Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-20-2008, 03:24 AM   #21
Erock503
Gear \m/hore

Location: NJ member - Mark Series Brotherhood - UG gain \m/hores - UG 7 String Legion
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmolteratx
Yea, they have gotten a little better in recent years but I still love JJ tubes better than any other current production tube. They sound so good. But yea, I don't even remember where I heard that, it might have been hugeracksinc.com but I don't know.

ahh, maybe their rack stuff had a rep then, I have no idea about that, never been a rack guy. I like the sound of JJ's in certain amps for sure, but I've seen a lot of issues with them lately on different forums. I know of at least one well known amp maker that stopped using certain models of JJ in their amps because of unreliability. I have a couple good friends I talk with quite a bit that have had a lot of problems with JJ's going bad this year. I've also personally had 2 bad JJ powertubes and a pretube in the last 6mo, all of them were less than a couple months old with very few hours. I was recently told that the JJ pins are under spec, so they can cause arcs in loose sockets. Don't know if the under spec part is true, but I'm not having much faith in the JJ's these days as far as reliability.

Last edited by Erock503 : 09-20-2008 at 03:35 AM.
Erock503 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: