AW30CE Review

manufacturer: Aria date: 04/01/2006 category: Acoustic Guitars
Aria: AW30CE
Spruce top, mahogany back & sides, mahogany neck, Rosewood fingerboard, PZP-3 piezo pickups, AEQ 5 band EQ controls, rosewood bridge, chrome hardware.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.5
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.5
reviews (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
AW30CE Reviewed by: Trunx, on april 01, 2006

Purchased from: Friend

Features: This guitar was made in USA. It's got 21 frets, and it's a mahogany neck, back and sides. The neck is quite thin, which I don't like. This guitar's quite big. The pickups: PZP-3 piezo and the controls: AEQ 5 band EQ. I've heard that there are some accessories that come with this, but since I bought this from my friend, I didn't get anything else. // 7

Sound: I play allmost everything except heavy rock. It fits rock well, but not really classical or blues. I haven't used this one with an amp a lot, because I broke the cable. It's quite noisy. The sound isn't very bright (too bad). It can make a large variety of sounds, and I'm happy with that. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought this from my friend, and though he barely used it, it had a few dents and schratches. He says that there was a loose tuning peg, but he got it fixed. Otherwise it's in perfect shape. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I'm sure that this'll withstand live playing, though I haven't done it. Though I would use a backup just in case. I haven't used this a lot, but I've seen other ones that have lasted for years. The strap buttons aren't as solid as I'd wish, so I sit when I play this. // 9

Overall Impression: I play allmost every kind of music except heavy rock. It fits light rock well, but when I try anything else, this sounds crappy. If this would be stolen, I get something else, because I'd like a change. I compared this to some Yamahas, and I think they're better. I just wish that this would be good for other genres than rock. // 7

AW30CE Reviewed by: Remo177, on september 28, 2005

Features: - Made in USA - Frets: 21, - Neck: thin (mahogany) - Back and sides: mahogany - Fingerboard: rosewood - Pickups: PZP-3 piezo - Controls: AEQ 5 band EQ - Bridge: rosewood - Hardware: chrome - Accessories: cable and case (there is electronis tuning). // 7

Sound: It does not really suit my style of music becasue I like to play rock and I have acoustic guitar but when I hook it up to and amp and put distortion on it then sound exactly what I'm trying to play. It is pretty loud, and if you change the setting you can make some pretty cool sounds. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up pretty good the only flaw it had was that one of the strings were not attached tight enough and it made a rickety noise. I had that fixed up the next day though. Other than that there was nothing wrong with it. Pickups were adjusted, properly routed bridge ect. All good. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has withstood live playing with no back up(but its always good to have a backup just in case somthing does happen), it is a reliable guitar an I can depend on it. So far the finish has withstood my playing and is still going strong. // 8

Overall Impression: I like playing rock music that has an acoustic guitar in it. I think its a pretty good match cause when I play rock songs on this guitar it sound like the song. I've been playing for about one year and I want to buy an amp. I asked all questions before buying it and if it were stolen I would most likley buy this guitar again. I love the fact that it has a crisp clear sond to it. I hat that if you listen really closley in a quiet room you can here some funny noise (it really annoys me when I play at night because everything is dead silent). My favourite feature is the electronis tuning and the cut it has so its easier for me to play higher notes. I compared my guitar with Ashton and Yamaha guitars and many others and this one was best because it sounded clear, it had electronic tuning, I could plug it up to an amp and it was just the right wieght. // 8

More Aria reviews rating category latest review
+ Pro II ST600 6.8 Electric Guitars 08/27/2014