Ozzy Injured In House Fire

artist: ozzy osbourne date: 01/18/2013 category: wtf?
I like this
1350
voted: 63
Ozzy Injured In House Fire
Ozzy Osbourne has been injured in a fire at his family home yesterday morning (January 17). His wife Sharon left an oil candle burning overnight, but it exploded in its vase and set their living room alight. Ozzy, who already has a cast on his hand following an operation the day before, tried to fight the blaze but lost his eyebrows, half his hair, and was left bleeding from his cast. Sharon spoke on CBS all about their lucky escape, and how everything they did accidentally made the fire worse (via Blabbermouth): "At five o' clock [in the morning], I heard a noise like metal had fallen. I thought it was my housekeeper coming in and she had dropped her keys on the tiles, that's what it sounded like, so I didn't pay any attention. A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up. Then my dog started to bark. I go downstairs and the whole living room [was on fire]. The candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass and the candle exploding." "My husband had an operation on his hand yesterday so he's in a complete cast... He comes down and goes, 'Oh, the fire, the fire!' [and tries to put it out] with his hand in the cast. Then he opens the French doors and I go into the kitchen and throw water on it and it erupted. "It was like 'The Three Stooges'. Everything you are not meant to do - go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on - we did it all. "I apologize to my husband because he put himself out. He made his hand worse, it started to bleed, the whole nine yards, and I'm sorry and I love you and I will never light a candle again. "I want to say to everyone out there: please, please check your candles before you go to bed." It's not the first time the Osbournes have had a fire in their home. In 2005 their mansion in England set alight. Thankfully none was injured, but Ozzy, Sharon and two members of staff were treated for smoke inhalation. Meanwhile, Skrillex almost had a fiery accident of his own when he was blowing out birthday candles this week. An onlooker noticed his long hair catching aflame, as captured on camera:
Fires can be safe as long as you take simple precautions. Don't overlook them, as Sharon Osbourne did - today's headline could have been much worse.
More ozzy osbourne news:
+ Ozzy Osbourne Accidentally Enters Stranger's Car, Takes a While to Realize Entertainment 09/12/2014
+ Ozzy Osbourne: 'I'm Forever in Debt to Robin Williams' General Music News 08/13/2014
+ Ozzy Osbourne Knighthood Petition Crosses 21,000 Signatures Goal General Music News 08/01/2014
+ Ozzy Osbourne's 'Mystery' Cover Unraveled as Best-Of Compilation 'Memoirs of a Madman' General Music News 07/24/2014
+ Ozzy Osbourne Unveiling Cover Art for Mystery Project General Music News 07/23/2014
+ Ozzy Osbourne to Voice Punk Rock Fish in Children's Show 'Bubble Guppies' Entertainment 06/18/2014
+ view all
Comments
Your captcha is incorrect