Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > Archives Of The Best Threads > Electric Guitar Archives
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-19-2005, 12:12 PM   #61
god9

Name of Item- Korg PX4 Pandora
Who It Is Made By- Korg
Features- # Lit icon characters against semitransparent LCD for better viewing, especially under stage lights
# Control panel layout stands vertically as opposed to horizontal layout of the PX3
# Infrared transmitter, FM-type for wireless headphones
# Runs on a 4.5V DC, uses standard power supply
# 50 factory programs/50 user
# 124 effects types, 7 at once
# RMS modeling
# Intelligent pitch shifting
# Random step filter
# 40 rhythm and bass patterns
# Chain up to 8 different patterns together
# Phrase trainer with 31.7 seconds recording time
# Transposer in, Aux in
# Pickup modeling
# Stompbox dynamic effect models
# 14 amp models
# 11 cabinet models
# 44 modulation types
# 5 delays
# 10 reverbs
# Effects include Talker, Feedbacker, Slow-Attack, Guitar Synth, Ring Modulator, U-Vibe, and Rotary

Cost- $199.00 on Musicians Friend
Style of Music It Fits - Every style
Why You Like It- Its just really nifty. I don't own it, I played it at my friends house, but it has so many different effects, it makes it a killer piece of equipment. If you have the money you want to spend, buy it.
Picture

Check it out here.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:36 AM   #62
power freak
Counting to infinity...

Quote:
Originally posted by Hendrix4ever
what brand/gauge of strings will get me a nice, warm sound? Kind of like the sound that Trey Anastasio and Jerry Garcia has.

Please keep all non-related posts out of this thread.

Thank you.

Old 06-20-2005, 10:00 PM   #63
Mental Hop
White Roses For Warfare

Name of Item: BLT Slap Echo

Who It Is Made By: Danelectro

Features: Mix and Repeat

Cost: $29.99

Style of Music It Fits: Rockabilly, Country and Blues
Why You Like It: I like this pedal because it's sturdy (believe it or not) and fits to the kind of music I like to play. It is the perfect pedal for classic country and rockabilly. It sounds just like the old recordings from early Elvis with Scooty Moore. Definitly a worthwhile pedal for the rockabilly fans. And this thing is pretty sturdy. I've had it for over a year now and I only broke one of the dials off tonight after I accidently slammed the wah pedal on it. But it was an easy fix because the bottom of the dial has a little cross on the bottom of it and it fits in directly to it's former spot and just added a touch of super glue to ensure it's immobility from going anywhere anymore. For the price, this pedal rocks, and if it wore 20 bucks more, I'd buy it again. Although you must buy a wall wart for this one because it will eat a battery or two until you get one. A lot of people harp on Danelectro for not being quality but they can say all they want and buy more exspensive equipment and miss out on a good deal that is worth every penny.

Picture:

My guitar was here first so lay hands off my soul.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:41 AM   #64
sonixon
title and registration

Alright. Prepare for a long post.

Name of Item: DDL Digital Delay
Who It Is Made By: Ibanez
Features:
Three Modes:
Short - 28 ~ 224 ms
Long - 224 ~ 1800 ms
Hold - 224 ~ 1800 ms
--> Has three control knobs, Delay time, Delay level and Repeat.
--> Regular output as well as Dry output.
Cost: $35 CD :P I bought it from a friend, I got a huge deal.
Style of Music It Fits: Any type of song you'd want to play with delay, this pedal will work for you. It's old (I'm not sure of the original release date) but it's efficient.
Why You Like It: Well I mainly like it because it was such a steal, but it's also everything I currently want in a delay pedal. Whether I just want a slight echo for solo-ing, or a noisy looped intro for walking on stage (yeah, very showy), this gets the job done. With all of the settings up, this pedal can loop a 2-3 second guitar sound for at least a minute and a half to two minutes.
Picture:

(Not taken by me, found it on google.)

