Malaga Review

6.8
review (1) pictures (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Malaga Reviewed by: wooki97, on may 17, 2010

Purchased from: Malaysia

Features: * Made in Spain * Cutaway * Up to 19 frets. * Top: Solid cedar * Back & Sides: Sapelli * Fingerboard: Mongoy * Neck: African Mahogany * Machine Heads: Nickel * Shadow's Nanoflex pickups 3 way * Varnish Glossy finish * No Tuner 9 out of 10. wish it comes with a tuner. // 9

Sound: Admira's malaga suits my style very well. This is my 3rd classical guitar and I love it the best. Simply because it sounds superior compared to other guitars. With the cutaway, I can now play higher fret songs without restrictions. The tones are warm and even in volume on all strings. Neck is solid and feel smooth to play. When you strum a chord, the body resounds and you can feel the vibration. A little costly but well worth it. 10 out of 10. I have not tried the shadow pickup much as I play unplug. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: No flaws at all. The finish is tip tops. Varnish gave it a new glossy look. Pickup in place. The guitar was in the shop for 2 years before I finally bought it. Many people have played it but the guitar seems brand new. When I bought it, I had it restrung. I did not find anything loose or broken. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar hasn't been tested in durability yet as it is relatively new. Less than a year. I have no problems so far. I paid 3 times more than my regular guitar so I am keeping my fingers cross that it will last 3 times longer. The strap buttons are solid. I would use this guitar without a backup. It feels natural to me. The finish looks like it can stand many years of light abuse : ) // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar suits my style. Classical, spanish. Tarrgea, bach. Etc... I have been playing for 15 years. Last 10 playing classical. I own. Other classical guitar. Yamaha(indonesia) and Kapok (china) if it was stolen I would definitely buy it again. The guitar sounds great. The body resonates, vibrates slighty. Tones is warm and sound volume is balanced on all strings. I wish it had a tuner. // 9

More Admira reviews rating category latest review
+ Capricho 7.3 Acoustic Guitars 02/20/2006