Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > Archives Of The Best Threads > Electric Guitar Archives
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-13-2004, 06:19 AM   #41
lil_rocker
UG's Rubber Ducky

Name: Plectrum strings - Light

Made by: Thomastik-Infeld

Cost: $20 Australian dollars

Features: Sounds pretty! Haha, I'll just copy the stuff from the website... The plain strings are made of brass coated steel, the wound strings have a silk inlay in combination with a highly flexible steel core.

They sound quite fantastic on my Fender acoustic, nice even tone, and are quite easy on the fingers.

Old 09-16-2004, 10:11 PM   #42
SpeedsterP
UG's Proghead

Righty Oh! time for another review of a random Yard sale product.

Name of Item: Alesis Midiverb II

Who It Is Made By : Alesis

Features:
100 random effects including but not limited to flange, chorus, "Bloom" (AN AWESOME FEATURE!) and of course, Reverb.
Knobs for input, output, and effect level and 2 input AND output jacks, plus the adapter, but we know it needs one of those anyway...

Cost ; I got it for $15. Cool!

Style of Music It Fits: ANyone who likes flange will love this item.
ANyone who likes Reverb will love this Item.
ANYONE who needs random cool efects will love this item.
But the delay sucks.

Why You Like It : One word: "Bloom". While this processer can do all of what it does really well (Except for the delay... I dont like it, but someone else will surly disagree with me), I would buy it for the 2 Bloom settings it has. Bloom, in case you dont know what it is, is...wait, let me get my instruction manual...DAMN! where is it?... Ok, I cant find it, but the jist of it was that it fades into the signal, copies milliseconds of it and then plays those milliseconds backwards! or something like that, if you know what it really is, correct me, but I love it nontheless. Its a great thing to add to the rack!

And I am having trouble with putting pictures up sorry I suck. BUT I TRIED TO ATTACH AN ATTACHED PICTURE but it wont work, will it...

The Prog fan you never wanted to meet.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:33 PM   #43
sonicyouthsaves

eh big muff

cost about 85 bucks
three knobs volume, tone , and sustain
true bypass , ac adaptar,
the big muff is made from aluminum
i beat the crap out of mine when i play , so every once and i while i take the top off the bend it straight, but theres never been any sound problems , or wires comming lose , the sound go from violin like sustain , to loud hissing violent feedback fuzz, i recomend anyone , to buy one,,,,, i recentally played a show in an old building behind my friends house, and for an hour i played in the mud caked floor , with water dripping from the ceiling, when i got done my big muff was covered yet still fully functional, i cleaned it off, and it was the same, my friends boss metal zone he uses on his bass, shorted out , is its build to last
Attached Images

Last edited by sonicyouthsaves : 10-21-2004 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:53 PM   #44
DakotaFloyd182
UG Fanatic

Name: Dr. Ducks Super Fat .14s

Who's It Made By: Ducks Deluxe

Features: Strings with really good tone...Also available in Medium Lights (.11s), Medium Fat (.12s), and Custom Fat (.13s).

Cost:Around 10 bucks

Style of Music: Jazz, Surf, Ska, Pop-Punk

Why I Like It: These strings are the best electric strings I've ever used...they last quite awhile too.

You can get them from http://ducksdeluxe.com/

Old 01-01-2005, 02:21 AM   #45
randall_truscot
UG Dime Club Member

Name of Item: RP300A
Who It Is Made By: Digitech
Features: 40 Artist presets, 40 user presets and 40 Factory presets (120 in all.) 11 effects at once, different parameters for each effect, drum machine, Learn-a-lick, Jam-a-long. Chromatic Tuner, Stereo Output, Expression Pedal, 2 assignable LFO filters, Alpha Numeric Display, Rugged Metal Chassis.
Cost: 299$US
Syle of Music it fits: I can get any kind of sound for any type of music. It is especially nice with artist presets to sound exactly like the musicean.
Why I like it: I like the pedal becuase I can use it for any type of music and its got every effect with a wah or expression pedal. Its got learn a lick where you can plug in a cd player and it will slow down the song so you can learn it and, jam along so you can play along with the song. And its got a drum machine.
Attached Images

80's TS9
Crybaby
ISP Noise Decimator
SKB PS25 PB
Behringer GMX212
Line 6 Spider2
Behringer 400wat ultrastack
Old 01-02-2005, 08:45 AM   #46
thatguy
Banned

I too have a modded wah pedal, but just to be different i have a vox

Name: Vox V847 Wah Pedal (modded by me )

Who Makes It: Vox (derr)

Features: Just like every other wah pedal, press the switch and rock up and down, taa daa!

