Rodriguez Concert Review

manufacturer: Cervantes date: 02/03/2006 category: Acoustic Guitars
Cervantes: Rodriguez Concert
This guitar is made after a Miguel Rodriguez guitar owned by Pepe Romero. Loud and well balanced this is a powerful instrument. Cedar soundboard, Indian rosewood back and sides, ebony fingerboard, 650 or 660 mm scale length, lacquer finish.
 8.2
 9.2
 7.1
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Rodriguez Concert Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 03, 2006

Purchased from: Acoustic Music

Features: This last summer I purchased a new '05 Cervantes Rodriguez Concert, nylon string acoustic for $1,300 dollars (be lucky to find one under $1,900). This is a stunningly beautiful guitar, with a clear attention to detail. It features a Cedar soundboard, indian rosewood back and sides, ebony fingerboard, 650 or 660 mm scale length, and lacquer finish. It also comes with a humidity sensitive hard-backpack case. // 8

Sound: It has a very powerful sound for such a small guitar. I use it for classical sound to folk/rock to jazz, it suites them all (I prefer a nylon sound for all styles). This guitar can do all the tricks, so clean. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: From my dealer this guitar played perfectly, it looks and adjusts immaculately. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Once again, this is a top quality guitar, you dont pay 1900 dollars for a shoddy finish and poor wood selection. Very solid. // 10

Overall Impression: I used to play a steel acoustic with a woody pickup, before that an electric. The more I play guitar the more I realize this is what guitar is supposed to sound like. I have also tried 6k dollar guitars when I was looking for this guitar, my dealer (a small local acoustic shop) turned me on to the Cervantes models and I haven't looked back. I'm giving it a nine, because this guitar was not fully handmade, and the materials are second only to such five thousand dollar handmade guitars. But for its price-range, and for the quality, this is an eleven. // 9

Comments