C250/CM Review

review (1) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
C250/CM Reviewed by: colinthelips, on september 27, 2012

Price paid: € 699

Purchased from: The Sound Factory

Features: This guitar was designed in the U.S.A. and crafted in Korea. It has 20 frets, C-Shaped neck with a Rosewood fretboard. The top of this guitar is solid red cedar, which gives off an absolutely lovely warm harmonic sound, much nicer than most spruce top steel string guitars. The back and sides are made from laminated mahogany and the neck is mahogany too, it has a nice satin finish, normal thickness. It has almost a hybrid style body which I like I think it's a much better fit than a bulky dreadnought shape. The bridge is a rosewood bridge and doesn't have bridge pins so the strings just pass through the bridge which looks much better and probably gives better response. The pickup has a volume and high/low eq controls and a tuner. The p/u on this guitar is excellent, much better than Fishman. It comes with a Breedlove soft padded case. // 10

Sound: This guitar has a lovely sound, very much like the old 90's natural series Takamines which you can't get anymore, like the one Glen Hansard has. It doesn't have that harsh sound that you can get out of a spruce top guitar but more of a warm harmonic tone and has great resonance and brilliant volume, good for busking. The fact that the sides and back aren't solid obviously go against it but none the less worth every penny. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar is the easiest acoustic guitar I have ever played, before I bought this guitar I had just bought a Martin and I had it about a month and I went back into the shop I bought it, seen the Breedlove, tried it out and sold my Martin and bought the Breedlove, it's just a far superior instrument than the Martin's of the same price or even more. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is great all round, I hope that this guitar will last me my lifetime now and I don't see why it wouldn't, it's not at all delicate you can really play the f--k out of it and it stands well up to the job, I have gigged with it a few times and it's just great. Extremely reliable guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: Well worth the money, if ya like the Cedar top sound but don't wanna spend big amounts but still want a guitar that'll do ya for life, this is the one for it. // 10

More Breedlove reviews rating category latest review
+ C250/EF 9.1 Acoustic Guitars 08/22/2012