Cost: 220 for the pedal (used), and about 45 for the extra parts. I know that sounds expensive but i live in New Zealand so in the end its like 190 US dollars, which is still crazy but NZ is a little island in the pacific that noones ever heard of so of course things are gonna be overpriced But yeah, it is a pretty reasonable price considering the situation.

Style of Music: Well i suppose it suits whatever style, just depends how you use it However, i use it for the bluesy kinda wah tone i get.

Why I Like It: Because i love the bluesy sound like Hendrix or Clapton and the smooth bluesy wah tone is just perfect, it often makes me drool... It is also made like bricks for a house - i could use it for a murder weapon cos its so solid. In fact, my younger cousin used it as dumbbell before i slapped him across the face with it. (For the record, i do disregard abuse in all forms)

I got this pedal a while ago because i was informed that stock vox wahs were pretty reasonable, and at that point i wasnt planning on any modifications.

Then after i got a lot of feedback due to non truebypassanism (it is so a word!) i decided to fix it, however, cos i live in NZ, supplies werent that easy - and cheap to find. I ended up ordering one off stewmac which cost me 18 USD, and after installation i noticed huge improvements.

When i was looking around on the net to figure out how to get true bypass i discovered this site which then inspired me to do more modifications. After doing the true bypass mod, my wah was a lot quieter when in use so i replaced 68k resistor with a 47k one to increase volume. i then did the vocal mod (replaced the 33k resistor with a 100k) and replaced the 470 ohm resistor with a 270 one, and the 1k5 with a 1k8. i also replaced the .01uf cap with a .068uf cap (im not entirely sure what each mod sounds seperate as i changed everything all at once) Then i put it all together again and tried it out. The results were not so good tho. It didnt sound anything like a wah, it was just plain crazy weird. So i took it apart again and put the .01uf cap back in.

Now it sounds absolutely fantastic, before it was kinda dry and dull - now its the exact opposite. I dont really know how to put it into words, but the clean tone is so so so smooth and when distorted its just perfect for adding flavour to crunchy blues solos.

The mods arent completely finished but i dont exactly see myself finishing them off soon. I plan to add a green led to tell me when its on, and i just thought about maybe painting the black parts green, however i dont know how i am gonna paint the rubber part for your foot with out paintin the silver bit (which i want to keep that way) If anyones got any ideas could you PM me please...

Its easier to understand the paint job ambitions with the picture

Last edited by thatguy : 01-02-2005 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:39 PM   #47
greenday41
1st mammal to wear pants

name of item - grip master

who makes it - planet waves

features - umm...none i guess?

cost - 13 US$

style of music - any i guess

why i like it - i take it where ever i go in my poket and whenever i have spare time i use it, i can definitly say that over the since last week ( when i got it) i have definitly noticed an improvment in my speed and indurance. if it were lost i would buy another one, maybe even two just in case i lost it again for 13 bucks it is definitly worth it. plus you can buy the rough riders caps thingies to build callouses, they pop right on to the gripmaster. all in all i give the gripmaster a 10/10

GRIP MASTA

Last edited by greenday41 : 01-02-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:26 PM   #48
Tombe
Post-Rocker

Boss ME-50

Cost me £200.

Style of music - You can probably use this for anything.

I tried out loads of multi-FXs and this was my favourite one. It's basically almost as good as having a pedal board - it has a dedicated footswitch for distortion/overdrive, modulation and delay, with all the different effects for each category being changed by dedicated knobs. It's also got all the usual gubbins like tone modify, noise suppression and a tuner, and it also has a memory mode which is very powerful. There's also a very useful expression pedal, which can be used for volume, wah, voice, whammy or ring modulation. For anyone who doesn't know what that is, it's a weird metallic-sounding noise, completely tuneless, sounds nothing like a guitar, probably only useful if you're trying to record the next Kid A.

My only gripes are that the acoustic simulator just sounds like an electric with the tone turned to 0 (but I wasn't expecting great things from it) and when using certain effects like harmonist or whammy you can only play one note at a time or it goes all weird and distorted.

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:32 PM   #49
nnypepito3000
UG Newbie

Pot

What, no one can include the Boss CE-3 Chorus?

Alrighty, lets get down to business,
Name:CE-3 Chorus

Manufacturer:Boss

Features:variable rate, depth, and stereo settings

Cost:$50.00 US

Style of Music:Classic rock, definetly hair metal with a distortion unit plugged in behind it.

What I like about it:This petal just sounds awesome, it lets me get that classic rock feel wen its clean, and with distortion behind it it screams with all the fury of Journey. Set the rate and depth all the way up and you get some wicked fat feedback too.

Sorry theres no picture though, i looked everywhere, including the Boss website and i couldnt fin a good one
Old 02-11-2005, 02:02 PM   #50
Tombe
Post-Rocker

Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion

This is my current distortion pedal of choice, got it from some tiny music shop for £60. I tried out loads of different ones, like the Boss DS-1, pretty much every Marshall one going and a ProCo Rat, and this was the one I liked most.

It has two modes, thoughtfully labelled 1 and 2. Mode 1 is standard distortion, pretty much identical to the DS-1's sound. It's been reviewed elsewhere so I won't go into any more detail. Mode 2 is 'turbo' mode which is basically overdrive. Turn the amount of distortion down and you get a nice bluesy overdrive sound, turn it up and you get a sound ideal for screaming leads. If you turn your guitar's tone down a bit and switch to the neck pickup, it makes a good rhythm sound too. I usually use Mode 1.

As far as features go, it has knobs for level, tone and distortion (basically the same as gain). It also has a jack for a footswitch to change between the 2 turbo modes. They reccommend you use the £40 Boss footswitch, but I used a £10 Marshall one (usually used for my amp) to check it worked and it was fine. I don't use this feature, I just use Mode 1 and use my amp for overdrive sounds.

I'm using it with an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and a Marshall MG30DFX (its days are numbered, I'm saving up for a Crate GT212), as well as a Boss ME-50. I place the DS-2 before any of the ME-50's effects.

The DS-1 costs £50, this cost me £60. For an extra ten squid you're getting something which also doubles up as an overdrive pedal. A good deal, in my opinion.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:41 PM   #51
dan_zeppelin
UG Newbie

FEATURED STRINGS

"Back in '87 a friend of mine turned me onto a set of GHS TNT Boomers and I was completely blown away. The combination of the thick bottom and light top is crushing. To date I use 10-60 and all of the bass players who roll with the Black Label Society use GHS as well. When you find something that works you don't look back".

Signature Set - GBZW
Zakk uses this set when using standard tunings and some drop tunings with Black Label Society and Ozzy Ozbourne.

Signature Set - GBZWLO
Zakk uses this set when using lower than normal drop tunings. The heavier gauges on the low E string provides more tension and snaps back better at lower
Old 03-13-2005, 11:06 AM   #52
beatallica_fan
UG fluffly club member #5

Heres my latest purcahse, a Laney LC50 from good old ebay. cost me £300, there around £500 new, £250-£300 is the going rate on Ebay. Contains 3 gain stages, all powered by ECC83 valves, a phase splitter, again an ECC83 and then 2 output valves 5881. two footswitchable channels, each with seperate volume and EQ. Footswitchable reverb, effects loop with control knowb to alter the wet dry mix. Bags of tone, lots of drive though extreme levels of gain will require a pedal. Here my demo on my dmusic site.

http://beatallica.dmusic.com/

Clean Channel

0:00-0:08 - SX strat, bridge/middle rhythm sound

0:08-0:22 - SX strat, middle/neck rhythm sound

0:22-0:36 - SX strat, middle/neck solo sound

0:36-0:54 - SX strat, bridge/middle rhythm and lead with compression.

drive channel

0:54-1:19 - SX strat, middle/neck blues overdrive. (gain approx 30%)

1:19-1:45 - Pacifica 1151 ms, seymour duncan hot rails (bridge, rock sound (gain approx 70%).

