CG-24SCE Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 03/15/2005 category: Acoustic Guitars
Fender: CG-24SCE
More traditional, but still comfortable to electric and acoustic guitarists, the CG-24SCE features a solid cedar top, ovangkal back and sides, nato neck, and an onboard preamp/pickup system. Easy to play, and sounds great both plugged in and acoustic!
 8.3
 9.2
 7.4
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
CG-24SCE Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 15, 2005

Purchased from: Fender authorized store

Features: It was made in China. It has twenty frets unfortuanately thin frets with a solid top. The neck is made of rosewood with an eebony finger board. Back and sides are beutiful ovangkul and it has a Cedar top. The neck has an extremely fast satin finsih and the rest of the body has a clear finish. For a classical guitar, this neck is extremely thin in terms of the fretboard, the body is a grand auditorium with a cut away till the 15th fret. It contains a Fender AAC-PRO 3 band EQ with a volume control. THe tuners are the typical classical guitar tuners and are very sensitive compared to my other guitars. I wish it had a built in tuner. // 8

Sound: I play a lot of Spanish music mixed in with lead guitar/blue and rock. This guitar suits my style quiet well. I use it with a cheap Ausitn amp (nastiest thing ever) and despite the amp it still sounds good. This guitar has a very very deep resonant sound and has great bass and mids with a nice twang to the highs. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action (for a classical) is incredible! The only problem though is when strikeing the e on the d string, a smal vibration comes from the electronics that can be heard when the room is very quiet. Besides that the guitar is just beautiful. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will defenitely stand live playing and will last a long time. For a gig I wouldn't depend on a backup, nad the finish is great. // 10

Overall Impression: Once again, I play Spanish with a twist of almost everything. This guitar matches my needalmost perefectly. I have been playing for a year now and I am a very advanced classical muscian and a intermediate lead guitarist. I own a Yamaha acoustic guitar (best value for the money I have ever played, it sounds so good). Very soon I plan on buying a Rocktron Replitone amp with the midi mate that goes with it. I love the feel and the sound of this guitar. Sometimes, when playing alone, the buzz from the EQ bothers me. I wish it had a built in tuner. If it got loast/stolen I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. I compared it to 11 other guitars and I just could put down the incredible feel and its resonant sound (I went to the shop to play it 9 times before I bought it). // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Competition Delay 8.2 Guitar Effects 07/21/2014