CD-100-12 Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 08/26/2008 category: Acoustic Guitars
Fender: CD-100-12
12-String Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar, rosewood fingerboard, natural satin. Fender's classic design series Dreadnought Acoustic 12-String Guitar has great playability, great sound and great looks, at a highly affordable price.
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) pictures (2) 8 comments vote for this gear:
CD-100-12 Reviewed by: britt_082892, on august 26, 2008

Price paid: C$ 200

Features: The Fender CD-100 is a 12 string acoustic guitar made in China. It has 20 frets, a laminated mahogany neck and sides, laminated spruce as the top and a rosewood fingerboard and bridge with a compensated saddle and the entire guitar has a satin finish. I am unsure of the exact year hte guitar was manufactured, but was probably anywhere's from 5-10 years (rough guestimate). // 10

Sound: This guitar is perfect for my style of music, seeing as I play alot of acoustic-rock which I often arpeggiate. It has a very rich tone and is perfect size for someone Who is used to playing a standard acoustic to easily adapt. The guitar does not have an outlet for an amp, so your only option to amplify it would be either to mic it or to purchase a pick-up that can set on the front hole. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: By examining it, there are no flaws from the company, just a small scratch on the side from being handled. I am unsure of how it was when it came "straight from the factory/store", seeign as this was purchased second hand. From what I've been told, it was perfect except the strings needed to be changed (which is completely understandable). // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very durable. it's withstood lots of travelling and handling, and only has a small scratch from its previous owner to show for it. I would definately use it for playing Live shows and know that I would have nothing to worry about. The finish is "satin" (polyurathane), and I feel is very strong. // 10

Overall Impression: As earlier stated, I play alot of acoustic rock and here and there I'll pick up a country song, but no matter what style I'm addicted to arpeggiating and this guitar perfectly compliments it. I have been playing about 4 years, and also own a Yamaha F-310. If this guitar was ever stolen or lost, I thikn I would die! This guitar is like a child to me, I guard it with my life. The only thing I wish was different about this guitar is that it was an electric/acoustic. Besides that I love it. It's not only a very affordable guitar, but has a great sound and very high quality. // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Modern Player Jaguar Bass 9 Bass Guitars 09/15/2014