1:45-2:17 - Pacifica 1151 ms, heavy rock (gain approx 90%), rhythm hotrails, lead SD 59', neck position.

2:17-end - Pacifica 1151 ms, hotrails (gain 100%), first half pickup volume full, second half volume rolled off.

I love the dynamics you get from this amp, the lovely overtones, once ive got the DS-1 infront if it tis going to be tone heaven. Would love to hear some thoughts on the demo, ignore the playing, it aint that great, wanted to knock this out quickly.

Member #5 of UGs fluffly club, and proud of it

Our mission - to be warmer and fuzzier than any other club

http://beatallica.dmusic.com/
Old 03-17-2005, 04:32 PM   #53
Tombe
Post-Rocker

E-Bow Plus

£60 from Ebay.

The ultimate toy. The Ebow is a small hand-held device which replaces the pick. It straddles three strings on the guitar, the two on the outside sitting inside guider grooves to keep it in place. The Ebow directs a powerful magnetic field at the middle string, causing it to vibrate and sustain until you take the Ebow away.

It sounds simple but it offers an absolutely massive palette of sounds. Played clean with no effects on the neck pickup it sounds like an alien violin. Roll the tone down and play notes in the upper register and it sounds like a flute. Add some chorus to it and it sounds even better. Create volume swells by moving the Ebow back and forth over the pickups.

The Ebow Plus has a secondary harmonising mode, which has two functions. It boosts the sustain of notes higher up on the fretboard, while sustained lower notes closer to the nut eventually fly off into artificial harmonics.

It also works extremely well with effects. Two good uses I have found so far are a) using a wah as a filter - the Ebow sounds better with less treble and a mellower tone and b) using a harmoniser pedal (either on a Digitech Whammy or on a Boss ME-50 which is what I'm using) set to harmonise in octaves to thicken the sound out.

There's no need to use overdrive, since the Ebow adds quite a lot of gain to the sound. Distortion doesn't seem to do much except make the note attack faster.

I use it on an Epiphone Les Paul Custom (I tried it on a Stratocaster but it definitely sounds better with humbuckers) running through a Boss ME-50 multi-FX and DS-2 distortion into a Marshall MG30DFX.

The Ebow is a totally unique accessory. Like slide guitar, it's a totally new way of playing guitar.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Old 03-24-2005, 03:14 PM   #54
Captain Colon
Banned

Location: Hiding in your closet with a cactus and a big jar of lube. You're getting very sleepy...
Re: The Ultimate Accessories Thread!

WYRES HANDMADE PTFE STRINGS (http://www.wyresstrings.com/)

I swear I'm the only person on this forum who uses these, and nobody within 200 miles of me carries them...but they are simply the best coated strings you can buy.
Quote:
Wyres Strings specializes in making our own handmade musical instrument strings, coated or uncoated, for the purist. Strings that don?t suffer from the ?metal fatigue? that?s caused by the bending, flexing and over-stretching of totally machined strings. Such strings are prone to lose their tone and break more quickly. Our highly skilled craftspeople handwrap the core-wire, resulting in a looser wound, lighter tensioned, softer playing string, with less stress on the player and instrument. The player finds the strings easier on the fingers when bending and playing. The instrument ?breathes? and resonates more freely with longer sustain. Handmade Wyres have truer intonation and stay in tune longer. Wyres aren?t mass-produced, taking longer and costing more to make, but resulting in a superior sounding and playing string.

Our optional P.T.F.E. (polymer tetra-fluoro-ethylene) or ?teflon? coating is a proprietary process of combining a dry inert plastic with a carrying agent of rubbing alcohol. This lighter coating doesn?t dampen frequencies and is applied over the finished string, allowing more wire to wire contact for more brilliance. P.T.F.E. lubricates the string, protecting it against oils, acids and oxidation, resulting in less fret wear, less chording noise, longer life and a smooth, silky touch.

