Starlight Steel String Cutaway Limited Edition Review

manufacturer: Esteban date: 03/11/2009 category: Acoustic Guitars
Esteban: Starlight Steel String Cutaway Limited Edition
Cutaway acoustic/electric steel string guitar with spruce top, Linden wood sides and back, maple neck plus rosewood fingerboard.
 5.7
 7.2
 4.1
review (1) pictures (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Starlight Steel String Cutaway Limited Edition Reviewed by: Punk_Savage, on march 11, 2009

Features: I got this guitar as a gift. This thing came with a: 20-fret guitar, a hard case, 5 DVD's, picks, extra strings, a strap, polishing cloth, 10 watt amp, 6 ft. Cable, basic chord chart, and an allen wrench. It's a cutaway, so you can easily reach the higher register. The instructional DVD's are all right. Esteban goes through the lessons pretty quick. // 7

Sound: This guitar actually sounds good, even with the crappy guitar strings that came with it. I use D'Addario Phosphor Bronze strings, so it'll give it a good sound. The 10 watt amp that came with it is okay. It has an "overdrive" button to give the guitar distorion. I was surprised that the sound was pretty good. It has an on-board Opus-III EQ. All in all, it has a great sound // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: When I took the guitar out of the box, it was in perfect condition. The strings were okay. Like all Esteban guitars, the action is high. The only good thing that comes out of that is that it builds callouses quickly. The sparkly paintjob is all right, and it looks kinda weird(it kinda looks like the celebration guitar). It gets dirty easily(fingerprints, dust, etc.) // 5

Reliability & Durability: Okay, here is where I was impressed. I have had this guitar for 2+ years and I had not had a problem with it! This guitar has withstood some pretty nasty falls. It has some dents at the bottom, but nothing big. The strings stay in tune(I play it everyday for hours on end) so you don't have to worry about tuning them constantly. I think the finish can last because I've had it for a while. I have not played it in a gig, but I think it could handle a few gigs. Oh yeah and one more thing, I don't take care of the guitar that well, so I know that this guitar can take a beating. // 9

Overall Impression: I mostly play punk, from hardcore to ska, a bit of Folk, and recently, I've been learning how to play blues. I think Folk music fit's this guitar well. If this were stolen I'd be bummed out cause I got attached to it haha, but I wouldn't buy another one. I'd get a Gibson, Yamaha, or a Fender instead. In my opinion, I think this is a overall good guitar. // 8

More Esteban reviews rating category latest review
+ Vintage Legacy Signed Custom Series 5.6 Acoustic Guitars 02/20/2012