Revival 000 Review

9.8
review (1) pictures (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Revival 000 Reviewed by: crookedpath, on november 02, 2010

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Features: My Breedlove Revival 000 was manufactured in 2008 by Breedlove Guitar Company of Bend, Oregon. The guitar is a 6-string tribute to 1930s style guitars with a deep, crisp, rich sound. The Revival 000 comes standard an Adirondack Spruce top, East Indian Rosewood back & sides, a solid Mahogany neck, Ebony fredboard, with Grover Nickel Tuners. Mine is outfitted with an L.R. Baggs Element Active pickup which provides great dynamics with no obvious outward appearance the guitar has been modified. The pre-amp is run with a 9-volt battery that is automatically switched when a cable is plugged into the combination strap button/jack. The guitar came with a black hard-shell case. // 10

Sound: My style is mostly picked Acoustic but I do cross over into jazz, blues, and harder rock. The sound is clean and clear. The L.R. Baggs Element Active pre-amp provides great sound quality with no visible appearance the guitar is wired. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I played this model guitar in a shop in Nashville. When it came time to buy, the Nashville guitar was gone. I found another at Musician's Friend. The Musician's Friend tech in Kansas City setup the guitar and shipped it via FedEx. I was playing the guitar the next evening. The guitar arrived stable and has wandered very little during its break-in. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The Breedlove Revival 000 is solid. It is designed to outlast it's owner, that is, so long as the owner takes reasonable care of it. The hardware is solid. The finish is glossy. I'll write again on durability after a few years of playing it. // 9

Overall Impression: I purchased quite a few guitars over the past 30 years but I never bought the one I really wanted. It finally came time to buy that ultimate guitar. I looked at top class Martins, Larrivees, Taylors, etc. I came back to Breedlove. I was initially uncomfortable choosing a Breedlove over a Martin, but it turned out to be a very good decision. My hand-made Breedlove is simply an incredible guitar. Moreover, it was made by artisans. In addition to my Breedlove Revival 000, I also own a Taylor NS32CE, Taylor T5-S acoustic/electric, a Danelectro DC-12 12-stiring cutaway electric, an Ibanez Stratocaster, an Alvarez 6-string acoustic, a J.B. Player 6-string acoustic, and my oddest guitar, a Traveler Guitar Escape. // 10

More Breedlove reviews rating category latest review
+ C250/CM 9.4 Acoustic Guitars 09/27/2012