ML-Rose Review

8.4
 8.2
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
ML-Rose Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 16, 2006

Features: 2006 Crafter ML-Rose acoustic/electric 6-string. Cutaway solid topped electro acoustic with decorative fretboard inlay. Crafter is an originally Korean brand. // 9

Sound: The guitar has a very wide range of sound. It sounds very full and sings at low volumes. You can play very loud, clear lead lines as well that sound very sweet. Overall the tone of the guitar is sweet and dark with exceptional balance throughout the range. If you play it harder, it takes on more of a mountain sound with a bit of twang on the low E string, and playing towards the bridge the sound sparkles and cuts without becoming harsh. The sound was why I bought this. I was never a fan of fancy inlay, but the tone of this guitar is exceptional, easily comparable or better than a Taylor, except not as bass heavy as the Taylor. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Set-up from factory is very low and fast. Just a touch too low for the low E string as it rattles slightly when you dig into it, which some people may not like. I've decided not to adjust it, to encourage me not to play hard rhythm on this guitar and thereby chew up the nice moonphase inlay. Pickup is smooth and even. One other flaw, the first fret sticks out a bit so I've snagged my finger sharply when playing an F on the high E string and moving up. No other flaws. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It's a good solid guitar. I won't be playing it heavily/exculsively, and for some peices that require heavy strumming I would switch to a 12-string. I think it will hold up well so long as it is not abused. I sweat heavily at times so I have to take care to keep this guitar clean after gigs or the finish will suffer. // 7

Overall Impression: I play a mix of fingerpicking, lead, and chord accompaniment. This guitar is exceptional for fingerpicking and very sweet in all playing styles except very heavy/energentic folk or rock rhythm. 16 years playing. Also play Guild 12-string, Rick electric, Jay Turser JTB-134 bass, Vantage bass, no-name upright bass. If this guitar were stolen, I would take it as a matter of fate and probably wouldn't get another, but I would seriously consider another Crafter acoustic. The thing I like best about it is the rosewood back and sides which affects the tone much more than I previously thought. Again, I compare the tone to Taylor, and it is no exaggeration. I wish it had come with an upper strap button, and had come with a case which I would have bought with the guitar. // 9

More Crafter reviews rating category latest review
+ Cruiser CJ400 8.2 Electric Guitars 02/22/2012