PR-350CE Review

manufacturer: Epiphone date: 11/19/2005 category: Acoustic Guitars
Epiphone: PR-350CE
The PR350CE is an acoustic electric guitar featuring Piezo/Para-EQ pickup, select spruce top and mahogony back and sides.
 7.7
 7.9
 7.5
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
PR-350CE Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 24, 2004

Features: The features this guitar contains satisfy me greatly. It has a very beautiful "Vintage sunburst" finish. Standard Dreadnought shape with standard hardware. Epiphone does not use the greatest tuners. Mine are crap, which is one of my complaints. My only other complaint with the features is with the electronics. The preamp and pickup sound great and are very good (I think it sounds better plugged in - but thats me). The problem is, that somehow after about 8 months of use the preamp got messed up and now drains battery all the time. I am not sure what happened because it worked fine before. It may be something wrong with the XLR output that it has I don't know. // 6

Sound: I play mostly acoustic rock, Dave Matthews songs, and Praise and Worship in my church on Sundays. It sounds great through the sound system every sunday. I think it sounds best through a PA because I did an outside church service and we had a PA and it was better than inside the sanctuary. Unplugged, it is loud and sounds good. A warm sound is produced from the dreadnought shape. I only gave it a 4 because I have played some Taylors and Martins and they are the only ones worthy of a 5. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I have not gotten it adjusted after I recieved it, which scares me because the strings have always felt "tight". I am not sure if this is characteristic of Epiphone guitars or it needs to be adjusted. It may be that the action just needs to be lowered. It also had minor blemishes in the finish when I got it. I didn't really care about them though. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has and will continue to withstand live playing for a long time hopefully. I have played it in church nearly every sunday for the past year or so. I have hit it pretty hard on the corner of a table by accident and only a peice of the gloss chipped off (thankfully on the back of the body). It seems pretty solid. // 8

Overall Impression: This was my first acoustic/ electric guitar and it suited my playing well for awhile. Now I think I will save up for a nicer guitar (like a Martin or a Taylor). If you are looking for an average acoustic/ electric, then this is the guitar for you, but if you think you will want to upgrade later, you may just want to upgrade before you buy a cheaper acoustic/ electric. // 8

PR-350CE Reviewed by: MSmitty82, on november 19, 2005

Sound: I stick with a lot of Standard tuning, occasionally I will drop it down a 1/2 step. This Guitar sounds great no matter what kind of tuning you prefer. It has a clean rich tone, and strong deep tone when playing power chords. I am very happy with this guitar, if you find one for the right price snatch it up, they are very reliable as well. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything was perfect, only problem I found was that the frets needed filing down on the sides because they would catch my hand while sliding down the neck just enough to bother me, but no big deal, more of a preference than anything. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Beautiful finish, I have the Sunburst and it looks beautiful. Just like any Gibson product, excellent quality. // 10

Overall Impression: I'm into a lot of acoustic emo (Bleed The Dream) and a little Folk (Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews), it sounds great with it all. I've been playing for about 6 years and next to my Taylor, this is my favorite guitar. There are some songs that I do actually prefer playing on my Epiphone over my Taylor believe it or not. It has such a crisp, rich ring to it that it sounds great when jamming chords. // 7

More Epiphone reviews rating category latest review
+ 50th Anniversary 1961 SG Special P90 Limited Edition 8.1 Electric Guitars 09/01/2014
+ Worn Dot Studio 8.2 Electric Guitars 08/08/2014