39" Black Review

manufacturer: Dimavery date: 11/13/2007 category: Acoustic Guitars
Dimavery: 39
Superbly finished full size black acoustic guitar. Excellent action, tone and intonation creates a full-bodied, warm sounding acoustic. High level acoustics means loud, mic-able, potential. Sensibly priced, you really get loads of guitar for your money!
 9.2
 2.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
39" Black Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 13, 2007

Features: OK. Here's how this works. I have no idea when this guitar was made. I have no idea where. But you gotta believe me when I say that this guitar is brilliant. I dunno what it's made of but I'll take a stab at wood. I'll be honest with you here. I don't know much about it. But the detail doesn't really matter! It's a decent sounding, easy to play, black, acoustic guitar. That's all there really is to say. It's cheap and it's great if you're a beginner and you aren't really sure if guitar is for you. I bought it about 4 months back. It is one of the most reliable instruments I have come across in a long while. None of the strings have snapped so far and I play this thing for about 3 hours every single day. It's easily tuned and comes with a strap, a soft gig bag, strings and that funny little Tool for changing the strings. It's great value for money, it looks nice and it plays like a dream! // 10

Sound: I just play chord songs mostly and it's good for strumming at after a hard day at school. Warm sounding, high level acoustics. It sounds as good as it looks. Can do some beautiful sounding chords, and trying to practise riffs on this doesn't sound too shabby either. It's a good guitar! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar came to me in excellent condition and has proved it's durability and has remained in excellent condition. There were no downsides to it at all. It's a good reliable guitar! If you're looking for a guitar to buy someone on the cheap in case they don't like it, this is it. If they don't like it, they are strange but you haven't lost that much money. If they like it, they have a nice black acoustic guitar with a great sound. I think the second is more likely. // 10

Reliability & Durability: To be honest, I don't tend to use this for gigs. I play for my own enjoyment. When I'm in a band, I play a bass guitar, so this doesn't really apply to me. But let me make this review useful for you. If I played in a gig with it, I probably wouldn't require a back up. This is for the simple school of thought that "Hey, it survived the first few months, what's one more night gonna do? Guitars don't get stage fright and neither do I!" The strap buttons are solid and the finish will last (it's varnished folks). // 8

Overall Impression: I play pretty much anything I can. I have no real style. If I like a song, I'll learn to play it. That simple. This is a good match for me because it's quite versatile. I've been playing for about 4 months now and I know to some of you dinosaurs, I sound like an uninformed newbie. Trust me. I know a naff-sounding guitar when I hear one. This isn't that. This guitar is great. I never really asked anything about this guitar. Stupid girl! I hear you cry. Well, yes and no. I just saw it and thought "Is that for me?" then I saw the price tag and thought "Hell yeah!" At the price it is, Who actually cares? At the time I wasn't planning on showing it off, I just wanted to learn how to play it. If it was pikeyed, I'd definitely buy it again and replace it. I just want to say that half the money you pay is for a name. Dimavery make good quality guitars. Both of mine are made by Dimavery, that's a bass guitar and this acoustic and they are both really nice. I know loads of people with the big name brands and trust me when I say that you're paying a hell of a lot of money for a label. Who cares who it's made by as long as it sounds good? They good value, they seldom break and they look cool too. I wouldn't pick a guitar because it's a Gibson or a Stratocaster or a Les Paul for the simple reason that I just don't like them. Dimavery make quality instruments for great prices. Type in Terralec on google and see what you get because I guarantee it's gonna be more for your money that what pay for some fancy label! // 9

More Dimavery reviews rating category latest review
+ ST-203 7.1 Electric Guitars 11/24/2011