CD-60CE Review

Action, Fit & Finish: 8.7
 Features: 9.3
reviews (3) pictures (3) 7 comments vote for this gear:
CD-60CE Reviewed by: Tariso, on march 02, 2011

Features: Manufactured in China. Bought in Late 2010. Originated from the regular CD60 guitar, this one has a nice cutaway for reaching the high-pitched notes. With a great Sunburst top, this guitar looks fabulous. This Acoustic guitar comes with a built-in pre-amp and tuner. I also received a guitar cable with it, but I don't use it because it looks too cheap :) // 8

Sound: This guitar sounds like a good Acoustic guitar should sound. Although the strings don't really bend that well, overall it plays very smooth. I play a variety of music styles, ranging from Green Day to Mumford And Sons, and sometimes a bit of Tenacious D. This guitar can be even more versatile when plugged into an amplifier, I can add some subtile effects like reverb and chorus to my clean sound. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar is really great for the price I have paid. There are just a little minor flaws. Some of the string tuners are a bit wobbly, and my pick guard is just glued on the body so it got a bit loose. The guitar came with a set of strap buttons, so I can play la Mumford And Sons with a Fender strap I bought along with the guitar. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have bought this guitar just recently, so I can't really judge about its durability. And I don't perform on real stages (yet) so I can't say much about this. Due to Mumford And Sons songs played in different tunings, I regularly retune my guitar. The first set of strings that were already on the guitar snapped (G-string) after a few retunings. So I already had to buy a new set. I already mentioned the pick guard coming loose a bit, and my tuners being a bit wobbly. // 7

Overall Impression: This guitar matches my playing skills very well, and produces the sound I like to hear. I learned playing the guitar on my first electric guitar (Cort G210), and play as much electric guitar as I play acoustic. If this guitar would be stolen, I'd buy a new one for sure. I will soon start recording guitar covers and upload them to youtube, so this new guitar with built-in preamp comes in handy. I strongly recommend this guitar to other players, who like playing modern, Acoustic songs. It's a very nice guitar for its price, and I hope it lasts a long time. // 9

CD-60CE Reviewed by: Ausbrett23, on july 24, 2012

Purchased from: Bill's Music Store Peabody, MA

Features: When purchased it included - A Hard Shell Case - Tools to Replace Strings - My choice of a strap (A Leather "With the Beatles" Strap) - 1, 4 foot Cable - Equipped with Fishman electronics (Built-in Tuner and knobs) - It also included a backup tuner incase the built-in one broke. // 10

Sound: This Guitar suits my style amazingly. I play songs by The Beatles, Aerosmith, some country artists, Poison, etc. This Guitar makes it easy for me to quickly drop tune from a standard tuning to play, "Every Rose Has Its Thorn". I will sometimes plug it into my amp but I usually don't because it doesn't plug into the regular input plug. It plugs into the CD input plug that I need to use for my microphone. If I do plug it in, I keep the guitar's settings at half because it is really loud. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: My CD-60CE is perfectly set up. There were no flaws in the production of this guitar. The Fender had brand new Fishman technology electronics, Brand new strings because it has been tried out by other people, and the bridge was alined perfectly. And I just love the quality of this guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I depend on this Fender CD-60CE and I do believe it can withstand a live performance. The Strap Buttons are solid and I would use it in a gig without a backup guitar. The finish to me is good enough to last because I have had it for a year now and it has not started to wear off yet. The Fishman electronics and the pickup seem like they will last. // 10

Overall Impression: I mostly play the rock music from the 60's to now and this Fender CD-60CE Acoustic/Electric Guitar matches that sound perfectly. I have been playing guitar for almost 10 years now I started when I was 4 years old with and Epiphone Les Paul "Pee-Wee". And now I own in my line up an Epiphone G-400, a Squire by Fender Stratocaster, and the Fender CD-60CE. If my Fender was to be lost or stolen I would buy it again. The thing on Fender I love the most is the built-in tuner. I didn't compare it to any other acoustics because this is the one I wanted. Mainly because Fender is a trustworthy company and I was looking for an affordable acoustic/electric guitar. // 10

CD-60CE Reviewed by: 1neeto, on march 22, 2012

Purchased from: Local music store

Features: - Model year: 2011 - Country of manufacture: China - Neck: 25.3 scale, rosewood fingerboard, 20 frets dual action truss rod. - Solid mahogany top - Laminated nato back and sides - Nato neck - Bridge: rosewood with compensated saddle - Nut width: 1.69" - Electronics: Fishman Isys III with active pre-amp and chromatic tuner. Volume, bass, mid, and treble controls. - Non-locking chrome tuners - MOP rossette design. - Fender hard shell case included // 10

Sound: I'm a beginning guitarist for the past four months, I like to play some rock and metal but this acoustic I use it for strumming (who doesn't love to strum "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" on an acoustic guitar?) and practicing picking individual strings. Because of the solid mahogany top, this guitar sounds much better than its MSRP suggests. The highs sound nice without being too bright, and the lows sound bassy. This is a great sounding guitar. And it will only get better with time once the mahogany starts to open up. When plugged in it tkes a while to dial in the tone, but once dialed in, she sounds pretty good. Cool thing also is that the tuner bypasses the pickup so you can go to alternate tunings and not worry about being amplified while tuning the guitar. I give it a ten in sound because of the price. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was way too high, at least for me. I have some well formed callus and I had to press those strings to the point of some discomfort to get a clean non muted sound. This was a non issue since the guitar tech at the store lowered the action for me and now it's perfect! Rating of 7 because of the high action. It was borderline unplayable with the factory setup. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very well built. I would gig with it with no backup. The strap buttons are good, and the hardware looks like of decent quality. Also this guitar hold its tune very well. The finish is nice and glossy and the natural dark mahogany grains are stunning. // 10

Overall Impression: I'm writing this review two weeks after purchase so I can avoid any NGD bias. I've been playing for four months and my style is rock and metal. I'm looking forward to get into other styles of playing with this guitar and I mostly use it to practice and strum chords. But eventually I would like to learn finger style, jazz blues or even classical. I think this guitar will be perfect for whatever you wish to play. Is there anything I wish I asked before buying it? Maybe a strap. Seriously at less then $300 this guitar (and hard case!) is a killer deal. If it was lost or stolen I would be very upset because chances are that I won't find another one since this guitar was such a short production run. What a really love about this guitar is the sound. That solid mahogany top made the other laminated CD60's and other laminated top guitars sound like toy guitars. The Fishman pre amp with the tuner is an awesome feature as well. The only thing I hated about it was the high action but it was an easy fix. I believe I need to mention this again. This CD60CE is NOT at the Fender website. It is different to the current 2012 CD60CE because the new ones come with laminated spruce tops. This one is a SOLID MAHOGANY TOP! It's easy to spot too when it's next to the other CD60's, it's the only one with the dark natural color instead of the light natural, black, or sunburst colors the current CD60CE is offered. If you spot this at your local Fender dealer give it a try. And then pick up a laminated CD60 and you'll hear the sound difference! // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Super-Sonic Twin 7.2 Guitar Amplifiers 09/25/2014