The ad on their site is pretty damn accurate...unlike elixirs the strings aren't covered in a "tube" coating, so no tone is lost, and the coating won't start to flake off after a couple weeks of playing. They feel and sound very similar to uncoated DRs. And at $6 a pack they're still around the same cost as most strings!

They make strings for electrics, acoustics, classicals, mandolins, banjos, and bouzoukis too

So um...buy some!
Old 03-31-2005, 10:40 PM   #55
HopePoisoned
UG's Rack Head

Name of product: ToneCore Uber Metal
Company Name: Line6

Features:

Overview:

Über Metal brings you massive amounts of gain in one tiny, tough package. You can chose from some of the best Line 6 high-gain tones from HD147 and Vetta II including Metal, Pulverize, and Insane. Also included with the Über Metal is a built-in selectable noise gate, and scoop control for massive tonal contouring.

Details:

Model Switch - Give this a flick to reconfigure the destructive power of Über Metal.

-----Metal - creates screaming distortion, from heavy grind to molten metal! Bow down, infidels.

-----Pulverize - gives you a distortion similar to a high-gain tube amp. Mmmm, it?s warm and meaty!

-----Insane - has more skin-peeling gain and sustain than anything else available. For the inner Samurai-shredder in all of us.

Level - This sets the output level. Higher levels will hit the amp or effect fed by the Über Metal will more signal level, giving your more volume.

Mid & Scoop - Mid chooses a frequency from 250Hz to 4kHz. Scoop then removes sound at this frequency, with maximum scoop at the fully clockwise setting. Turn it fully counter-clockwise for a slight mid boost.

Drive - This controls the amount of distortion created within your Über Metal. Especially when you've got it set high, you may need to use the Gate to tame unwanted noise.

Bass & Treble - Bass and Treble are controls for your low and high frequencies.

Gate
-----Off - Disables the Gate.

-----Gate 1 - A soft and mild noise gate, self-adjusting to your current Drive knob setting.

-----Gate 2 - A heavy, fast-clamping gate. Great for those aggressive metal chords and palm muting.

Power Requirements
- Single 9-Volt Battery, or
- Line 6 DC-1 9-Volt DC Power Supply (buy it now)

Size & Weight:
- Width 3.375"
- Depth 5.625"
- Height 2.875"
- Weight 2lbs 4oz

Cost: 100 USD (53 GBP)

Style of Music: Anything Form of Metal and punk

Why I Like it:
This pedal is the ultimate in sound and quality. When I first heard about it and heard the little sound clips, i thought "nothing special." But when i went and played it in person i found who versatile it was and how i could get a completely different sound. I got my 80s Metal (w/ delay, of course) sound out of this little stompbox. This pedal pwns Metal Zone and Digitech Death Metal by a long shot and I must say this thing is quite versatile with three different distortion modes and a built in noise suppressor. You can get so many sounds out of this little thing. For $100, this pedal is well worth it.

pic:

Last edited by HopePoisoned : 06-29-2005 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:15 PM   #56
HopePoisoned
UG's Rack Head

Name of Product: ToneCore Echo Park
Who Makes it?: Line6

Features:

Overview:

Based on the award-winning DL4 Delay Modeler, Echo Park is loaded with unbelievable sounding models including Analog, Tape, and Digital Delay. Different delay patterns such as slap, ping pong, swell, and sweep can be adjusted with the twist of a knob, and the Mod dial can be tweaked for even more variations. Also features Tap Tempo and stereo ins and outs.

Details:

Model Switch - Switching this reconfigures the virtual circuitry inside Echo Park. You get three of the most desired delay sounds on the planet.

-----Tape - This gives you darker tone with each repeat just like a vintage tape-based echo. And you never have to change tapes!

-----Digital - This gives you straight up echoes, with crystal clear digital fidelity.

-----Analog - Designed to give you a vintage analog ?bucket brigade? delay sound, with its classic warmth and warble.

Trails Switch - Set this on to keep Echo Park?s processing engaged while in bypass, so your echoes smoothly trail away when you kick the effect off.

