AD 850 CE Review

7.9
reviews (2) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
AD 850 CE Reviewed by: BradTheBluefish, on march 28, 2011

Purchased from: Ipswich Music

Features: My Cort is an acoustic-electic cutaway. Solid spruce top - natural stain - with Mahogany sides and a Mahogany back. Comes with a basic 3-Way EQ Pre-Amp by Cort - treble, middle, and bass. The tuners are stock and covered. // 10

Sound: I had been looking for an Acoustic guitar for a few months and one day I saw a kid in an after school program playing a basic Cort Acoustic guitar. I immediately knew that this was the guitar for me simply because of the sound, it is everything I wanted it to be, perfect. It has a brighter sound to it, definitely not mellow, but when I tune it to E flat it doesn't sound odd. (This is for right out of the box though, you can always change the strings) I've used it live, plugged in and miked, and it sounds great. I even plug it into my Vox Valvetronix from time to time and play some rock tunes with the gain up, even that sound good, no lie. I play everything and it can do everything. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Ready to go. Strings on it and everything. Everything seems tight & solid, I never had to adjust anything. The action is very good but not perfect. Nothing needed to be adjusted until late November due to the cold's effect on the neck. The only flaw, and it only seems to be on mine, is the way the spruce top wood has too distinctive different wood colors. One half is darker than the other half. Beyond that it looks absolutely beautiful with Mahogany sides, a Mahogany back, and nickel tuners and frets. Someone did point out to me that the bridge doesn't seem to be on all the way, but it seems right to me because it has always been like that. Just keep an eye on the bridge when you go to purchase this guitar. Take a piece of paper and try to put it underneath the bridge. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Unfortunately, one day I picked it up off the floor too fast and hit it on my futon's metal-framed. I was very upset but there is only a small dent on the head thats blends in well. As for everything else, I have had no wiring or electric issues of any sort. I've used it live, plugged in and miked, and it sounds great. Very dependable and ready to go for gigs. // 9

Overall Impression: I like playing everything - John Mayer, Eric Clapton, Stone Temple Pilots, and 311. I always write my songs on it from country instruments to pop tunes. I would compare this guitar to a Yahama F-Series. As for me, I would definately buy this guitar again. I am big Cort fan now. For the price, there is absolutely nothing like it. // 10

AD 850 CE Reviewed by: Vigge, on february 14, 2014

Price paid: € 110

Purchased from: Store

Features: It's actually the Cort AD 810 I have, but those are kinda the same. It is a really good guitar for the starters. It's a really good guitar because it's hand made in Indonesia. Solid top with a thin neck and I think it has 22 frets but no cut out so it is hard to play way up there it's okay because I usually only play songs around a camp fire which is just cords. It have no electronics, but that doesn't matter to me. It came with a fabric case so I brought a separate so I could have it wherever I go. // 6

Sound: The sound is great for it's price but the strings is kinda hard to tune but when they do you can tell. It has a very deep sound but still It is not to loud. The guitar have a really soft sound if you play with your hands, but still it can sound "metallic" if you using picks and make some noise and uses more power into the chords. The guitar is good for both ballads and slow songs and for rock 'n' roll/rock songs with some more sting. It depends on the strings too of course, but I think it sounds awesome. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: It have just that basic regular wooden color, matted finish, very basic. I was really impressed with the finish on the guitar and the action is where I like it, not overly high so I can dig the strings a bit and not low enough to have fret buzz, you really have to give it a hard time to achieve any buzz at all. Also the hader you play it the louder it gets, which I would have thought using light strings would create some fret buzz. The guitar was set-up at the store where I bought it from, so I cannot comment on the factory set-up // 5

Reliability & Durability: I don't know if this guitar would stand up to a gig being that it has no pickup in it, If I was to install a pick I would rely on it without a backup. I have put a strap on this guitar so I can play on it when I'm standing with is really nice if you like to do that. The finish seems durable, but I don't knock my guitars around so. I have played on it for 4 years, and it still looks the same. It's dependable and I will have it until it breaks or I give it away to my children and I will learn them how to play:) // 9

Overall Impression: Play a lot of soft and hard ballads, both with picks and fingers. The feeling when you play is great, it's made for the human body. This guitar seems to be made for me, it fits my style perfectly. The tone-woods and the materials that Cort have chosen are flawless, for the price you can't get anything better. I like playing my own stuff on the this and that is about it. When ever I have an idea I first consult my trusty Cort to write me a song and then go from there. This was my first guitar so it is special but if it did get lost or stolen I am sure I would buy a different guitar. My favorite feature is the fact that it is just so durable I love this guitar as a starter any one starting needs this guitar. // 9

More Cort reviews rating category latest review
+ Source 7.9 Electric Guitars 08/13/2014