Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #17361
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
 
N_J_B_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Australia
Why bother with an Outback?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #17362
_KurtCobain_77
All Praise Lord Emery
 
_KurtCobain_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Duncan Keith can go play in traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid94
Okay, so I want to modify my Outback. I understand this will take a lot of time and money. I'm trying to write up a list of stuff to get so I can save up. I want to lower it, put new rims on it and put an exhaust system on it.

The problem? I have no freaking clue where to get a decent sounding exhaust for it, and how to lower it. Any pointers?

AFAIK, the Outback shares nearly everything with the Legacy. Double check on that, but if it's true, then you have tons of options.
__________________
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS

Like gaming? Like podcasts? http://www.dragonscrewgaming.com/
_KurtCobain_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #17363
archenemyfan
UG Addict
 
archenemyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyo...ml#post15235339

I was instructed by a certain someone to post this here.
archenemyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #17364
Somekid94
Dingus
 
Somekid94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_J_B_B
Why bother with an Outback?

Five speed, turbo. Nuff said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KurtCobain_77
AFAIK, the Outback shares nearly everything with the Legacy. Double check on that, but if it's true, then you have tons of options.

This is true. I was just making sure that the AWD wasn't finicky when it came to dropping the car to an inch or so lower than a Legacy or otherwise.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyVengeance
I'm growing to enjoy reading your posts.
Somekid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:35 AM   #17365
Prototype4342
UG's Duke
 
Prototype4342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Falcon, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by archenemyfan
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyo...ml#post15235339

I was instructed by a certain someone to post this here.

Is this your build?
__________________
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Prototype4342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:17 AM   #17366
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
 
N_J_B_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid94
Five speed, turbo. Nuff said.


This is true. I was just making sure that the AWD wasn't finicky when it came to dropping the car to an inch or so lower than a Legacy or otherwise.

wut

Outback is mitsubishi right> Or do you Muricans have a different out back?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:21 AM   #17367
jambi_mantra
Is actually English
 
jambi_mantra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Outback is definitely a Subaru. You're thinking of the Outlander.
__________________
MELBOURNE UNI GRIDIRON CLUB 2014 SEASON
ROYALS 0-3
LIONS 0-3-1


Gridion Newsletter: http://issuu.com/mugc/docs/mugc_new...r_edition_three
jambi_mantra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:23 AM   #17368
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
 
N_J_B_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Australia
Ahh thank you sir!

In that case, go for it. Tuned libertys absolutely fly when they're done right. Got any pics of it?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #17369
_KurtCobain_77
All Praise Lord Emery
 
_KurtCobain_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Duncan Keith can go play in traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid94
Five speed, turbo. Nuff said.


This is true. I was just making sure that the AWD wasn't finicky when it came to dropping the car to an inch or so lower than a Legacy or otherwise.

Nah man, you're golden. The AWD system will do just fine as long as you keep all 4 tires near the same dimensions (if you blow out 1 tire, either you have to shave the new tire or buy all 4 new). If you don't, you'll burn out your diffs (specifically your center diff) a lot quicker then usual.
__________________
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS

Like gaming? Like podcasts? http://www.dragonscrewgaming.com/
_KurtCobain_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #17370
Somekid94
Dingus
 
Somekid94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Thanks _KurtCobain_77! If one tire blows, how exactly do I shave the new one..? Four new tires is way expensive.

And yes, I do have pictures, they're just on my phone and Facebook atm. I'll upload them to photo bucket and post them here soon.








As of now, my emblems on the back are black, along with the chrome strip below the Subaru logo.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyVengeance
I'm growing to enjoy reading your posts.

Last edited by Somekid94 : 01-20-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Somekid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #17371
archenemyfan
UG Addict
 
archenemyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype4342
Is this your build?


Nah, it's fearmylightning's build.
archenemyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #17372
Seref
Gob****e
 
Seref's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Miami, Florida, United States of America, North American Continent, Earth, Terrestrial Planets, Solar System, Local Cluster, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe, Multiverse, Omniverse, Eternity
What do you guys think of a 2006 VW GTI 2.0T? 6 speed manual. It's got 160k miles, the timing belt was changed at 115k. $7300 from a private seller.

Looks like a standard trim but with leather interior.
__________________

Guitar Build Fund: $I've lost count / ~$925.00

show
Seref is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #17373
Darkshade666
Has a 666 in his name
 
Darkshade666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seref
What do you guys think of a 2006 VW GTI 2.0T? 6 speed manual. It's got 160k miles, the timing belt was changed at 115k. $7300 from a private seller.

Looks like a standard trim but with leather interior.


