Master Class Pack Review

manufacturer: Esteban date: 03/30/2007 category: Acoustic Guitars
Esteban: Master Class Pack
Bring your musical talents to the next level with the Esteban Master Class Guitar. This instrument is a steel string acoustic/electrical cutaway guitar, superbly crafted for the finest sound.
 5.7
 4.4
review (1) 34 comments vote for this gear:
Master Class Pack Reviewed by: scott58, on march 30, 2007

Features: I'd been learning to play on a Dean electric (by DVD) and wanted to try acoustic. Read several reviews and decided to get one. The package comes with the guitar (acoustic/electric cutaway), 10watt amp, 10ft hookup cable, case, chord chart, picks, extra strings and 5 DVDs. // 7

Sound: This guitar was difficult to play for me, as the action was a bit high, but it is nice looking and didn't sound to bad compared to other lower end guitars I tried at GC. You have to really hold the strings down stay away from fret buzz. The 10 watt amp buzzes a bit if you move the gain much past 2, but it does work and for practicing at 2am it's perfect to let the rest of the house sleep while you mess around. I also have a Peavey amp (110efx 40 watt) that makes it a lot better. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't know a lot about guitars and as far as construction it seems ok to me for what it cost. It is made in china, but has a nice finish (I got the black one). It was the action that made it difficult. My solution to this was take it to a shop and have it looked at. I had Martin SP 11 strings put on it, the neck straightened, and the action lowered. The results were amazing. It was so much easier to play and sounds a lot better. This only cost me $25 to have done and it breathed new life into this guitar. I'm very happy with it now. I'm rateing it 7 out of the box and 9 after work was done. // 7

Reliability & Durability: It seems fine. I don't think I'd have a problem playing this anywhere without a backup. I've been on this thing 3 to 4 hours a night for over a month now and haven't had any problems that weren't there originally and now that it's been worked on it's great. // 8

Overall Impression: It can't compete with $800 guitars, but it certainly can hang with those in the $250 to $300 range. This package turned out to be a pretty good deal and the instruction that comes with it is very good. I like the spanish style picking and that's what I do a lot of. It's improved my playing across the board and when I get out the electric I own I'm so much better then what I was before I started on Estebans DVDs. Would I buy another one? Not now, I've already purchased a more exspensive acoustic/electric, but I would do this all over again. It was a good deal for the money and the DVDs really helped me a lot and learning to play is whatit's all about. // 7

More Esteban reviews rating category latest review
+ Vintage Legacy Signed Custom Series 5.6 Acoustic Guitars 02/20/2012
+ G-200 5.8 Acoustic Guitars 02/15/2012
+ G-10 7.9 Guitar Amplifiers 06/03/2011
+ Deluxe Steel String Guitar Pack 4.2 Acoustic Guitars 11/01/2010
+ Starlight Steel String Cutaway Limited Edition 5.7 Acoustic Guitars 03/11/2009
Comments