Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-17-2009, 09:50 AM   #461
marantz1300

My custom 1974 100.Fantastic amp.

Last edited by marantz1300 : 01-17-2009 at 09:53 AM.
marantz1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #462
The Bradley

Does anyone know what the value of my amp is? It's a Standel C12R I think its a from 1968 but I'm not sure on the age. Everything on it is original except I had to add a ground to it so it would stop shocking me when my mouth touched the mic.
The Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #463
Jango22
We'll miss you, Heaven

Anyone know much about the Crate VC series? The guy I bought my VC2112RB from said he got it in the 80s, so I figured it would go here.
Pod HD300
Jango22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #464
Pencil Man
UG's Only Hip Pencil

I've got a Marshall JCM 800 2205 from '85, and I was surprised to see a 2210 (a 100w vesion of the 2205) in the vintage section of Guitar Center one day. So, I guess I've got a vintage amp.

I also have a Fender Blues Deville from '93ish that might count as vintage, since they now have a reissue of it.

edit: Dude! Nice Hi-Watt. My dream amp right now is probably either a Plexi copy or a Jimi Hendrix sig Marshall JTM.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.

Last edited by Pencil Man : 07-16-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Pencil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #465
katnookcs
katnookcs

Newbie here.
Since I was in need of a new project and wanted to attempt something a little different, I decided to buy a Bluesbreaker reissue and mos it back to original (as original as I want anyway) and thought I would post here for any suggestions, as I am about to begin.

Currently I have:
1989 reissue amp
2 Celestion blue speakers
complete sets of Sozo caps (with variables for experimentation)
multiple tube variations including 2 sets of KT66s (GEC NOS, being one set)
Correct dimensioned cab from Mojo
correct OP Txfrmr and I/P choke from Mercury
Weber copper cap GZ34 replacement (again for experimentation)
Various forum mods and suggestions on this operation.

If anyone has any suggestions, or site links, it would be greatly appreciated.
katnookcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #466
Rutch
Solder sniffer

Ooh, I haven't run into to this thread before! *stickied*

Here's a few pics of my 1964 (1965?) Fender Bandmaster blackface:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ_Blanchard
Thank you for all the great help. I also love you in very homosexual way

It's good to be loved...

Spam! Buy/sell/trade from/to/with me! (Updated 01-22-10!)
Rutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #467
al112987
UG's Shooter McGavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnookcs
Newbie here.
Since I was in need of a new project and wanted to attempt something a little different, I decided to buy a Bluesbreaker reissue and mos it back to original (as original as I want anyway) and thought I would post here for any suggestions, as I am about to begin.

Currently I have:
1989 reissue amp
2 Celestion blue speakers
complete sets of Sozo caps (with variables for experimentation)
multiple tube variations including 2 sets of KT66s (GEC NOS, being one set)
Correct dimensioned cab from Mojo
correct OP Txfrmr and I/P choke from Mercury
Weber copper cap GZ34 replacement (again for experimentation)
Various forum mods and suggestions on this operation.

If anyone has any suggestions, or site links, it would be greatly appreciated.
Make sure that the chassis has space for KT66s. I have heard of some Marshall reissues not having enough room to fit them. It sounds like you have most of it covered, I've played a few different OTs in several clone amps and the ones I like best is Metroamp's Drake 784-103 clone and Marstran's Radiospares clone. Two different sounds though, I have not heard a MM OT in a JTM45 though so I can't really say how that sounds but I've heard that MMs tend to have a cleaner, more modern tone. I also would go ahead and replace the entire board with a PTP board. 2nd thing I would mention... I think the two Celestion blues are risky. Your typical JTM45/Bluesbreaker is "30 watts" but it's going to be putting out about ~55 watts at full tilt, even more if you are using that copper cap. I've asked Jim at Scumback speakers about this and he insists that several people have blown out even 25 watt greenbacks w/ solid state rectified JTM45s

Last edited by al112987 : 10-21-2009 at 03:59 PM.
al112987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:02 PM   #468
katnookcs
katnookcs

Thanks for replying.
The Mojo cab is the original spec for the Bluesbreaker (Dimensions: Chassis Cut-Out 16 1/2 - (H) 23" x (W) 32" x (D) 10 1/2"), so will accommodate the KT66s.
The OT transformer is sold by MM, but in fact is the RS (original) with multi-tap configurable outputs (cool), especially as you can alter primary Z also.
I forgot to mention newer acquired filter cap cans, of 32+32uf and 16uf+16uf.
Whilst I have built several PTP boards, I think that a well constructed PCB is just as good, but have not stripped the amp as yet, so I will see then.
I have considered the speaker issue and am not too sure about that side of it as yet.
I do have a Weber MASS 200, for my initial trials...so we'll see, I guess.

