DG-14SCE Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 04/04/2005 category: Acoustic Guitars
Fender: DG-14SCE
The DG-14SCE is a 6 string dreadnought guitar with soft cutaway, maple back and sides, solid spruce top, onboard preamp and pickup system.
 8.9
 8.8
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
DG-14SCE Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 04, 2005

Purchased from: Sherwood Music

Features: This Chinese made guitar has 20 frets. It has a solid sprue top with a gloss polyurethane finish. The neck is made of nato, fretboard of rose wood, and the sides and back are of laminated maple. It has an active Fishman 4 Classic preamp with bass, middle, treb, and billiance control. I'm not sure what kind of tuners are on it, but they stay intune almost all of the time. // 8

Sound: This guitar suits pretty much all I play. I play everything from Skynyrd to Disturbed. I am using a Peavey KB-1 amp right now, and it wounds wonder full with my guitar. The guitar does have a bit of noise when playign with the amp turned up, but it's nothing very noticable. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: It was wonderfully set up when I got it. Everything was perfect. Except for the bridge pins. They snapped when I tried to change my strings for the first time. Everythign fit perfectally. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is ammazing. It was withstood me wailing away on it with a stainless steel pick, to falling over in the case without an damage. The strap pin was a little hard to get the strap over, but it is very secure. Over the past few months, the finish hasn't changed at all except for where I hit a door knob with it. It was will stand almost all playing environments. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is amazing. All types of music sound good on it, it will withstand almost anything. If it were stolen I would definatly buy another one althought I would prolly hunt the person down. The only thing I have to say bad about this guitar is that: Buy a set of wouldnt bridge pins fo rit. The onses that come wiht it suck. Other then that This is a great guitar that is well worth the money for anyone looking for a new acoustic. // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Hot Rod DeVille 410 8.6 Guitar Amplifiers 03/31/2014