AJ-15E Review

manufacturer: Epiphone date: 04/14/2006 category: Acoustic Guitars
Epiphone: AJ-15E
Epiphone AJ-15E Natural Acoustic/Electric. Piezo/Passive Pickups. Chrome Hardware. Mahogany Neck. Rosewood/Dot Fingerboard. Mahogany Body.
 9.6
 8.3
reviews (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
AJ-15E Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 28, 2003

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: The features on this guitar are pretty standard. It is an acoustic/electric with no volume controls. It has a solid spruce top and a maple fretboard. This guitar has 20 frets and no cut-away. On my guitar I have standard Epiphone tuners (non locking) and a thin neck. // 8

Sound: I love the way this guitar sounds. You can't hardly beat it unless you are willing to pay a couple grand for an acoustic guitar. It also sounds great through a P/A on through an amp. I don't have an acoustic amp so sometimes I play it through my Marshall; it still sounds great! The only thing that bothers me about this guitar is its volume. When in a normal setting this guitar is not quite as loud as I would like it to be. But other than that, there are no complaints here. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar is very well crafted. The rosetta and top are beautifully crafted; especially for it's price. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This is probably the most reliable guitar I have ever come across. The reason I got this guitar is because I usually play electric with my band and if I just wanted to go jam with someone or something I would have to beg my dad to let me borrow one of his Martin's. That usually didn't go over too well. I have put this guitar through the ringer. It has been through many a drunken nights of non-stop playing at parties and gatherings (mostly me trying to get some ass from girls:) ). Hot, cold, damp, dry, and any other kind of scenario you can think of, this guitar has survived it all. Sometimes I just want to "test" it to see just how much it can withstand. Through all of that, it still sounds great, looks good, and stays in tune. // 10

Overall Impression: When I first started playing guitar I was a pure "Metal Head". After having this acoustic, my taste in music has broadened considerably. Now I listen to alot of Dave Matthews, Jack Johnson, and Dashboard Confessionals. But don't worry, I still love my Metallica and Pantera. I also have a Fender Strat, Fat Strat, Marshall 100 watt valvestate, and a Crate 15 watt practice amp. But if you are looking for an excellent, low-cost guitar, I would definitely get this one. I call it my 'drunk guitar'. // 10

AJ-15E Reviewed by: zachmc92, on april 14, 2006

Features: Hey people, be sure to check out pawn shops. I got what was a $1500 guitar for $150. It was still in awesome shape as well. It was just a normal 6 string acoustic guitar made some time in the 1990's and American made. It was made out of mahogany and it plays really good. I also got a high quality gig-bag with it too. // 10

Sound: Since I put medium strings on it, it kind of has a synthisized sound. Good for songs like Smoke On The Water. But I love it. It's not for my style though since I like songs like Eagles songs and just easy fun songs. I would like it better with light strings. I probably get some on here in th next year after my mediums wear out. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar is in great condition. There is hardly any flaws at all. The only thing I would say is that at the bottom of the neck, two of the fret notes on the high E string play basically the same note/pitch. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I depend on it. It's my favorite of all my guitars. The finish is divine. It's just a great guitar. I have accidentally hit it a few times and it didn't hurt it at all. So it's very durable. // 10

Overall Impression: I play country/light rock songs. It is kind of a good match but since it has medium strings on it, it has too much of a low sound and heavy sound. I've been playing for a year and I already got over 20 chord memorized. I can transition very well too. I'm not too good at bar chords though. If I were to lose this guitar, I would buy one exactly like it. There's nothing I don't like about it. I mean of course, it's no Gibson or anyhting but I've gotten to love my guitar. // 10

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ 50th Anniversary 1961 SG Special P90 Limited Edition 8.1 Electric Guitars 09/01/2014
+ Worn Dot Studio 8.2 Electric Guitars 08/08/2014