Vintage Legacy Signed Custom Series Review

manufacturer: Esteban date: 02/20/2012 category: Acoustic Guitars
Esteban: Vintage Legacy Signed Custom Series
Esteban Vintage Legacy Signed Custom Series 33-piece Set. It has an noisy sound it is good for country or Folk music. It doesn't have much variety of sound.
 5.6
 4.2
review (1) pictures (2) 8 comments vote for this gear:
Vintage Legacy Signed Custom Series Reviewed by: christinaayers, on february 20, 2012

Purchased from: HSN

Features: I bought the Esteban Vintage Legacy Signed Custom Series 33-piece Set. 2009 Vintage Legacy cutaway style guitar it came with: Nylon hardsided guitar case; 10-watt amplifier; 9' amplifier cord; Chord chart; Black case strap. It was made in China even though he says all his guitars are made in the USA. Front is made of spruce wood; sides and back are catalpa wood headstock, fingerboard and saddle are maple wood. Steel strings, 20 frets, black finish with ivory neck and headstock. It's also and acoustic/electric it has a treble, bass and overdrive volume controls on the side of guitar so you can change the sound when you plug it into amp and the amp has the same thing. // 5

Sound: It has an noisy sound it is good for country or Folk music. It doesn't have much variety of sound I can change the tone to make it sound deeper or higher with the sound box on the side of the guitar but that's about it really and its and acoustic electric so you can plug it into the amp for a gig but on its own its loud enough I never really need to plug it into the amp. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: It had 2 loose tuning pegs I had to fix and the finish is cheap looking the finish on the neck of the guitar chips and comes off after a while of playing it and the finish has bubbles in it like the sawdust got into the paint or something when they stained it. // 3

Reliability & Durability: No I would not use this guitar for a gig since I can't keep a strap on it without it coming off and the finish started coming off the neck after a year of playing it and the hardware is cheap I don't see that lasting for years to come and the guitar scratches easy so its not a good guitar to bring on the road. // 3

Overall Impression: I play acoustic/folk and indie/alternative music. I've been playing guitar for 3 years. No I would not buy this guitar again it was the first guitar I bought and I bought it cause it had all the stuff you need to get started. I don't love the guitar but I don't really hate it either. I wish it was made better its made with cheap materials I really bought it cause it looks like and old 50's acoustic and I love the black and white finish. // 5

More Esteban reviews rating category latest review
+ G-200 5.8 Acoustic Guitars 02/15/2012
+ G-10 7.9 Guitar Amplifiers 06/03/2011
+ Deluxe Steel String Guitar Pack 4.2 Acoustic Guitars 11/01/2010
+ Starlight Steel String Cutaway Limited Edition 5.7 Acoustic Guitars 03/11/2009
+ American Legacy 4.2 Acoustic Guitars 01/07/2008