Mix - Turn the knob up (clockwise) for louder echoes, or down for quieter ones.

Repeat - You get 1 repeat at the minimum setting, and infinite repeats that swirl around when the knob is all the way up.

Time - This knob gives you a range of spacings for your echoes from 53 milliseconds (close together) through 2.2 seconds (way far apart). You can use Tap Tempo to reach Echo Park?s maximum time of 2.5 seconds.

Mod - Turn this knob up to get some delicious stereo modulation on your echoes. Each model has its own type of stereo modulation:
-Analog has Vibrato
-Digital has Chorus
-Tape has Wow & Flutter

Function Control Knob

-----Normal - your taps are treated as quarter notes, so you hear your echoes coming back at the same speed you tapped the footswitch.

-----Tap eighth note triplet - This setting lets you tap quarter notes, while the echoes come back doing 8th note triplets. Sweet!

-----Tap dotted eighth note - You tap quarter notes, your echoes come back as dotted 8th notes.

-----Slap - This is the place for a speedy slap back echo. The Time knob?s range is automagically changed to be 10 to 150 milliseconds. You can Tap Tempo quarter notes, and get 16th note echoes.

-----Swell - This adds an auto volume swell along with your echoes. Dreamy.

-----Sweep - Add this sweeping filter to the feedback loop of your echoes and you?ll be glad you did!

-----Ducking - The volume of your echoes is ?ducked? (reduced) while you?re playing, and increases when you stop. This is handy to avoid mud-tone.

-----Multi 1 - Uses multiple delay ?taps? to give you a rhythmic pattern of echoes.

-----Multi 2 - Another multi-tap rhythmic variation.

-----Ping Pong - Alternating left and right taps

-----Reverse - Just like the backwards tape tricks on our favorite albums, this flips your input signal around and sends it back to you in reverse. Use it live, and folks are sure to be impressed.

Tap Tempo - Put your foot to work and get your echoes in the groove! Using the innovative ToneCore double-action footswitch, you can tap a couple times and have your echoes match your tempo. Whether the effect is active or bypassed, you can tap the footswitch lightly to set delay time. Your first two taps establish the tempo and any additional taps will be averaged in.

Any time the Tap Tempo switch is used to alter the delay, the tapped value overrides the current setting of the Time knob. Whenever the Time knob is turned, it overrides the last value entered with the Tap Tempo switch. Echo Park?s indicator light flashes the tempo in green when the effect is ON and amber when the effect is OFF.

Details on Time knob ranges:
-Normal = 53ms to 2235ms
-8th-note triplet = 18ms to 745ms
-8th-note dotted = 40ms to 1676ms
-Slap = 10ms to 150ms

Details on Tap Tempo ranges:
-Normal = 40ms to 2500ms
-8th-note triplet = 13ms to 833ms
-8th-note dotted = 30ms to 1875ms
-Slap = 10ms to 625ms

.....Note about delay times:
All times are in Milliseconds.
1000ms = 1 second

Power Requirements:
-Single 9-Volt Battery, or
-Line 6 DC-1 9-Volt DC Power Supply (buy it now)

Size & Weight:
-Width 3.375"
-Depth 5.625"
-Height 2.875"
-Weight 2lbs 4oz

Cost: 150 USD (Usually available Blemished New for 120 USD)

Style of Music it Fits: Anything using delay

Why I Like It
.....This delay pedal is amazing, it's so versatile and great sounding. You really get your moneys worth on this one. It's not as great as the DL4 but the sound quality is just as good, just not as many options on it. Team this pedal up with an Uber Metal and they're unstoppable. This is another best buy and a beautiful pedal with a very wide variety of sounds and very well constructed. She's tough and weighs it and will satisfy anyone looking for delay.

