1964 Texan Review

5.8
review (1) pictures (1) 13 comments vote for this gear:
1964 Texan Reviewed by: LarsK, on march 17, 2010

Purchased from: SamAsh Music

Features: This acoustic/electric guitar is a "inspired by". It was inspired by the real one (made famous by Paul McCartney and other musicians). Model: "Inspired by" 1964 Texan Acoustic/Electric Frets: 20 Body: Solid Mahogany (Back & Sides) Top: Solid Spruce Top Neck Wood: Mahogany Fingerboard: Rosewood Controls: Master Volume, High & Low EQ, Phase Switch, Low battery indicator Bridge: Rosewood, Reverse-Belly Machine Heads: Vintage-style Nickel, 14:1 ratio with small cream buttons // 9

Sound: When I picked this up in the store I know right away..this is the one. I needed a decent, not expensive acoustic/electric guitar. The sound is very crisp and clear. I am using it with my practice amp made by Fender. I am using light strings on it. It sounds great on clean and distorted. No fret buzzing (after setting it up properly). // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I had to do my own, custom setup. It might have been ok for other musicians but I prefer my action on the lower side. I did a minor mod on the truss nut, filed down the bridge and the head nut. If you don't know what you're doing PLEASE have a shop done it for you. I do all my setups myself. There were no scratches or any other visible or mechanical flaws with this guitar. The volume, bass and treble dials are inside the body, and not easy to reach. This will be difficult to use during gigs. But you know that BEFORE you buy the guitar, hence its not a flaw in my eyes. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will do great for live performance, gigs or just playing around on your own. The strap button is the chord jack at the same time (in case you can't find it..). The finish looks like its going to last for a long time. I would absolutely depend on this guitar during gigs. // 10

Overall Impression: I play for about 2 years now and mostly Led Zeppelin, Grunge and Country on this guitar. I would surely buy it again in case of theft. This is by far my favority acoustic/electric guitar in this price range. It looks great, feels great and has some history. I love the finish, the crip and clear sound it is able to produce. // 10

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ Les Paul Ultra III 7.7 Electric Guitars 04/07/2014