JE18N Review

6.5
review (1) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
JE18N Reviewed by: GaryBillington, on august 23, 2011

Purchased from: eBay

Features: Purchased in 2005, this guitar features a solid Cedar top and rosewood back & sides with a 20 fret mahogany neck and has a jumbo cut-away style body. The detailing on the fretmarkers is a particularly nice feature and the natural colouring is beautifully finished with with a satin finish. It comes fitted with a good quality active pre-amp which includes 3-way EQ, volume and "scoop" controls. // 8

Sound: This guitar has a great sound, which I really needed when I purchased it as I was playing in an Acoustic duo at the time, so it needed to create a full-bodied tone as there was no other instruments backing me up. The JE18/N handled this excellently, it was usually plugged straight into the PA with minimal reverb and EQ required to get the required quality of sound. I've never had an issue with feedback or unwanted noise and I was always able to get the sound needed for any song, whether it was an upbeat number like "Town Called Malice" or something calmer like "Closest Thing To Crazy". // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was well set up when purchased and I've never found any flaws with it. Everything about it makes it feel like a much more expensive guitar, which technically it is - even though I paid 225, this was a discounted price and the RRP for this model was 350 at the time. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've played loads of gigs with this guitar over the years, and it has always been perfectly reliable. I always took a backup, but it was never needed. I've owned this guitar for around 6 years now and it still plays perfectly, the finish is still solid and even after countless gigs & practice sessions the frets are hardly worn. // 9

Overall Impression: For the Acoustic music I play, it's hard to imagine a better guitar within this price range. I've been playing over 20 years and have owned about half a dozen 6-string acoustics in that time, this one is easily the best of them. If it were lost/stolen, I'd definitely try finding another although I doubt I'd get the same deal as when I bought this one. I always hate reading reviews where everything gets rated 9 or 10, but I'm really struggling to find any reason to mark it down in any area. // 9

More Crafter reviews rating category latest review
+ Cruiser CJ400 8.2 Electric Guitars 02/22/2012