Acoustic punk minstrel Frank Turner
tested his extreme knowledge of Iron Maiden
on the ultimate British quiz show this week.
He went on to win the contest by answering the questions below on Mastermind, which is known as the most difficult quiz show in the country. In the show, contestants take part in a specialist subject of their choice, and are given difficult questions to test their knowledge. "I want that trophy. I want it real bad,"
he said during the recording. Upon winning the trophy and raising a cash prize for a homeless charity, Turner said: "It's been on my bucket list to be on Mastermind since I was a kid. I'm very very proud to be on it."
So who can do better that Frank? Test yourselves at these questions, with the answers below. Go!
Iron Maiden Questions:
1. Iron Maiden was founded by Steve Harris
on which day in 1975?
2. Who was the original lead singer, replaced by Dennis Wilcock
3. In August 2010 Iron Maiden released their 15th studio album. What was it called?
4. Iron Maiden left Sanctuary Records in 2006. What was the name of the new company they joined, run by their manager, Rod Smallwood
5. What was the nickname of Barry Graham Purkis
, the drummer who briefly appeared with the band in 1977?
6. On what tour in 2008 did lead singer Bruce Dickinson
first pilot the band and their entourage in a Boeing 757 named Ed Force One?
7. Which best-of album, released in 2002, includes the track "The Wicker Man
," inspired by the cult horror film?
8. What is the title of the 2009 feature-length documentary and live album recorded during the Somewhere Back in Time
9. The band's longest single to date, "The Ryme of the Ancient Mariner
," is on which 1984 album?
10. The chart-topping 1988 album "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
" was inspired by a book by which American science fiction writer?
11. Which song, said to be the first by Steve Harris, was used as the B-side of the "Running Free
" single in 1980?
12. On the Final Frontier
tour of 2010-11, what did the band's mascot Eddie appear as during the song Iron Maiden?
13. Bruce Dickinson and Adrian Smith
returned to the band on 11 July 1999 in a concert at which venue in St John, New Brunswick?
Don't look down until you answer all the questions!
Here're the answers:
1. Christmas Day
2. Paul Day
3. "The Final Frontier
4. Phantom Music Management (Turner passed)
6. Somewhere Back in Time
7. Edward the Great
8. Flight 666
(Turner was incorrect)
10. Orson Scott Card
11. "Burning Ambition
" (Turner was incorrect)
12. An alien mutant (Turner passed)
13. Harbour Station (Turner was incorrect)
How did you do? Let us know in the comments, or test your friends by hitting the Facebook 'Like' button below.