and Clive Davis
, Chief Creative Officer of Sony Music Entertainment, collaborated on the brand new concept album, Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics Of All Time
, arriving in stores September 21st on Arista Records.
The album was co-produced by Carlos Santana and Clive Davis with tracks produced by Matt Serletic
and Howard Benson
01. Little Wing (feat. Joe Cocker)
02. Sunshine of Your Love (feat. Rob Thomas)
03. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (feat. India.Arie & Yo-Yo Ma)
04. Can't You Hear Me Knocking (feat. Scott Weiland)
05. Back in Black (feat. Nas)
06. Dance the Night Away (feat. Pat Monahan)
07. Whole Lotta Love (feat. Chris Cornell)
08. Riders on the Storm (feat. Chester Bennington & Ray Manzarek)
09. Smoke on the Water (feat. Jacoby Shaddix)
10. Fortunate Son (feat. Scott Stapp)
11. I Ain't Superstitious (feat. Jonny Lang)
12. Photograph (feat. Chris Daughtry)
13. Bang a Gong (feat. Gavin Rossdale)
A very special dedication to George Harrison
comes together on Guitar Heaven, with "While My Guitar Gently Weeps
," featuring singer India.Arie and master cellist Yo-Yo Ma. "Listening to the song,
" Olivia Harrison
told Carlos, "it made me jump for joy and cry at the same time.
Along with these stars, Carlos offers "supreme validation and compliment
" to his full-time band for their work on Guitar Heaven, their first entire full-length studio album recording together. Band members who join him on the album include Dennis Chambers (drums), Benny Rietveld (bass), Karl Perrazo (timbales), Tommy Anthony (rhythm guitar), Freddie Ravel (keyboards), Andy Vargas (background vocals), and Raul Rekow (Congas). Bill Ortiz (trumpet) and Jeff Cressman (trombone) also appear on the record.
"To create these songs,
" said Carlos, "it took an incredible amount of trust from Matt Serletic, and from Howard Benson, and all these incredible singers, all these incredible musicians, they had to trust me, and I trusted Clive, so it's a chain reaction of love, because that's the highest form of love that there is on this planet: Trust.
"The cuts are special and the guest stars are special,
" said Clive Davis. "But what is unique and why this album stands for more than just the individual songs or titles, is that they were indeed chosen because they're guitar classics. And they celebrate the guitar because of the performance of Carlos Santana.
Thanks for the report to Santana.com