AC200/SM Review

manufacturer: Breedlove date: 04/19/2006 category: Acoustic Guitars
Breedlove: AC200/SM
The AC200SM is a solid top and laminate back full-bodied concert. This guitar model combines Breedlove design elements and balanced tonal signature with the highest quality manufacturing practices in the world to bring you a highly affordable acoustic masterpiece.
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
AC200/SM Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 19, 2006

Purchased from: Acoustic Music Shop

Features: I beleive it was made 2005 in Korea. It has 20 frets and a 25.5" scale length on a rosewood fretboard. It has a solid top, a definite plus, made from spruce with mahogany back, sides and neck. The Grover non-locking tuners will go out of tune with some serious bending, but work pretty well. Something I really like is the pinless bridge which in my opinion looks better and is easier to string. It has a nice satin finish and didn't come with any accessories. // 10

Sound: It has such a beutiful sound! It has a concert body style, which is made mostly for finger picking so this is where it truly excels, but it also sounds great for strumming. Like I said, it has a spruce top so it is fairly bright, but it is still full and rich, especially since I put medium strings on. It is very versatile depending on whether you play it near the bridge or near the neck. It sounds great already and it will only get better due to the solid top. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: As far as I can tell the guitar was put together perfectly and I can not find any flaws. The action was set up perfectly from the factory. It is is actualy one of the easiest acoustic guitars I have ever played. For a guitar of this price I am extremely impressed! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is quite durable as it has been been banged a couple of times mith no scratches or dents. I has been used live without a backup, but hey if you have a backup, why not use it? The finish is thin so the top can vibrate freely, but it doesn't seem like it wear off. // 10

Overall Impression: For the price I paid this guitar is absolutly amazing! I'm lucky, the only dealer of breedlove in Canada outside of Ontario is in Edmonton which is only an hour away from where live. The action, the sound really everything about this guitar is awesome. It the best acoustic guitar I have played for under $500. // 10

More Breedlove reviews rating category latest review
+ C250/CM 9.4 Acoustic Guitars 09/27/2012