Joeycoustic Review

manufacturer: Ashton date: 08/22/2005 category: Acoustic Guitars
Ashton: Joeycoustic
The 3/4 sized Joeycoustic is essentially a scaled down version of Ashton?s DM27 with the drop shoulder design for easier playability. Don?t let its size fool you, though. For a smaller guitar, this still packs a big sound. The Joeycoustic is great for kids, and even better as a compact, lightweight travelling guitar for your next big holiday.
 8.2
 8.4
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Joeycoustic Reviewed by: ror, on august 22, 2005

Purchased from: Guitar World

Features: This Ashton acoustic was made in 2004 in China. It has 20 frets. It is a half size guitar. It has a laminated top, there was the option to choose a variety of colours I chose black. It is steel string, has non-locking Ashton tuners but it holds its tuning nicely. It comes with strap buttons but no strap or bag was included. The finish is very nice but finger marks show up alot. // 8

Sound: The reason I bought this guitar is so I can take it with me when I go places. I own a Martin acoustic and it is way to precious to me to take it on the rugby bus and stuff. I play a lot of punk acoustics, Jack Johnson, Amos Lee, John Butler Trio etc. This suits it quite nicly seeing that it was only 150. For its price I was quite amazed at the quality of sound it puts out. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: It came set up perfectly for me. No flaws of any kind what so ever (not yet at least). I was not to picky with the set up though seeing a really just wanted a beat up guitar to take with me when I'm hanging out with friends. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't take this guitar live seeing it has no pickups and it is a half size so it dosen't put out to much sound. The strap buttons will last I think. I have been a complete idiot with the guitar and jumped around like I have ants in my pants and it's still fine now. // 8

Overall Impression: I really love this guitar for the price I paid. It has nive rich tone, easy to use. Even though its half size the frets are still easily axcessable. If it was stolen I would go bash the mofo that took it because I love just having this guitar on my back the whole time! // 8

More Ashton reviews rating category latest review
+ AG 131 7.4 Electric Guitars 05/29/2012