Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #41
thefrigginbob
Frank

After playing around with recording, I'm going to have to try again later. I have to set up each amp model that I want to record because the presets are buzzy because the gain is usually set to max.

I'll upload what I've got, please excuse my playing... I get really nervous whenever I hit record

Uploading now, I'll edit this post in a few

EDIT:
Here it is Link

Recorded using just my fat strat, with just a really simple chugga chugga. One thing that was really bothering me was the was a .5 to 1 sec delay between playing and the monitor on the recording, really screwed me up.

The order of amps is
XXX
JSX
Rec
K-Stien
Dzl

It sounds better when each model is set up right but I don't have the patience right now.

Last edited by thefrigginbob : 08-20-2008 at 09:41 PM.
thefrigginbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:59 PM   #42
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

Thanks for doin that. It's 32 Megs tho so I didn't bother. How are you recording?

Either way, folks should appreciate the effort.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #43
thefrigginbob
Frank

Just direct input. I didn't bother setting up a mic because of the stock speaker.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:05 PM   #44
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

so directly to PC? Gotcha. I've got one of those Lightsnakes. I wish I could send it to you because I don't use it and it has a built in sound card to 'push' the signal and bring it to PC at 44htz and taking delay out.

when I record with my Canon camera (I know, not the greatest either) a 3 minute clip is like 3 Mgs but you lose the quality by the time I convert to Audacity and then back to MP3.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:10 PM   #45
thefrigginbob
Frank

Ah I never really did direct recording before, I didn't know you needed such a thing

I'll see if I can make it smaller.

I don't really know how to make it smaller, usually I use garage band(which I'm more familiar with) but I'm trying this on reaper.

But I compressed it to a .rar so you can have an easier download.

Link

Last edited by thefrigginbob : 08-20-2008 at 07:19 PM.
thefrigginbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #46
DivADD

I'm the guy who said the 30w wasn't very portable, but it seems my statement was taken a little more extreme then it was. It's definitely doable to carry it with one hand, but I'm not carrying this thing down the street. As far as one handed with a guitar and back-back, it depends where you're going. I wouldn't walk home from school with it (Then again, it was a 3 mile walk to my high school..) but it shouldn't be much of a problem to walk to a bus or car or something.

I'm guessing it's the latter since I would never walk down the street with a guitar and a nice, theft worthy looking combo amp (I don't feel comfortable walking the streets with anything valuable without a free hand....just in case), you'll probably be fine.
DivADD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #47
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

well, you don't need it, but unless you have a kick ass sound card it is hard for a PC and stock sound card to handle the signal, thus the delay. The Lightsnake and StealthPlugs have built in sound cards that make the conversions before it hits PC. Most folks can't seem to get them to work including me.

I think my Cannon actually records in .SDR (sound recorder) and then I have to Import into Audacity and then Export as MP3.

There are certainly other options. How long was recording? Maybe chop it up into smaller peices. I know....more work.

311zoso
Old 08-20-2008, 07:31 PM   #48
Brownie2

How is the distortion on the amp? I'm in the market for a 10-15 watt practice amp and need something to play Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer type music. Can this amp do it decently (considering the price), or will I need to get a distortion pedal?
Brownie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:09 PM   #49
thefrigginbob
Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie2
How is the distortion on the amp? I'm in the market for a 10-15 watt practice amp and need something to play Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer type music. Can this amp do it decently (considering the price), or will I need to get a distortion pedal?

You can dial in any distortion you want on the amp itself. It sounds great considering the amp is the price of a pedal.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:37 PM   #50
danyellenik

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/danyellenik/music/

The clip is in there, so people don't need to download it

Maybe put it in your first post? (link to my music so people can hear the clip without downloading because i know a lot of people have dialup and such)

You're welcome, I felt like being nice and converting it

EDIT: I should have boosted the signal a bit, it's kind of a quiet recording, oh well.

and I like the 6505 model the best

I might actually buy one of these 15 watters to play metal, if my classic 30 doesn't hit it with new tubes + a good OD

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808

Last edited by danyellenik : 08-20-2008 at 08:40 PM.
danyellenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:31 PM   #51
Deuterium2H

I think I was one of the first to get a Peavey Vypyr 75, and I started a thread with my initial review and impressions on HCAF. It is up to 4 pages now.

Here is the direct link, for anyone looking for first real reports from owners, like myself:

** Deleted, per forum rules **

Last edited by Deuterium2H : 08-20-2008 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Deleted link to HCAF thread
Deuterium2H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #52
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuterium2H
I think I was one of the first to get a Peavey Vypyr 75, and I started a thread with my initial review and impressions on HCAF. It is up to 4 pages now.

Here is the direct link, for anyone looking for first real reports from owners, like myself:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com...highlight=vypyr

Wow. Be careful dude. RULEs state no links to competing Forums. I would Edit that out asap. Then read the Rules. It may just be a review but becareful - didn't look yet so maybe just post your review here from scratch ....
Old 08-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #53
MOLAAAK

so its essentially the line 6 bogner minus the suck?!
MOLAAAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #54
JMTrio134
UG Senior Member

DAMN! A Plexi, XXX, 6505, and JSX in one amp with loads of FX.

I was gonna save up for a Bugera combo.

But now I want this (60 watt, hybrid version) instead.

GAH WHAT DO I DO?

All we do is make penis jokes and encourage killings.

How to Wash Dishes REVIVED!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X748LVFDoiE

Mudkipz!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=X746DiyeT5
JMTrio134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:44 PM   #55
bjovi400
UG's Sarcastic Private

Location: On a US Government military installation blowing shit up
^^ i wouldnt say that. those L6 Bogners sound pretty damn nice cranked.

^ i was savin up for a XXX 60w combo, but there really hard to find. im in the same situation, with the same amp lol

Im just gonna try them out before i buy them to see how they are. A few reasons i might get the Vypyr over the XXX is because there are no effects with the XXX at all, and hell, there is a XXX setting ON the Vypyr. lol

i just wanna try the Vypyr 60 hybrid out first
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is ****ing nuts"

Last edited by bjovi400 : 08-20-2008 at 09:49 PM.
bjovi400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #56
Deuterium2H

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311ZOSOVHJH
Wow. Be careful dude. RULEs state no links to competing Forums. I would Edit that out asap. Then read the Rules. It may just be a review but becareful - didn't look yet so maybe just post your review here from scratch ....

Thanks for the heads up. I edited my post to delete the link. However, you quoted me....and I can't edit your post.
Deuterium2H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:51 PM   #57
thefrigginbob
Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOLAAAK
so its essentially the line 6 bogner minus the suck?!

So far it seems pretty good, I have seen very few other people who bought one though. I like mine, it does exactly what I bought it for and more... its portable, its nice at low volumes and I can use headphones.

I REALLY wish I would had one of these when I started instead of the MG my Dad gave me(Can't blame him for trying though!)

I really think its a good choice for people who are starting out, it even has a built it tuner.

Thanks for taking the time to convert that danyellenik. I'm going to see if I can record a better clip tomorrow or if someone else has one then I'll put it on the first post.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:53 PM   #58
Ekim423
RHCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311ZOSOVHJH
I posted this last night in another thread. I believe it has 1 power tube. I also heard that the 60 and 120 hybrids are not shipping yet like the others. ??

---------------------
I believe it is the 60 and 120 watt versions that are the Hybrid ones. If I remember correctly they were the two have a gold face plate vs all black. has an MG look

says: Real 6L6 tube power

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Page-3....vey+amps&ipp=15

i hope they do well and help peavey's presence at GC for example.

Yeah i checked on sweetwater.com and they say these wont be available till October or so.

And You are correct in saying that the 60 and 120watt versions are hybrids. They have an all tube poweramp section. But use the transtube technology in the preamp, no tubes. But th TT technology is quite impressive so i think these things will sound quite decent.
Ekim423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:00 PM   #59
thefrigginbob
Frank

Just curious.. What do you gain with a tube power amp? I can only really think of a little break-up if you push it hard, but I just don't know a ton about hybrids so I thought I would ask.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:01 PM   #60
FRDesign
Angel of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghold125
^^zomg, you got the stiletto???

Yes!

Like Avenged Sevenfold??? Click here!
FRDesign is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: