rather look at a Golf or a Polo. The BMW is a nice car but the MPG is gonna catch you.

@AlexWK, that blue is beautiful but I don't know anything about the car.
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Axeaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #17308
Seref
Gob****e

Location: Miami, Florida, United States of America, North American Continent, Earth, Terrestrial Planets, Solar System, Local Cluster, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe, Multiverse, Omniverse, Eternity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeaman
325 for a city car? No, except if you have a steady income. I would much rather look at a Golf or a Polo. The BMW is a nice car but the MPG is gonna catch you.

It's not really stop/start city traffic. Those congestion really only happen on the interstate down here, it's mostly highway cruising speed between lights.

I'd love a nice euro hatch like the Golf but they're hard to find here. More GTIs get sold than Golfs just because car enthusiasts here dig GTIs, so the used market is loaded with them. Americans have some kind of aversion to sensible hatchbacks.

Guitar Build Fund: $I've lost count / ~$925.00

show

Last edited by Seref : 01-15-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Seref is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #17309
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

Get a 320d coupe.

1977 Burny FLG70
Old 01-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #17310
Seref
Gob****e

Location: Miami, Florida, United States of America, North American Continent, Earth, Terrestrial Planets, Solar System, Local Cluster, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe, Multiverse, Omniverse, Eternity
320d was never brought to the US. Next year's model will be imported for the first time.

show
Old 01-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #17311
Axeaman
UG's Curve lover

Ok. GTIs are good. Are there any diesels coupes by BMW in USA? They're all beautiful cars. I've driven the E90 318d, t'was a good car. Sedan though, but with nice rims it's a very nice car.
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #17312
Seref
Gob****e

Nearest used diesel BMW is a 2009 E60 sedan, 600 miles away and about $13,000 over budget. If I could get any car I'd get a 4 door Golf TDI but again, $7k budget.

Options are getting more and more narrowed down to a Mk4 Golf or GTI. 'll probably make the boring, sensible choice with a Golf.

show

Last edited by Seref : 01-15-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #17313
Hooker84

This is my new car...alfa romeo giulietta

Old 01-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #17314
Obama FTW
you can call me Bill.

Nice whip dude. Looks pretty nice. What kinda' engine in that baby? Also, that interior looks roomy. Congrats man. 5speed or 6?

Pedals
Digitech Multi-Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Amp
Peavey 5150

Go Falcons!
Obama FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #17315
Hooker84

Thanks friend! 6 speed...the motor il 2000 cc 140hp turbo diesel (multijet2)....it's a very nice car for young man or family...
Old 01-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #17316
Axeaman
UG's Curve lover

Beautiful car that one! Not too sure about the interior, but the outside wow!

The Golf is a sensible choice.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #17317
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seref
Nearest used diesel BMW is a 2009 E60 sedan, 600 miles away and about $13,000 over budget. If I could get any car I'd get a 4 door Golf TDI but again, $7k budget.

Options are getting more and more narrowed down to a Mk4 Golf or GTI. 'll probably make the boring, sensible choice with a Golf.

1.9tdi Golf's are solid.

With a remap they are also pleasingly fast.

1977 Burny FLG70
Old 01-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #17318
Seref
Gob****e

And also not sold in the US. I think VW brought the TDIs to the US in 2010 or thereabouts.

You guys get all the fun toys.

show
Old 01-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #17319
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

Seriously? Shit...

What about the 1.8t petrol GTI?

1977 Burny FLG70
Old 01-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #17320
Seref
Gob****e

Aye. One of the ones I've been looking at. Or a 4 door Golf for the convenience.

show

Rate This Thread: