Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2015, 04:09 PM   #1
percydw

UK What Ibanez is this?

i'm just curious i sent him a message but no idea if he will reply

i mean i'm guessing its an ibanez i cant see clearly

if i get pretty much any ibanez 6 or 7 string and put in the right pickups it should sound like that right? what about the other metal guitars like PSR and schecter? they sound too different (from ibanez) right? (i know the PSR or whatever its called sounds very deep, don't know about schecters or others really though)

also what guitar is this? i know it sounds different but im still wondering

thanks

Last edited by percydw : 11-01-2015 at 04:34 PM.
percydw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:34 PM   #2
DanyFS

Having the same guitar and the same pickups as another person won't make you sound like that person. There's so much more stuff going into how your guitar sounds. Pedals, amp, cabinet, speakers, your fingers and technique, etc.

Quoting dannyalcatraz here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyalcatraz
If your sound were an ice cream sundae, the amp would be the ice cream, the pedals the chocolate syrup, and the guitar would be the nuts & cherries.

You can't really generalize, the same Schecter guitar will sound different depending on the amps/pedals/cabinet and depending on the pickups that it has. Usually, people have a favorite guitar brand because of how the guitars from that brand feel. For example, Jackson is my favorite brand because I love the compound radius and the neck shape.

To answer your first question, I don't know which Ibanez that one is, but I'm sure that the Ibanez gurus around here will provide you with an answer.

Last edited by DanyFS : 11-01-2015 at 04:35 PM.
DanyFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:36 PM   #3
percydw

yeah i know, i've been told many times hehe, but its always the ibanez that i see when i am youtubing and always the ibanez that i like the sound the most it seems (and i know there may be no causation there). so its just another way for me to try to get a better understanding of the guitar world before chucking out 500 on something. i'll go AGAIN to shop tomorrow evening to try out the ibanezes again and see how i feel about playing them now
Old 11-01-2015, 04:41 PM   #4
DanyFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by percydw
yeah i know, i've been told many times hehe, but its always the ibanez that i see when i am youtubing and always the ibanez that i like the sound the most it seems. so its just another way for me to try to get a better understanding of the guitar world before chucking out 500 on something. i'll go AGAIN to shop tomorrow evening to try out the ibanezes again and see how i feel about playing them now

It may be just a coincidence. You shouldn't really judge guitars through videos on youtube. Each youtuber has different gear, so a particular guitar may sound better or worse depending on the gear of the person who made the video. You should try out the guitar if you want to judge it.

It's a good thing you're trying to learn how stuff works before you make an investment. Going to a guitar store is definitely a good move to see how each guitar feels and sounds (be sure to try different amps too), that way you can see which guitar fits you best.
DanyFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:43 PM   #5
percydw

which model of guitar will let me do this? youtu.be/7zgIweBb3B0?t=126

(haha just kidding )
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: