BG-160 Review

9.6
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
BG-160 Reviewed by: meshow31, on december 24, 2010

Purchased from: Buckdancer's Music

Features: Got this a few, maybe 8?, years ago. 20 frets, 24 3/4 scale. Rosewood fingerboard and a mahogany neck with a solid spruce top. The sides and back are solid east indian rosewood. Nice sunburst on this one, not too much black, and only around the outside edge. The bridge is rosewood, with a bone a saddle and nut. The inlays on the fingerboard are all thus really cool plant pattern kind of thing in pearl. Its an absolutely gorgeous guitar. Mine came with a really nice hardshell case that has certainly taken more than a few beatings. Its held up great over the years; only a few scuffs and scratches. Same with the guitar. // 10

Sound: I've had it for a while and it still sounds just as good as when it was brand new. I play rock, folk, spanish, blues, etc. It suits my needs very well. I mostly use this one for blues and rock but it really does sound great. Its got a very nice low end and just enough of the highs come through to really make it a great sounding guitar. That said I do find that sometimes its a little too much bass for my needs, but that is only on rare occasions. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was good for me right out of the box; I mean its needed some adjusting over the years, but it still plays great. This guitar was perfect and ready to go from the moment I played it in the store. It was brand new when I bought it, and let me tell you it was the best purchase I have ever made (well maybe a tie with my 50's Fender strat). Over the years the only things that has been wrong with this guitar are just the scratches and dents I've put in it. Hahaha. All the hardware has held up great, no signs of rust, just a collection of dust. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have played this guitar live more than a few times and it definitely holds up just fine. The only thing I have ever replaced on this guitar is the strings. And I have a pickup that I put in my sound hole when I need the extra boost to play loud enough, I think its a Dean Markley or something like that, I'm really not sure. But this guitar has taken it like a champ and still looks and sounds great. // 10

Overall Impression: I freaking love this guitar. It draws compliments where ever it goes and plays and sounds amazing. Blueridge has a made a great guitar for me. It was basically everything I was looking for in an Acoustic and I could not be happier with my purchase. I tell everyone to try out a Blueridge now. I don't know if they have them everywhere but in Portland, ME there are a ton at Buckdancer's. They sound awesome, they are made really well, and they are just great guitars. I liked all of them better than any taylor, and even a few of the martins (and you have no idea how much I LOVE martins). // 9

More Blueridge reviews rating category latest review
+ BR-240 8.1 Acoustic Guitars 02/18/2008