Name of Item: Magicstomp
Who It Is Made By: Yamaha
Features: Oh... the features...
It has 99 factory preset patches, with an absolute plethora of different sounds. And as if that wasn't enough, it comes with 99 user overideable slots. It comes with a CD rom that contains a program you can use to custom build your own effects, with endless possibilities. While the pedal is hooked up to the computer via USB, you can hear what you're editing through your amp so you know exactly what's going on. Even if you don't know what all of the knobs do in the editor, you can just screw with them until you get the sound you like. The pedal itself has 3 knobs to control whatever aspect of the effect (that you've made) that you want. The Presets come already set as to what can be changed with the knobs. It has an On/Off switch, a Volume knobs, and two other switches to cycle through the effects (which you can hold down to speed through them). You can also go online to the Magicstomp Website (link below) and get patches from different artists who use the Magicstomp. It has a very swell looking 32-bit backlit screen, that has some sort of layering on it that defends against scratching. I put a homemade clear tape-shield on anyways, for optimal protection.
99 factory preset patches

Multi

P01: HeavyHiGain
P02: HeavyTrem
P03: Drivin'Verb
P04: VinTremolo
P05: 70'sRockLead
P06: SciFiFlange
P07: AllPurpose
P08: CrunchChorus
P09: CleanCutting
P10: BluesSolo
P11: Cuttin'Fl
P12: ArpDelay

Distortion

P13: FatGermFuzz
P14: BuzzsawFuzz
P15: TubeDrive
P16: VinMidBoost
P17: ClassicDist
P18: BigSusFuzz
P19: Overdrive
P20: MetalDist
P21: SmashingFuzz

Dist+Mod

P22: JetFuzz
P23: Flangitis
P24: VibeFuzz
P25: OD Chorus
P26: WobbleFuzz

Amp

P27: VinClean
P28: FatBassCombo
P29: ClassACombo
P30: 70'sBrit
P31: ClassACrunch
P32: HiVoltage
P33: HiGainStk
P34: ModernHiGain
P35: BatteryAmp
P36: SmallRadio

Chorus

P37: AnalogChorus
P38: RichStereoCh
P39: Symphonic
P40: Womanizer

Flanger

P41: AnalogFlange
P42: JupiterRay
P43: TunnelFlange

Phaser

P44: AnalogPhaser
P45: PhaserFan
P46: StrwbrryFaze

Vibe

P47: VinVibe
P48: PitchVibrato

Tremolo

P49: OptComTrem
P50: PanTrem

Rotary

P51: VinRotary

Compressor

P52: SmallComp

Delay

P53: ShadowDly
P54: TapeEcho
P55: MultiHead
P56: AnalogDelay
P57: PingPongDly
P58: AnalogModDly
P59: Symphdelay
P60: UD-Chorus1
P61: UD-Lead1
P62: UD-VolSwell1

Reverb

P63: HallRev
P64: PlateRev
P65: SpringRev
P66: ModRev
P67: ShaloWaters

Filter

P68: D.FilterUp
P69: DynaJetFlang
P70: TalkingPhase
P71: CatShelter

RingModulator

P72: RingMod

PitchShifter

P73: PitchShift

SoundEffect

P74: 12Strings
P75: SparklMod
P76: DiveDown
P77: DiminishUpDw
P78: Bats
P79: MachineGun
P80: RotModDly
P81: SlowSpace
P82: Traktor
P83: Mob
P84: Shimmer
P85: SpaceGun

Multi+SP.Sim

P86: GlamRiff
P87: WestCoastRif
P88: LongSusLead
P89: SurfSound
P90: BigRock
P91: CleanTremolo
P92: SweetFaze
P93: HeatFlange
P94: SaucyRock
P95: 80'sR-n-B

AG Multi

P96: AG Stroke
P97: AG Arpeggio
P98: AG Lead
P99: AG NylonStr

Full descriptions of the effects along with audio samples can be found here:
http://www.magicstomp.com/eng_flash...demo/index.html

My personal favourite is P20, MetalDistortion. I don't really play any metal at all, but this distortion still fits with what I generally play, which includes modern rock, indie, and even some blues solos sound jammin with this distortion, especially when teamed up with my Dano Compressor (which I'm not going to review, because it's almost the same at the CS-3 that's already been reviewed, only with less knobs.)

Cost: $425 CD (it's pretty hefty in price but totally worth it).

Style of Music It Fits: Anything. Period.

Why You Like It: The range of customization and knwoing that I can have almost any sound I want is what appeals to me most about this one.

Picture:

That's it for tonight, as it's getting pretty damn late. I'll try to post the rest tomorrow.

Last edited by sonixon : 07-10-2005 at 02:23 AM.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:23 AM   #65
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue

Name: Boss BD-2 Blues Driver

Manufactuer: Boss

Features: It features Level, Gain, and Tone controls. It also offers the option of 9v batteries or a 9v adaptor. Another nice feature is the 5 year warranty you get from Boss.

Cost:
List - $128.50
Street- $79.99

Style of music: Well, the most obvious genre would be the blues. It offers smooth overdriven tone reminiscent of a tube amp. But it can add enough overdrive to suit your needs for a lot of classic rock. Some people don't like the midrange boost you get from this pedal, though.

Why I like it: The main reason i like this pedal is b/c it offers a nice overdriven sound which is great for blues guitar. I'm currently playing through a solid state amp and this pedal is a step closer to the "creamy, in-the-alley overdrive" of a tube amp. This pedal is for those of us that want an Ibanez tube screamer ts 808 but are on a budget.

Hope i helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...

Last edited by TNfootballfan62 : 07-10-2005 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:14 PM   #66
Deeg
UK Chapter

Name of Item

G7th - Capo

Who It Is Made By

G7

Features

Extremley strong capo, but light to move, no hassle, its a one-handed job. Easily clips onto headstock, and is compact so it go go into a guitar case without having to be removed. Works on an extremley simple latch system, which you dont even have to touch, but i can express how lightweight and easy to clip on this thing is.

Cost

Where i work --- 25, around the same at most dealers

Style of Music It Fits

Anythign you'd use a capo for, country, blues, mod rock, acoustic, same use as all capo's

Why You Like It

200 times more easier to use than anything else out there.

Picture

http://www.g7th.com/

Old 08-12-2005, 09:49 PM   #67
ski_bum79
UG Newbie

Location: "I come from under a rock, a rock guitar, that is."
I endorse tht BD-2 Blues Driver, by Boss. It ranges from $70-$100, but it's worth it. It gives a little distordion, and a fatter, fuller sound. If you like Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughn, this pedal is for you!

M. Karkut
Old 10-29-2005, 08:18 PM   #68
leavink

Location: Founder OF the GROVER tuners ROCK club, PM me join. Founder of the 12 string society.
Name : Jim Dunlop Strap Lok

Price : About a buck

Where: usually on the music store's counter with the picks.

What: This is one of the greatest, cheapest, simplist, most effective strap lock out there. It's a little plastic thing that you put over your strap button on top of your strap. At first I was a little hesistant on depending my heavy les paul on a little plastic thing. But after a while I learned to trust it 100%. This thing has never failed on me yet and I trust it completly.
The most attractive thing about it is, you dont need any installation, and it's the price of about 2 picks
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2005, 05:18 AM   #69
xifr
Master of the Penguins

Name of Item: Guitar Port
Who It Is Made By: Line 6
Features: A bunch of amp and effects models, and guitarport online. Plugs straight into your computer.
Cost: $100 at MF
Style of Music It Fits: Everything
Why You Like It: Well I was thinking about getting a PODxt, then I came accross this little guy. I only wanted it for my computer for practicing and recording. It comes with a variety of amp and cab models, though not as many as the POD (though you can upgrade it for the meager sum of $100 ). There are also a bunch of effects, including different reverbs, delays, dist/overdrive/fuzz pedals, a compressor, EQ, phaser, flanger, chorus etc. They sound surprisingly good, while obviously not quite up there with the real things, they do a very good imitation, and make for some very proffessional sounding recording. Though the quality is largely based on your speakers, however you can choose to plug it into the aux of your stereo or headphones. Also each dist pedal sounds different with each amp, allowing for an even greater pallette of tones.

The installation is fairly simple. Something they don't tell you is that when you have installed it, you need to go to edit>preferences>audio and adjust the playback buffers and ASR for best performance. You'll also need to run l6 monkey to update everything.

Guitarport online quite nice. It has heaps of tracks, tones, lessons and such. The lessons are usually of high standard, and run through licks and phrases that give the artist his/her unique style. The tracks include tabs and tones for the song, aswell as versions without guitars.

Other cool features are the tuner and metronome.

Annoying things are that guitarport is used in three places (the box, the software, and guitarport online) so that can cause some confusiong.

I'll update this if anything else comes to mind.
Don't question the X.
Quote:
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Old 11-08-2005, 01:07 PM   #70
aic_rooster
Ion

Name of Item: Big Muff USA Reissue

Who made it: Electro-Harmonix

Features: Volume - of course
Tone - actaully this control should read "Fuzz"
Sustain - "how long would you like that note held for sir...?" i was actually disapointed, the word on the street is that the old sustain type effects could last forever, this goes for a while, but when you bend the string it cuts out quick.

Cost: $70

Why You like it: Smashing pumpkins "siamese dream", Jimi hendrix, anything with a fuzz so thick you could cut it with a knife. Do not buy this stompbox for anything blues, metal, or really even alternative rock. It is not that versatile, but for what it can do, nothing can touch ti.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:47 AM   #71
singlecoiled
UG's koala protector

Name Of Item : Digitech Bad Monkey

Who Made It? Digitech

Features: From left to right, level - bass - treble - gain.
One Input, Two outputs, with Output 1 not having any effect to the sound,
while output two allows the pedal to go straight into the mixing board via
a cabinet modeller

Cost: AU$99

Why I like it? First of, I compared this thing to the likes of a TS7 and SD-1. The SD-1 is undoubtly a leader in the world of boost, with quite a few artist using it. In fact besides the Tubescreamer, the sd-1 is one of the most mainstream pedals in the local melbourne scene. I tried it out, and boy was I dissapointed, wasn't voiced how I would like it, and that singel tone knob made it hard to dial in a sound I desired. Enter the Bad Monkey, priced cheaper than the SD-1, this thing nailed what I wanted through cleans, but lacked a bit compared to the SD-1 as a booster. Ah well, back then I had a SS POS, so I was just to run it through cleans

This Pedal IMO is more versatile than the SD-1 because of it's EQ controls. A bit hard to find Mids when I first got this pedal, but worth it in the end. A very under-rated pedal, but a very well kept secret.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:30 AM   #72
Bobather_909
I cherish you my love

GT8-Boss, if you are going to spend big money on some gear, splash out on the GT8, it suits any style of music you can think of. It allows you to link up two amps in a variety of ways, play a nice quiet intro and send it to a clean amp, then when you kick into the song and sturm a little harder, the GT8 will automatically switch to the other amp, with as much distortion as you like. I opened this on christmas day and annoyed the neighbours for hours. I don't think I will need any more effects, ever. My friend had the GT6 for years, he was finding new things everyday, this is the GT8 with extra features and new technology.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:06 AM   #73
tombo32
My name is Tom

Name of Item: DiMarzio Cliplock Srap
Who It Is Made By: DiMarzio
Features: The DiMarzio Cliplock Strap is a strap that clips on to two tags that are drilled into where the strap pins would usually go, so its never going to fall off (unless you unclip it)
Cost: Around $40AUD or $30USD
Style of Music It Fits: N/A
Why You Like It: I like them because they are the most comfortable strap I have ever tried, and the guitar can't fall off of them. And they also come in heaps of different colours. DiMarzio Cliplock straps pwn
Picture:
Old 01-08-2006, 10:12 PM   #74
radiofight202
JHSRVJM

Menatone Howie
Menatone
volume, boost, mid, bass, treble, gain
bypass and boost switch
about $225 street
Blues

I borrowed this pedal from a friend who raves about it. The "Howie" was made to transform your tone into the tone of a dumble overdrive special. These amps can cost up to $10,000 and are basicly impossible to acquire. Artists that use dumble amps incluse larry carlton, robben ford, and john mayer. The pedal creates the dumble tone, an extremely smooth overdriven tube sound perfect for blues.

picture:
http://www.stevesmusiccenter.com/MenatoneHowieBig.jpg

sound sample:
http://www.musictoyz.com/network/mena-howie_pop.html
vox wah
ibanez ts9
menatone howie
boss dd6
fender 65 twin
Old 01-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #75
jfbrown42
Not a n00b any more!

Name of Item: Metal Master
Who It Is Made By: Arion
Features: "Direct" and "Soft" distortion, Level, Low, High and Dist knobs, stereo output
Cost: $20 at Musician's Friend (very inexpensive)
Style of Music It Fits: Rock, Metal
Why I Like It: Inexpensive pedal, good for practice amp

I bought this because I wanted something that would give me distortion and more bass in my Stratocaster (single coil bridge p/u) into my practice amp. I bought it about 15 years ago when I was young and broke. I have to say it's done everything I bought it for. It looks like cheap plastic, but it's held up surprisingly well considering all the abuse it's taken.

Probably my favorite feature are the LOW and HIGH knobs. Much better at getting the sound you want than a "tone" control!

All that said, I like the distortion channel in my Peavey Renown amp better than using this pedal through the clean channel.

I recently played it on a gig though a Fender Twin Reverb and I hated the sound (the Twin doesn't have distortion at low volume, but it's got a great clean sound) -- the Fender Twin really lets you hear the pedal, and it doesn't sound that good through a big, clean amp.

If someone stole it, would I buy it again? No, I have more cash now, so I'd probably buy a Tube Screamer, a Blues Driver or an MT-2.

If you want an inexpensive distortion pedal for your practice amp, it's a good choice. If you want to play live gigs with a stage amp, go elsewhere.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #76
JayJayE

Name: RAT 2 (80's model)

Who It Is Made By: ProCo USA

Features: Three Knobs (Distortion, Filter, Volume), Footswitch, In and Out jack, 9v
AC power pack, Red Led, Glow in the dark paint.

Cost: 5000 yen (50 bucks) second-hand (the way to go, the new ones are crap). New about 11000 yen (100 or so bucks)

Style of Music It Fits: Everything except over the top metal (and even then its OK). Sounds especially good for alternative or indie rock. SIngle coils sound great.

Why You Like It: Save for a real overdriven tube amp, it is simply the best distortion pedal I've ever heard or used (the Boss DS-1 comes close). However, despite having three knobs though, it isn't easy to use and getting the most out of it takes some tweaking. The filter is especailly confusing at first, since it works the "opposite" way to a tone knob on most pedals (0 is bright, 10 in dull). If you like pedal you just plug in and play, the RAT 2 isn't for you.

The variety of tones out of this simple black box is amazing. At low distortion level you get a nice clean "grit" and at half way a very chunky heavy crunch sound. Over half it begins to sound like a Fuzz pedal (even though it technicaully isn't). This pedal also sound great on a bass, on a low setting for a little extra "grit" (Tool's bass player uses one for this reason). IMO the filter is best over 50% since the distortion can be a bit bright and harsh under that. However you can get some pretty fat sounds by playing round with the "filter" knob but it takes a while.

I absolutely love this pedal but it lacks a little bass (I put a Boss EQ after it to try to fix this). I hear the Keeney "mighty mouse" mod for it is great and am thinking about sending mine in.

Again mine is an older one, the newer ones sound a bit thin to me. You can tell because the older ones have "chunky" knobs. If mine was damaged or stolen I would be really mad, and would hunt for another "old" one. If I couldn't find one, I'd setting on a "new" one and send it to Keenley to get modded. After that, I would hunt down the person who damaged/stole it and kick the living ****e out of them.

Some artists who use this pedal include Graham Coxon (Blur) and Blurs bass player (can't think of his name right now), Ed O'Brian and Thom Yorke (Radiohead), Paul Banks (Interpol), Peter Holmstom (the Dandy Warhols), David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) and Justin Chancellor (Tool).

Last edited by JayJayE : 01-12-2006 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:28 PM   #77
S1dewinder
Bass Guru

Name of Item - Earthwood Rock and Blues Acoustic strings
Who It Is Made By - Ernie Ball
Features - Thin strings, amazing sound.
Cost - About $5
Style of Music It Fits - Acoustic rock and Blues
Why You Like It - Thin strings, bend a ton without breaking, and they made my guitar sound so much better than it already did. I have these on a Hohner HW300 acoustic guitar (a beginner guitar) and the guitar sounds incredible.
Picture -
Old 01-24-2006, 04:21 AM   #78
xifr
Master of the Penguins

Zoom G2

Features: Multi Effects Unit With Amp Models
Cost: $100 US
Style of Music It Fits: Most things

I needed some effects (Harmonizer, Delay, Flanger, Phaser, Chorus, Autowah), and it has them and does a pretty good job of them. I'll go through all the effects and how good they are:

Compressor: Gets the job done, minimal colouration of tone, not too noisy.

Auto Wah: Sounds decent, but gets a bit shrill if you set the sensitivity too high
Auto Resonance: Similiar to Auto Wah
Booster: Completely changes tone, for the worse IMO. It doesn't just raise the db as a good booster should.
Tremolo: Versatile tremolo with different wave options.
Phaser: Pretty good. Takes some fiddling to get a good sound, and isn't as good as a dedicated phaser. Has 4 colouring options, but they are very different, and there's no way to mix them, so it's not too versatile.
Ring Modulator: Medicore. Supposed to sound 'metallic,' it only sounds digital.
Slow Attack: You get a far better effect using a volume pedal. The annoying thing is you can still hear your pick attack, which ruins the effect.
Pedal VX (wah): I don't have an expression pedal to try it properly, but I did a little test with the knob and it seems to be very weak with a small range.
Pedal Baby: Same as above.

Noise Reduction: Not very adjustable, you can only adjust the threshold between 1-16.

Drive: Sounds crap through an amp. I'll do some recording straight into my computer and post them up to see what it sounds like that way.

EQ: 6 Bands: 160Hz, 400Hz, 800Hz, 3.2kHz, 6.4kHz, 12kHz. +-12 adjustion.

Chorus: Relatively good. Not as good as some stand alone chorus', but quite good and adjustable.
Flanger: Not too bad. It's not too versatile, but sounds decent.
Pitch Shifter: Double your pitch with one that you choose. Goes from -octave to +2 octaves.
Pedal Pitch: Needs expression pedal.
Vibrato: Sounds decent, though it's hard to get a good subtle sound.
Step: Friggen weird.
Dynamic Flanger: Similiar to the other Flanger, but changes volume depending on pick attack, in similiar fashion to an Auto Wah. IMO this feature makes this flanger sound a bit better than the other one, as you can set it on negative values so that you can play a chord and you don't get massive flanging, but then you can do some palm muting and you get some nice flanging.
Mono Pitch Shifter: Similiar to the pitch shifter, but only works with one note playing at a time.
Harmonized Pitch Shifter: Diatonic. A fairly good unit considering the rarity of Diatonic Harmonizer before racks. Sounds quite nice and has quite good tracking aswell. The only problem is it sounds weird when trem picking due to it picking up the picking noise and harmonizing that too .

Delay: Sounds thin.
Ping Pong Delay: Same as above, but with 2 amps you can make a ping pong effect.
Echo: Much better than the delay. Far warmer and doesn't sound as thin and crappy when picking up distortion as the other delay does.

Reverb: I havn't tried it due to having a perfectly good spring reverb on my amp. I may later on.

Other Comments:
A good unit for the price. This really needs to go in an effects loop or it sounds crap.
Even though it has '96kHz Sampling,' it still does change tone, quite a bit. Even when all the effect modules are deselected.
I'm making a true bypass looper due to the above reason, and the fact that the off switch is at the back. While the off switch is not a true bypass, it's better than just switching the effects off.

Overall, it's a good effects unit for the price. It will keep me occupied until I can afford a rackmount.

*To be edited with link to recording*
Don't question the X.
Quote:
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Old 02-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #79
roast
UG Addict

Bla-bla-bla

I couldnt help it, i saw that Xifir had posted the Zoom G", but i must go one further.....the zoom G2.1u. This is basically the same as the G2, but it has a nice expression pedal as well. This can be used to control the amount of distortion on your patch, the delay, reverb, the flanger, and it can be used as a wah pedal. Its extremely easy to use, and very durable.
Another handy feature of this pedal over the G2 is that it has a USB connection, and when connected to a computer, it can be used as an audio interface. The sound quality is excellent, and the reason why i like this pedal so much is because it has the owrlds fastest patch change....5 milliseconds! No more delays like the Boss pedals (which i love so much).
Free with the pedal comes Cubase LE, a cut-down version of SX, but still works soooo well. Up to 24 tracks, stero, and with ASIO monititoring functions. Just make sure your compuetr is fast.

I highly recommend anyone whos staring into the world of recording should get this little beauty. Hell, if it can make my ****ty replica strat sound like a Gretcsh white falcon, then i dont think anyone should complain!

Price: ?161---approx $200
the g21u runs on either batteries, a power adaptor, or from a USB port. I dont recommend the latter as it can cause the signal to the computer to go slow. The power adaptor costs ?8, which is about $11.

Rating:10/10...cubase le is so handy......
Peace out...
Attached Images

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
J&D 5-String
Hartke HA3500 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Custom-built maple Strat
J&D 7-String electric
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Old 03-12-2006, 12:57 AM   #80
tombo32
My name is Tom

Name of Item:
Behringer Hell Babe Wah (HB01)

Who It Is Made By:
Behringer

Features:
Optical sensor control
Boost switch
Range control knob
Spring back pedal mechanism (can be removed)
Boost control
Q control
Fine Tune control
Dual LED indicators

I have also read that it is a copy of the Dimebag signature Crybaby

Cost:
$70AUD

Style of Music It Fits:
Rock, funk & blues mostly. Possibly for metal.

Why You Like It:
I dont. The construction isn't sturdy (the metal bar in the side comes out while I'm using it), I dont like the sound of it and it doesn't have very good sweep.
But I do like the optical sensor control and the spring back mechanism.

Picture:

Last edited by tombo32 : 01-17-2007 at 09:05 PM.

Rate This Thread: