CD-100CE Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 01/16/2012 category: Acoustic Guitars
Fender: CD-100CE
Full range of sound for an acoustic. Very crisp, clean sound.
 9.1
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) pictures (2) 10 comments vote for this gear:
CD-100CE Reviewed by: Josh D., on january 16, 2012

Purchased from: Jimmy's Music

Features: - Model Name: CD100 LH (Left Handed) - Body Style: dreadnought (Left-Handed) - Color: Natural Finish Satin, (Polyurethane) - Top: Laminated Spruce - Back and Sides: Laminated Mahogany - Neck: Nato Fingerboard Rosewood - No. of Frets: 20 - Bridge: Rosewood with Compensated Saddle - Machine Heads: Chrome, (Die-Cast) - Scale Length: 25.3" (643mm) - Body Depth: 3.94" (100) to 4.92" (152mm) - Width at Heel: 2.24" (57mm) - Dot Position Inlays - Introduced: 1/2006 // 10

Sound: I like to finger pick, and it suits me fine. Though it sounds great with a pick, and obviously, louder. As it is an acoustic, I do not use and amp. Though I do plan on some form of microphone playing. Full range of sound for an acoustic. Very crisp, clean sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I am not very experienced in gauging overall quality. But it sounds great to me. Off the shelf it was pretty much in tune. But that was probably due to the shop owner. Off the shelf it was in perfect playing condition, aside from a little minor tuning that was needed. // 10

Reliability & Durability: As it is a simple acoustic, I do not foresee me taking it to any gigs. It is mostly an "at home" guitar. I have been told that this guitar will last me for a long time. I do not play it like I am in a heavy metal band, so I can see it lasting me for a really long time. The body, and over-all make-up of this guitar seems like it will last me until I am an old man. // 8

Overall Impression: I like the traditional Irish DADGAD tuning, and it works well in this tuning. I have not been playing very long at all, so I have a long way to go. Especially for the 9/8 time signature! I would definitely recommend this to a friend. As I am a lefty, I did not have much of anything else to choose from, so this was an easy choice for me to make. // 9

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ DG-20S 8.3 Acoustic Guitars 08/01/2014