Tool has announced new tour dates for the first time in 2 years. A post on the band's official website
revealed five US dates planned for March 2014.
The post reads: "THE FOLLOWING TOOL SHOWS HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED, WITH TICKETS GOING ON SALE ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 24 (for Portland, Eugene and San Francisco) and on SATURDAY, JANUARY 25 for Spokane and Reno."
03/04 - Spokane, WA - Spokane Arena
03/06 - Portland, OR - MODA CENTER
03/07 - Eugene, OR - Matthew Knight Arena
03/09 - Reno, NV - Reno Event Center
03/11 - San Francisco, CA - Bill Graham Civic
The group has also announced that fans will be able to buy VIP tickets to these shows. Those tickets entitle fans to:
- One (1) VIP ticket for admission to concert show
- Entry for one (1) to the VIP area in the venue
- Access for one (1) to sound check with members of Tool
- Q+A session with Adam Jones
- Exclusive merchandise pack including: an exclusive Tool tour t-shirt; poster; VIP laminate; bag of goodies.
There is no word yet on whether the dates will coincide with new material from the band. Tool's last album, "10,000 Days
," was released in 2006.