The line-up of Dave Grohl's latest supergroup, the Sound City Players, has been revealed.
According to NME, the band’s all star line-up will comprise Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks, Nirvana's Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear, Creedence Clearwater Revival's John Fogerty, Foo Fighters' Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel and Chris Shiflett, Alain Johannes, Chris Goss, Cheap Trick's Rick Nielsen, Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk and more.
The band are performing at this year’s Sundance Film Festival
and is comprised of musicians that featured in Grohl’s documentary on Sound City studios. Grohl’s film will premiere at Sundance.
A soundtrack to the film, titled "Sound City - Real To Reel", will be released on March 12th via Grohl’s own Roswell Records label:
"Sound City – Real To Reel" tracklisting:
01. Robert Levon Been, Dave Grohl, Peter Hayes – "Heaven And All"
02. Chris Goss, Tim Commerford, Dave Grohl, Brad Wilk – "Time Slowing Down"
03. Stevie Nicks, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Rami Jaffee – "You Can't Fix This"
04. Rick Springfield, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear – "The Man That Never Was"
04. Lee Ving, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Alain Johannes, Pat Smear – "Your Wife Is Calling"
06. Corey Taylor, Dave Grohl, Rick Nielsen, Scott Reeder – "From Can To Can't"
07. Joshua Homme, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, Alain Johannes – "Centipede"
08. Alain Johannes, Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme – "A Trick With No Sleeve"
09. Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, Pat Smear – "Cut Me Some Slack"
10. Dave Grohl, Jessy Greene, Rami Jaffee, Jim Keltner – "If I Were Me"
11. Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme, Trent Reznor – "Mantra"