This is the sort post I was after, just to check that I have the concept right at least and to possibly learn some things I may wish to try as part of the mod.
Thanks again.

Last edited by katnookcs : 10-21-2009 at 04:11 PM.
katnookcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:24 PM   #469
al112987
UG's Shooter McGavin

No problem, everything looks good to me minus the speaker thing, but if you have an attenuator, you can get away with 2 blues. It's worth mentioning that you might want to consider pre-forming the filter caps as well as these amps tend to have some problems with ghosting.

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic...a&hilit=forming

Big reason is that you don't know how long those caps were sitting on the shelf before you bought them, I re-capped my JTM45 with "new" filter caps and had major ghosting issues.

Last edited by al112987 : 10-21-2009 at 04:26 PM.
al112987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:39 AM   #470
SwampAshSpecial
UG's PRS Guru

OK, sorry to did this thread up, but I've found a deal on a 1979 Marshall Super Lead - what can you tell me about this amp? What are the front panel controls? How much would you pay for it? It has been re-tolexed, so the tolex in in perfect condition.

EDIT:
Mk2 model if that means anything to anyone?
Old 01-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #471
wozzsta
Why are you reading this?

how much would a VOX q series lead 100 be worth, its from the 80s i think. it still has its orignal FANE speaker. its in pretty good condition apart from some of the knobs are kinda damaged but that can be fixed with just geting a few new ones.
NS-2 X Config
Krank Rev Jr 20w
Krank 1x12

Tone heaven!!!
wozzsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #472
ValveJones

Studiomaster Valve Leadmaster a.k.a. VLM

60 watt tube 1x12 combo

Valve Leadmaster page

I bought one of these used back when it was not so "vintage". It's been sitting around unused for a long while now so I'm thinking about selling it. I'm looking for ideas about where and how to sell this very rare amp. Most people have never even heard of these things. It was made in the early 80s by the same Studiomaster that makes the mixing desks. This is a sweet amp. I'd like to see it go to a good home (and hopefully get a decent price). Any feedback that's not snarky would be much appreciated.

Last edited by ValveJones : 03-20-2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Incomplete post
ValveJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:06 AM   #473
Sharkboyyy!

I have a question for you folks into vintage gear. I'm stumped.

Alright, so a friend of mine was recently given two 2x15 cabs. According to him, some older fellow gave him both cabs and only said that they were "speakers from the 70s." There is no distinguishable information whatsoever outside of the following logo and the model number "95161" (which returns nothing when Googled alongside any sort of musical terms).

The logo might be something commonly known, in which case, I feel like an idiot, but with no words to go off of and having never seen it before, I'm stumped.

Also, he is unsure of whether they are bass or guitar cabs. He said he tried both through them, and though one would assume them to be made for bass, he said that guitar sounded quite a bit better. Another tidbit of information was that apparently they are not supposed to be pushed past 70 watts. They are both made to run at 8 OHMs.

If anyone could help me out with identifying these and possibly even valuing them, it'd be a huge help. My band's other guitarist and I are considering purchasing them if it turns out to be worth it.

Thanks!
Sharkboyyy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #474
Blahman179

I had an old '65 Gemini I amp, apparently not too common, since they specialize in bass amps.

Really nice, sounded spectacular, reverb and tremolo, had to sell it off though, even if it is once a year $250 for a new set of tube is too much for me.

Sold it off for $200, (the upholstery was gone, had knicks in the wood and rips in the grill cloth, otherwise I would've sold it for more,) for a Vox hybrid, only 1 tube to look after.

Up until that point, it was probably the best piece of gear I've ever owned.

Epiphone Les Paul Special 1 with P90 pickups; swapped neck out for a Peavey Raptor Plus.

Alvarez Dreadnaught RD6

Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Blahman179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #475
gregs1020
Hi mom!

vintage amp goodness. old supro.

G&L asat classic tribute, completely original no modifications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97W...leUonKo5dtLYNfw

if i've ever aspired for anything...
gregs1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: