DG-10CE Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 08/17/2007 category: Acoustic Guitars
Fender: DG-10CE
Laminated Spruce Top. Laminated Mahogany Back & Sides. Rosewood Fingerboard. Nato Neck. Rosewood Bridge. Chrome Die-Cast Machine Heads. Electronics: Fender Transducer with Volume and 3-Band EQ.
 Features: 8.5
 8.5
 9.3
 7.6
reviews (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
DG-10CE Reviewed by: Andian03, on april 27, 2004

Features: The Fender DG-10CE, introduced by the company in 1995, is an electro-acoustic guitar. It has a simple Fender Transducer with Volume and 3-Band EQ for finding the tone you want. The guitar has 20 frets, with the lower frets being easily accessible since the guitar is a cutaway. The guitar is Korean made but has an awesome sound. It is a dreadnought with satin finish, laminated spruce top, laminated mahogany sides and back, the fingerboard and bridge are made of rosewood, and the neck is made of nato. One thing I like is that the machine heads are die-cast chrome with covers. // 8

Sound: I like the guitar because it has a great sound. It is a great starter acoustic since it is cheap but it is also a quality guitar from Fender. Plugged or not, it is a great guitar to play that produces a rich, full sound. I would recommend it to anyone that would like a good learner guitar or has been playing for a while and wants someone new and cheap. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything about the guitar was perfect when I bought it. No flaws, good wood, nice hardware, and no warping. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The DG-10CE has been a reliable guitar for the time I have owned it. I bought mine the second year they were in production and have been happy with it ever since. It has kept the same quality since I pulled it off the rack and played with it a little. I have used it in many of my live shows and have never needed on a backup. I have taken this guitar everywhere with me and it has remained at top quality. // 10

Overall Impression: When I play live, I usually play top 40. When the time comes, I pull out the DG-10CE go at it. I have always enjoyed playing it on and off stage. I have been playing for 15 years now so I believe I have a good idea on quality. I own several other Fender electrics and several Gibson electrics. I would not trade this guitar for anything. // 10

DG-10CE Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 17, 2007

Features: I haven't really studied guitar features in depth, so this is a pretty broad overview. It's an acoustic-electric Fender guitar made in Korea. It has 20 frets, a volume and a tone control. The back, along with the sides, are mahogany and the fingerboard and bridge are both made of rosewood. // 9

Sound: This was the first acoustic that I've ever played, and the first one that I've owned and it still suits me pretty well. I can easily emit music from it that doesn't irritate everybody who hears it, per se. But there have been moments when I've wondered if all acoustics sound as bad, but that doesn't happen very often. It usually works pretty well. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This is where the primary problem comes in. The guitar isn't put together poorly, it's actually a pretty sturdy guitar (somebody actually commented on how well the body of the guitar is made), but the second fret of the high e string buzzes a lot. At first I thought it might have been strings, so I changed them, and the buzzing decreased dramatically, but it was still there. I don't have that problem with any other fret on the guitar. This isn't usually the biggest problem, but sometimes, especially when arpeggiating the D chord, it can become a slight problem (but it can usually be avoided by playing a little softer than usual). // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've played Live with this guitar a lot, and it's never caused me any problems. I've used it without backup for a long time, and I don't see that changing in the near future. Everything is pretty solid and I've never had any huge problems with it. I've also dropped it a few too many times and it's still works and looks fine. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this guitar is a good guitar, but it isn't the best. If it were lost or stolen, I doubt I'd buy the same model because there are better ones out there. But on the other hand, I hope it doesn't get lost or stolen because it has played well and it was the guitar that I used to start playing in the first place. It's a good guitar and I'll keep playing with it (not exclusively, though) probably until it breaks in half, which I doubt will happen. // 9

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ DG-20S 8.3 Acoustic Guitars 08/01/2014