The erstwhile Foo Fighter will premiere his documentary about the legendary Los Angeles recording studio at Sundance in January, and as previously reported, the artists testifying to the studio's greatness is impressive. Equally impressive is the tracklist for the accompanying "Sound City Real To Reel".
Grohl is joined on the album by Trent Reznor, Queens Of The Stone Age's Josh Homme, Alain Johannes, Rick Springfield, and members of Foo Fighters and Rage Against The Machine.
Most notably, the song performed by Paul McCartney and the surviving members of Nirvana at the 12.12.12 benefit concert, "Cut Me Some Slack", is included (and is available now, as a single).
Closing track "Mantra" features Grohl, Reznor, and Homme; the three have all contributed to the forthcoming Queens Of The Stone Age album.
The soundtrack is due out March 12 via Grohl's own Roswell Records.
The Sound City film is set to premiere at Sundance Film Festival, followed by a digital release on February 1st.
"Sound City Real To Reel" tracklisting:
01. Robert Levon Been, Dave Grohl, Peter Hayes "Heaven And All"
02. Chris Goss, Tim Commerford, Dave Grohl, Brad Wilk "Time Slowing Down"
03. Stevie Nicks, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Rami Jaffee "You Can't Fix This"
04. Rick Springfield, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear "The Man That Never Was"
04. Lee Ving, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Alain Johannes, Pat Smear "Your Wife Is Calling"
06. Corey Taylor, Dave Grohl, Rick Nielsen, Scott Reeder "From Can To Can't"
07. Joshua Homme, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, Alain Johannes "Centipede"
08. Alain Johannes, Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme "A Trick With No Sleeve"
09. Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, Pat Smear "Cut Me Some Slack"
10. Dave Grohl, Jessy Greene, Rami Jaffee, Jim Keltner "If I Were Me"
11. Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme, Trent Reznor "Mantra"