Picture:

Last edited by HopePoisoned : 06-29-2005 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:45 AM   #57
angusyoungwanab
UG's Personal Diabetic

Digital Delay (DD-6)

BOSS

Features: this thing is loaded with them. the there 7 modes on the pedal: (in order) Warp, Hold (5.2 s), Reverse, 80ms, 300ms, 800ms, 2600 ms. the first mode hold, is a standard little delay. what makes it so cool is that, when engaged and holding the pedal down, its creates a loop thing and repeats the note over and over until you let go of the pedal. it does feedback, however, but i dont use it long enough(in a band/live sitiuation) for it to bug me. the second, Hold, is a looper that, when held down, plays 5.2 seconds and loops it. you can lay quite a few "tracks", but it gets muddy. hit the pedal to turn it off. Reverse is awesome. turn the Level all the way to get true Jimi tones. then the other delays are rockin. 80ms is good for the surfer stuff 300ms for Tom Morello-esque slapback delays, 800ms (one i use the most) holds great soloing delay possibilities, 2800ms is killer to like add delaying harmonies, weird little things. it also has a built in tap tempo. hold it for more than 2 seconds, then, just click how fast you want the delay to be. the last cool thing on here is the D. Time knob. its like theres a built in tape in the pedal. set the pedal for a good long delay, then slowly (or quickly if you want) and its like the sound os fast forwarding. i love it.

Cost: new $160, got it used for $18 (sold my Digitech Phaser and Delay to lower price) or it would have been $54.

Style of music: anything w/ delay, rock, country, indian, latin, all the good stuff.

i love it for the features and the 5.2 seconds of sampling over the Digitechs 4 seconds. it may not seem like much but it is. its suprising.

Edit: ok i got a picture.

modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page

Last edited by angusyoungwanab : 04-27-2005 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:44 PM   #58
angusyoungwanab
UG's Personal Diabetic

Ibanez CF-7 by Ibanez

$60 USD (new)

Features: the CF-7 is a remarkable pedal for its price. its got the usual speed, depth, delay time, and regen (regeneration) for knob controls. the two switches are for Mode (chorus or flanger), and my favorite feature, the Krazy switch (Normal or Whack'd) more on this in a lil' bit. this thing offers lush choruses to thick flanges. this thing is great. it can get a little extreme when set to extremes, but what isn't? the Krazy switch is why i bought the pedal. im always looking to get some weird, intense noise for my bands little tribute to Mars Volta (not a cover or anything, just a weird part of the song the Mars Volta would do), and this thing offers me that. Check the Ring Modulator Clip and tell me that isnt some kinda weird sound. from warbles to gurgles to shimmery cleans and 747 jets, it give me what i want/need. this thing, may not be perfect, its cheaper (and IMO better) than buy a Boss chorus and flanger to do the same things.

Style: metal, chill, rock, anything you want to use it in.

i love the Krazy switch, it brings the pedal into its own.

modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Old 05-31-2005, 03:05 PM   #59
drlazmeister
Fake Plastic

Name of Item: Grunge
Who It Is Made By: Digitech
Features:
Loud knob- Controls distortion output level
Low knob- Controls boost or cut of low frequencies
High knob- Controls boost or cut of high frequencies
Grunge knob- Controls the amount of distortion
AC adapter jack- Allows connection to mains supply
Indicator LED- Indicates when effect is turned on
2 outputs- One for amp, one for mixer/recorder
Cost:
Delivered to the Netherlands from guitarbargains.com: 50 euros
...to Great Britain: 40 pounds
...to US: $80
Style of Music It Fits: Grunge [obviously], any rock, produces heavy distortion.
Why You Like It: Produces an amazing thick tone, murky bottom end for Grunge music. Also very versatile for Alternative music such as Muse, etc. Gets crunchy distortion aswell.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:03 AM   #60
d_man2k
Banned

Qwik Tune Q12E

Name of Item - Qwik Tune Q12E
Who It Is Made By - Qwik Tune
Features - Tunes your guitar or bass
Cost - around 35GBP
Style of Music It Fits - N/A
Why You Like It - Most useful feature on this is the circuit breaker button on the front. If you're playing a gig, you can cut the sound and tune in silence. It's much cheaper than the Boss TU-2, and although it's plastic, not metal, it's still durable. It has LEDs and a needle for really accurate tuning. You can also get it to play the note to you which is useful if you just want to quickly tune it up without plugging in.
Picture

Rate This Thread: