Earth 70E NS Review

8.6
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Earth 70E NS Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 24, 2010

Purchased from: Matt's Music South Africa

Features: This Dreadnought style guitar features a Solid spruce top, a Mahogany back and sides, and a Rose wood fretboard with 20 frets. The top is laminated. It also includes a Fishman Classic EQ with Pre Amp. The controls on it are Volume, Tone and Bass. It has non-Locking tuners but they don't go out of tune at all, even with hours and weeks of playing. Very impressed. // 9

Sound: I play a total mix of music, my language is Afrikaans so I like Folk mostly. Rock, Blues and soft rock. But mostly rythm. I play with medium strings, and the guitar is a little soft, really have to play it hard to be heard among your friends thats also playing. Bit has a very rich and full warm sound to it, some of the best I have played so far. One can really "feel" the music when played. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Factory set-up was ok I guess, couldt find a problem with that, pickups wasn adjusted at all but it doesn't need a rocket scientist to do that. But the finish overall is outstanding, can't find an problems with it. It came with Light strings but I found that playing with medium realy makes a much better difference, much Warmer and Rich, the only downside is that the strigs is a litte bit hard to push down than my previous guitar. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It will withstand a whole gig easily. I really have alot of trust in this guitar. The strap buttons on it is very solid and wont be worried about them. It can also take alot of beating, I have bumped it a few times and it really doesn't show on it at all. I love it. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is really amaizing! I would play one of these forever. Its not a Gibson or Crafter but it really gives them a go for their money. The look of the guitar is also very unique, nice Vintage look, sound and veel to it. Some of my friends with gibsons love my guitar. Its a champion underdog. // 8

More Cort reviews rating category latest review
+ Source 7.9 Electric Guitars 08/13/2014