Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-20-2015, 07:22 AM   #1
supershedseven

Boss RC-3 Loop station or something similar help!!

Hi guys

I play in a band and considering using pre-recorded vocal sample for the start and the end of about 3-4 songs.

I am told an RC-3 loop station has the ability to pre-record the vocal sample (couple taken from lines in movies), and you can connect the pedal to your pedal board and just punch them in and out from the RC-3 when you want them to play?

Is this correct? It seems like the best way for us to do this, and we can just run it from our feet. Thoughts? or is there a simple more cheaper version that could do this, considering it will only be for about 3-4 songs each night in our set of 25.

Thanks guys
Sheddy
supershedseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:06 AM   #2
gillmanjr

I have the RC-3 and use it for guitar, the only problem you might have is switching between pre-recorded tracks while on stage. You can't do it with your feet.

Also I have never recorded vocals on mine but I don't see why you couldn't use it for that purpose. You can connect the RC-3 to a computer with USB and load .wav files directly onto it. Or you can just record the vocals into it. It should work fine.

I don't know of any cheaper or easier alternative that allows you to store recordings in a bank.

Last edited by gillmanjr : 06-20-2015 at 09:07 AM.
gillmanjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:49 AM   #3
supershedseven

Is it a case of going down and pressing a couple of buttons?? I could do that as they are just at the start and end of a song.

I just watched a guy on facebook do it with pre-recorded clip from a movie which he played through his guitar amp using RC-1, but RC-1 cant hold multiple pre-recorded tracks as far as I was aware, only the RC-3 has this??
supershedseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:53 PM   #4
gillmanjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershedseven
Is it a case of going down and pressing a couple of buttons?? I could do that as they are just at the start and end of a song.

I just watched a guy on facebook do it with pre-recorded clip from a movie which he played through his guitar amp using RC-1, but RC-1 cant hold multiple pre-recorded tracks as far as I was aware, only the RC-3 has this??

Yes you have to press the little up and down arrow buttons to change from track to track. The foot pedal only starts/stops/records.

So if you have different pre-recorded tracks that you want to play on the same song, you will have to press the button during the song. If that isn't a big deal for you than go for it.
gillmanjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: