MR-E NAT Review

8.3
 7.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
MR-E NAT Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 14, 2011

Purchased from: Private Store (Piccolo)

Features: If you're looking for a decently priced acoustic guitar, buy this one! It is the best sounding acoustic guitar I've ever heard, and it's really comfortable and durable. This guitar was made in 2011, brand new, and I don't know where this guitar was made. The tuner works great, BTW. Features: FRETS: 20 CONSTRUCTION: Dovetail Neck Joint CUTAWAY: Venetian BODY: Dreadnaught - Solid Spruce with Mahogany Back & Sides NECK: Mahogany, "C" Shape BINDING: Black w/ White Acryl FRETBOARD: Rosewood SCALE: 643mm (25.3") INLAY: White Dot TUNERS: Die-cast Nickel with Black Knobs ROSETTE: Multiple White Pearl Acryl BRIDGE: Rosewood / Scooped ELECTRONICS: Cort CE304T - Ceramic P/U STRINGS: D'Addario USA EXP16 Light BRACING: Advanced Scalloped X-Bracing It came with a free case, too! It comes with a "Phase" button, which makes any playback dissappear. Sadly, it came with the "old" lsys+ Fishman amplifying. // 7

Sound: My music style (on the acoustic guitar, at least) is a little rock, a little blues, and I guess the style itself, "Acoustic". I'm using my Vox VT15 amp with this, and I know it's an electric guitar amp, but it sounds great! Non-amplified, it sounds way better than any acousic guitar I've heard! And I even mean the 1000$ acoustic guitars... It just sounds so rich and not at all "metal-ish"! It's really the best sounding non-amplified guitar I've heard. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came in top-notch shape from the factory, no problems with the wood, the finish... Really problem-free. It's a really comftrable guitar, too! The only problem I've had is the first 2 strings really buzzing and annoying the hell out of me, so I took it to the store, and it turns out it was the battery lid that was a little loose, so I put some cotton in the battery case and it's not vibrating/buzzing since. I just gotta say again, this guitar is COMFORTABLE as hell. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would not take this guitar to a gig, not because of it's durability or reliability, but because of 3 personal reasons. 1. The battery case might suddenly buzz (who knows, maybe cotton isn't the sturdy thing we thought it was). [Not the guitars fault.] 2. This isn't the guitar's fault too, but I have swaty palms, and becasue I don't have Elixir strings, in the midddle of the gig I might have to play on rusty strings, or maybe clean the strings at home, which maight make the guitar go out of tune. Again, nothing to do with the guitar. 3. The finish is pretty and seems sturdy enough, but this guitar isn't from the "GRAND" series for nothing - it's huge. and the finish might hit something, or... I don't know, I'd take a backup. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar has everything, fits any genre and style of play and really is a great guitar. I would reccomend ot to people who are not all about playing it with the amp. I've bought this guitar about 2 months ago. If it was stolen, I'd buy another one because it's actually pretty cheap for what it's worth. If I have to compare it with all the other guitars I'd say that when plugged in, the other guitar night be better, but unplugged this has no contest. -Tuval Wolf. // 9

More Cort reviews rating category latest review
+ MR710F SE NAT 7.8 Acoustic Guitars 03/05/2014