160k miles on a German car for 7300$ ? I'd pass.
German parts are way too expensive in North America (maybe less than in Canada though).
__________________
Flickr
Darkshade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #17374
Seref
Gob****e
 
Seref's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Miami, Florida, United States of America, North American Continent, Earth, Terrestrial Planets, Solar System, Local Cluster, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe, Multiverse, Omniverse, Eternity
I've been looking mostly at German cars in that price range. Also I'm looking for c-segment hatchbacks exclusively, need the trunk space for my guitar cabs. It's narrowed down further 'cause I'm trying to find something with a manual transmission.

If I look at Japanese the only things I could get would be older Civic hatches, the odd Mazda 3, and like one of four Subaru wagons in the city. I'd rather gamble on German reliability and get more car for the money than an '04 Civic with 200k miles on it.

If I go American all I've got is old Focuses, Aveos, and PT Cruisers, not really a fan of any of those.

If I go Korean... let's not go Korean.

If I want a decent hatch for ~$7k, German is pretty much the only way I can go. Been looking mainly at Astras, and mk4/5 Golfs and GTIs.
__________________

Guitar Build Fund: $I've lost count / ~$925.00

show

Last edited by Seref : 01-20-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Seref is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #17375
_KurtCobain_77
All Praise Lord Emery
 
_KurtCobain_77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Duncan Keith can go play in traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid94
Thanks _KurtCobain_77! If one tire blows, how exactly do I shave the new one..? Four new tires is way expensive.

Find a tire shop that does shaving. Tire Rack also can do tire shaves on tires you order from them.

Four tires is def way expensive. I learned this the hard way this christmas break, I blew out one winter tire of a set of 4 Hakkapeliita RSi that had 3-4 seasons on them. My parents live in a small town in Northern Canada, so no shop did shaves.
__________________
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS

Like gaming? Like podcasts? http://www.dragonscrewgaming.com/
_KurtCobain_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #17376
Acϵ♠
UG Board King
 
Acϵ♠'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mississwaga, Ontario
I would also pass on an '06 GTI with 160,000 miles. 160,000km, sure id go ahead and do that. but definitely not miles. it'll likely start having wiring issues immediately, never mind it's a GTI and has probably been driven harder than other cars. You've pretty much narrowed it down to nothing, but try and look for an 04-06 Subaru Forester or something like that.

I would look at Mazda 3s. Not uncommon to find them in stick, hatches are plentiful, and the 05-6 models have some nice options. Plenty of power from the 2.3 and are fun to drive. Find one with no rust and you shouldn't have any serious issues with it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #17377
JeanMi36
Muse > You
 
JeanMi36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seref
I've been looking mostly at German cars in that price range. Also I'm looking for c-segment hatchbacks exclusively, need the trunk space for my guitar cabs. It's narrowed down further 'cause I'm trying to find something with a manual transmission.

If I look at Japanese the only things I could get would be older Civic hatches, the odd Mazda 3, and like one of four Subaru wagons in the city. I'd rather gamble on German reliability and get more car for the money than an '04 Civic with 200k miles on it.

If I go American all I've got is old Focuses, Aveos, and PT Cruisers, not really a fan of any of those.

If I go Korean... let's not go Korean.

If I want a decent hatch for ~$7k, German is pretty much the only way I can go. Been looking mainly at Astras, and mk4/5 Golfs and GTIs.


I'd pass on the GTI. They have reliability issues and they're expensive to repair.

I'd stick to the japanese, I'd look into Subaru Outbacks. They're more station wagon than hatches, but they're reliable and they keep their value.
__________________
Need fashion advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.


I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
JeanMi36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #17378
apmaman
pure mento basturt
 
apmaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Dundee Scotland
New floor in

__________________


PSN ID: ArranP
apmaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #17379
Somekid94
Dingus
 
Somekid94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanMi36
I'd pass on the GTI. They have reliability issues and they're expensive to repair.

I'd stick to the japanese, I'd look into Subaru Outbacks. They're more station wagon than hatches, but they're reliable and they keep their value.

+1

If you want a sportier one, look for the 2.5 XT. Its basically an Outback with a WRX engine... Kinda.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyVengeance
I'm growing to enjoy reading your posts.
Somekid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #17380
Platinum Pro
old enough to know better
 
Platinum Pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ga.
New emblems for my Cobalt. They're aluminium 3D decepticon emblems. Very easy to install too and makes my car look awesome and stand out from any other Cobalt. The emblems are black with chrome accents. They go well with the charcoal color of my car.

Smudges around the emblem are from me cleaning the surface before installing the emblems.


Platinum Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.