Earth200 Review

manufacturer: Cort date: 02/01/2012 category: Acoustic Guitars
Cort: Earth200
This guitar has a warm sound. I'd prefer a more "metallic" sound, but I like my Earth200 a lot anyway! Since I like fingerstyle, my guitar's "full" and somehow deep sound sounds pretty well.
 8.8
 7.1
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
Earth200 Reviewed by: Dona88, on february 01, 2012

Features: - CONSTRUCTION: Dovetail Neck Joint - CUTAWAY: N/A - BODY: Dreadnought - Solid Sitka Spruce Top with Solid Mahogany Back & Mahogany Sides - NECK: Mahogany - BINDING: Ivory - FRETBOARD: Rosewood - SCALE: 643mm (25.3") - INLAY: White Dot - TUNERS: Grover with Black Knobs - ROSETTE: Premium Double Abalone - BRIDGE: Rosewood - ELECTRONICS: N/A - STRINGS: D'Addario USA EXP16 Light - BRACING: Advanced Scalloped X-Bracing - COLORS: Earth200 3TS (3 Tone Sunburst) // 8

Sound: This guitar has a warm sound. I'd prefer a more "metallic" sound, but I like my Earth200 a lot anyway! Since I like fingerstyle (with or without thumbpick), my guitar's "full" and somehow deep sound sounds pretty well, I think... // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I'm just a newbie and so I'm not able to judge all this. But I know my guitar had some problems with the neck (I fixed it, but the 6th string still "buzzes" a bit, sometimes, and I don't know why...). Probably it's my fault! // 8

Reliability & Durability: It look like a very good guitar, to me. // 9

Overall Impression: I like country/blues/folk style. I prefer fingerstyle. I play since about 2 years and a half. I'm not very good, but I'm not so bad! Ahah! I bought my guitar less than 2 years ago, with the help of a friend. I bought the best guitar I could buy with the budget I chose (I decided to spend max 300. I spent 299...). It was funny since I was going to buy the Earth200 NAT color (279). Then we saw the Sunburst one and "let's try this one too!". We didn't think there could be something different, but we wondered why it costed more than the other one. Well... The sound was completely different! My friend tried it and "you must buy this one!". Ahahah! // 10

More Cort reviews rating category latest review
+ Source 7.9 Electric Guitars 08/13/2014